..last time I wrote down my score on a college ap was December.. When do you plan to take the SAT?

When do you plan to take the SAT?

Don't know if you're talking to me, but I'm not.

I'll take it again sometimes early next school year.

I dunno what it was exactly, I said something around that.. 2100 something or other.. I'm personally just glad its over, and I never have to take the stupid thing again :)

Unless your going for your masters... then you gots the GRE :D

Yeah, that's a pretty high score.

GRE? whats that..

lots of people got higher than me on the SAT though.. really pissed me off b/c some of them were like retarded lol.. our high school had 7 or 8 national merit finalists too.. and I don't think I did that well compared to them.. Those subject tests were a B**** too..

damn psat.. I suggest everyone who isn't >=senior to study hardcore for that.. I really screwed around, and it pays off if you do well..

Ah, the ACT and the numbers. I have for quite some time now been trying to remember what it was I had received. Since I am a pack rat, you'd think I'd have that lying around in an unlabeled box somewhere, but I'm far too lazy to search. I have a guess, or distant remembrance; all I remember now is that it translated receiving a grant of some sort, and that it was right at the cutoff number.

GRE? whats that..

The Graduate Record Examination or GRE is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in English speaking countries. It is created and administered by the Educational Testing Service consists of three graded sections and one research or experimental section that is not included in the reported score. Multiple-choice response sections are graded on a scale of 200-800, in 10 point increments. The writing section is graded on a scale of 0-6, in half-point increments. Sections may appear in any order on the test, with the exception of the Analytic Writing section, which always appears first.
One graded multiple-choice section is always a verbal section, consisting of analogies, antonyms, sentence completion, and reading comprehension passages. This section primarily tests vocabulary, and average scores in this section are substantially lower than those in the quantitative section. [1]
The quantitative section, the other multiple-choice section, consists of problem solving and quantitative comparison questions that test high-school levent. Each essay is scored by at least two readers on a six-point holistic scale. If the two scores are within one point, the average of the scores is taken. If the two scores differ by more than a point, a third reader examines the response.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduate_Record_Examination

grants are few and far between nowadays.. the government pretty much only helps you out if you're poor... I don't think any of my friends received grants because of standardized test scores..

probably is.

I would like to go back and take my ACTs again to see how I would do. Can you retake them after you've already entered into college? lol

hah yea, actually. I remember there were some Tech students taking the ACT at the same time as me.. I don't know why they were taking it..

I wonder if you could like... take them after your freshman year and the apply for better scholarships :)

lol.. I have no clue.. why on Earth would you want to take those standardized tests again anyways:scared:

grants are few and far between nowadays.. the government pretty much only helps you out if you're poor... I don't think any of my friends received grants because of standardized test scores..

Ah, college. The best 7 years of my life that I fail to remember.

Pell Grant?

Aren't all federal grants directed towards the lower economic classes?

I dunno. Maybe now. This was before you were born.

[edit]When things were actually more color blind and a meritocracy perhaps?

ha.. I have the Pell Grant and the Higher Education Grant (along with a couple scholarships and whatnot); my mom is a single mother of 3 boys, all of which are in college.

I just want to get into the higher tier of scholarships that are handed out each year.

@Duki: So do you recall whether it's 30 & up that assists with the Pell decision?

Not anymore. It's solely based on income from what I understood.

A weird scenario a guy told me who was helping me with my grants/scholarships.

If LaBron James (or maybe some other NBA player... can't remember the name.) were to apply for the Pell Grant he would receive the highest grant given out (which is at about $1900 or $2000+ per semester). This is because even though he makes $15 million a year, his mother's income is less than $12,000 yearly. If your parents total income is less than ~$12,000/year then your personal income isn't taken into account.
odd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.