Just thought I would drop a line to introduce myself. My name is Charlie and until recently I've managed to keep my head above water when it comes to keeping my PC running. Lately with all of the spyware and whatnot I'm starting to encounter problems that are a bit beyond my basic repair skills (i.e. reboot). Hope to find some individuals in the know who can help me so I don't end up giving my comp a serious thrashing. As for some basic background, I'm a guitar player who's into just about anything from industrial to classic rock. I collect original comic art, comic books and assorted comic related crap that I really don't need but may some day finance that house in the hamptons (alright, maybe just the downpayment on a small house in the suburbs of Columbus is more realistic). I also enjoy anime and cartoons such as the simpsons, family guy and futurama.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Just thought I would drop a line to introduce myself. My name is Charlie and until recently I've managed to keep my head above water when it comes to keeping my PC running. Lately with all of the spyware and whatnot I'm starting to encounter problems that are a bit beyond my basic repair skills (i.e. reboot). Hope to find some individuals in the know who can help me so I don't end up giving my comp a serious thrashing. As for some basic background, I'm a guitar player who's into just about anything from industrial to classic rock. I collect original comic art, comic books and assorted comic related crap that I really don't need but may some day finance that house in the hamptons (alright, maybe just the downpayment on a small house in the suburbs of Columbus is more realistic). I also enjoy anime and cartoons such as the simpsons, family guy and futurama.

A person who's a musician, likes comics, likes the Simpsons/Family Guy, AND likes Anime? I think I just found my long lost brother. We share quite a lot in common my friend. You'll go far in life. ^_^

Other musicians in here huh? We might just have to talk shop then. :) I play sax, but I've been trying to teach myself guitar, just don't have enough time to put into it right now.

My wife keeps hinting she wants to get me an upright bass for christmas... I'd really like one, but I'd feel guilty if she spent $1500 US on me for one!

Meanwhile, I'm happy with my modded-out Fender Jazz bass and 120W Trace Elliot studio model amp.

Cool, I'm glad there's other musicians in here. I've been playing the sax and piano for years. I prefer the Piano though. ^_^

Ahh theres nothing better than a great saxophone, although a bass comes in a close second. What do you usually play? Classical, jazz? I played mostly classical, even started college out at MSU in music. That never stopped my from playin jazz and rocking out with the local bands. :) Take care!

Well, for the saxophone, I like playing jazz and the blues. In school I was in the jazz band for about 5 years, not to mention about 4 other bands, including the marching band. As far as the Piano, my favorite genre is classical. Other genres I like are jazz, Disney tunes, musicals, Anime and video game music.

My favorite Sax player is Kenny G. People that have no respect for that guy don't understand music, I tell you. For classical, I like Beethoven and Chopin. For modern classical I like Yanni. ;)

Kenny G huh? He isn't very popular around here at MSU I can tell you that. Most of the sax players here that bash him have barely heard one or two of his songs. After seeing him live, I think he is a great performer. After owning a few of his albums, I'm not so impressed. After seeing some of the stunts he has pulled over the years I think he's setting the saxophone back a hundred years. Just a matter of opinion. :)

If you want to listen to a great saxophone player I suggest checking out Maceo Parker. I highly recomend his "Life of Planet Groove" album. Now there is some great jazz there. As far as classical....sigh, I'd probably have to go with Sinta and Lulloff. If you're up on saxophone proffessors, you can see I'm tainted by living in Michigan. :)

I've never really liked listening to classical piano from recordings, they just don't seem to be able to capture the beauty of piano. I try to hit up as many of the piano recitals as I can here. Music always seems better live to me at least. Take care!

kenny g made the record for holing the saxophone note didn't he?classical music is nice.tooo bad I haven;t heard any new music similar to it though.:(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.