Nf3xe5

That's a mistake. That means you would be taking your own pawn. My last move was Nf6xe4.

Which is why playing Chess like this is dumb ;)

Much easier playing instantly :)

Yeah, I would agree. Except that this way I have just about as much time as I want to think about my next move and move the pieces around myself and see my opponent's future moves and form my own strategies. The only disadvantage is that my opponent can do the exact same thing.

The only disadvantage is that my opponent can do the exact same thing.

Then its not an advantage ;)

Yes it is.

sorry! I played a game with the dad and accidentely set up the board wrong! well anyway..

Bf6 d3

Yes it is.

If your opponent has the exact same advantage then I would hardly call that an advantage at all..

unless you opponent makes rash impulsive decisions regardless ;-p

hah.. True..

sorry! I played a game with the dad and accidentely set up the board wrong! well anyway..

Bf6 d3

That still isn't right. And a bishop can't move like that anyway.

holy crap. Im stupid. Nevermind this is too embarresing! I don't want to play!

hahaa.. ;)

lol. It's okay, don't let it get to you. You've been playing since you were three, I'm sure you're good at it.

never used notation before.. just read about it on wikipedia. (never played online either)

I found a website called playchess.de where you can play tournaments with 5 to 9 people in your ability level over the course of days, so you have time to choose your moves wisely. If you do good your ranking goes up.

.. you could always play on yahoo games :)

Yeah, but then you don't get all the time you want to make your decisions.

10 minutes is a long term per move.. if you need longer then that.. somethings wrong ;)

Ten minutes per move? Yeah, that is a long time. I thought most games were shorter.

Nope.. you can set a time limit on yahoo, but I never play those timed games..

If its not timed though, you have 10 minutes per move.. I just played last night, was getting killed.. so I waited 9:50 to make a move.. 3 times.. the dude finally quit, so I won :D

Of course, no one has ever done that to me.. I was just kinda pissed off.

haha, I used to play on this website where if you one your ranking went up and you could choose to use an untimed game so I would move once and then my opponent would move once then I wouldn't move at all and he would quit making my ranking go up. At that time I was really bad at chess so I didn't win very often. Lol.

I'll gladly play anyone at chess.. but it must be instantaneous, either on yahoo games, through an IM program, etc. :)

I'd like to take you up on that offer sometime :)

Aight.. PM me somtime or something ;)

Chess was pretty fun when I played it for fun.I used to win a lot.

Yeah, anything is fun when you do it for fun. Lol.

haha.. tis true. You wanna play sometime, sk8?

Yeah, sure. Yahoo? I'll get an account with the same name as my Daniweb name tomorrow at midnight.

Okay.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.