Normally I'm an avid Everquest II player, but I decided to try this out based on the good reviews. And it's awesome! I can't get over the visual effects and how beautiful the game looks without bogging down my high-end machine (ala Vanguard). The world feels big and looks great.

Gameplay is intuitive and fun, not to mention familiar for anyone who plays MMOs. This is the only game I've been playing that I didn't turn off the music except in a few choice areas.

But the best part, and the reason why I'm posting a thread on it is the character designs. I can finally create a character that looks good enough to develop a really strong and unique personality. Attached is my main, isn't she adorable? :*

Recommended Answers

All 50 Replies

The graphics like pretty tight.. I might have to check that game out.. hopefully I don't get hooked

I prefer text based mmorpgs. They have _ a lot_ more depth than normal graphical rpgs. The current MUD I play is called achaea. Its really cool. You can do almost anything!

>They have _ a lot_ more depth than normal graphical rpgs.
Can you elaborate on that?

> Attached is my main, isn't she adorable?
So this is how you look eh?

Personally haven't played a lot of eye candy MMO's. Ragnarok and WOW. They consume a _lot_ of time.

So I guess its good bye Everquest for you. ;-)

>So this is how you look eh?
Why would I want to look like myself in a game? No, I develop a good personality for roleplaying and then try to build a character that matches that personality. So far this is the closest as I've ever gotten. :)

>Ragnarok and WOW. They consume a _lot_ of time.
I haven't played Ragnarok, but I got bored with WoW in no time.

>So I guess its good bye Everquest for you. ;-)
I'm not allowed to play multiple MMOs? ;)

So this is how you look eh?

Shes got a nice picture of herself as her avatar ;)

>Shes got a nice picture of herself as her avatar
That's really how I look when I'm coding. ;)

> I'm not allowed to play multiple MMOs?
Drats, how come you people manage to find that kind of time?

> That's really how I look when I'm coding.
And this is how I look when I am dead serious. ;-)

>Shes got a nice picture of herself as her avatar
That's really how I look when I'm coding. ;)

haha..

And this is how I look when I am dead serious. ;-)

Your avatar always reminds me of that Yu-Gi-Oh show (I've seen it a couple of times, and not on purpose lol).. It looks tight though :)

> Can you elaborate on that?
sure. In achaea I can:

eat peoples heads
push people out of trees
kidnap people
kill people in cities
steal from shops
steal from players
cause total chaos
Become the ruler of a city, continent, etc.

Its completely player run! No stupid NPCs! (there are NPCs but they are usaully for n00bs)

I hate text based games.. All the ones I have played are so damn boring.. having a graphical interface makes everything so much more fun and entertaining..

> Can you elaborate on that?
sure. In achaea I can:

eat peoples heads
push people out of trees
kidnap people
kill people in cities
steal from shops
steal from players
cause total chaos
Become the ruler of a city, continent, etc.

Its completely player run! No stupid NPCs! (there are NPCs but they are usaully for n00bs)

Of course Game Development companies could make games like that but they would have a hard time selling it.

why? And no a graphical mmorpg can never be as in depth as a MUD. With a MUD I can do literally everything. I can get tatoos, grow wings, fly, fight in the air, jump on baloons, kill without stupid city killing rules, etc. Another thing I like is that role-playing is mandatory. Once when I was talking about my computer, my house leader (guilds basically) kidnapped me and threw me in jail and told me I would be released when I become "sane". I mean, how cool is that?

>Your avatar always reminds me of that Yu-Gi-Oh show
That show is hilarious. You should watch more of it. The basic premise is that everyone plays this card game, but nobody knows what any of the cards do. So every battle consists of the players explaining how their cards work.

>In achaea I can: <snip>
I'm guessing that most of that is because you can more or less echo anything you want and have it become an action. Kind of like the old pencil and paper RPGs.

That show is hilarious. You should watch more of it. The basic premise is that everyone plays this card game, but nobody knows what any of the cards do. So every battle consists of the players explaining how their cards work.

lol. The cards do not even have rule or flavor text!

I'm guessing that most of that is because you can more or less echo anything you want and have it become an action. Kind of like the old pencil and paper RPGs.

Yes its almost like playing D&D or something. Of course, I prefer a paper and pencil RPG but sometimes thats not possible.

hah icic.. I always just thought it was some stupid spin-off of pokemon, which I thought sucked... and I never understood how that card game actually worked. There were some people at my school who played that card game everyday at lunch lmao.. it was so gay, and people always harassed them..

Don't you think his avatar looks like a character from that show? lol

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are lame. Magic on the other hand is sweet (mainly because the illustrations do not look like crap. It also has more professional rules)

> Don't you think his avatar looks like a character from that show?
Come on, show some mercy. How can you compare something cool like my avatar with those childish shows?

no seriously your avatar does look like a yu-gi-oh character! Hes putting up his glasses after being attacked and beaten to the floor by a hologram! (never understood that)

Don't you people think these two look _way_ too different.

I right ones definitely cooler! ;-)

ah, so you get your pics from dvdanime..

This kinda looks like the yu-gi-oh pic you linked.. but yea, I think Sturm was right.. the character in your avatar just got beat by one of the holograms.. he is putting his glasses up in disbelief :D

http://www.dvdanime.net/img_articles/79/dvd1.jpg
hehe

@~s.o.s~:
I know it's not Yugioh, but where does your avatar pic come from?

>Come on, show some mercy.
Mercy? Here? You sure do have some funny notions.

>How can you compare something cool like my avatar with those childish shows?
Because it's fun. I'm not a big fan of Get Backers, so I can live with the comparison. :)

> Mercy? Here? You sure do have some funny notions.
Yes, I guess I should have known better than ask for mercy _here_. ;-)

> I know it's not Yugioh, but where does your avatar pic come from?
Get Backers.

> I'm not allowed to play multiple MMOs?
Drats, how come you people manage to find that kind of time?

multitasking :)

Looks very good. May give it a go when I've finished Oblivion (which is also extremely pretty)

> multitasking
Heh. I really wonder... ;-)

> Looks very good. May give it a go when I've finished Oblivion (which is also extremely pretty)
From what I have heard, Oblivion has a long gameplay, spanning across around 60 or more hours. I still am in the shadows as to what these guys have been feeding the audience with since Elder Scrolls I...

> multitasking
Heh. I really wonder... ;-)

> Looks very good. May give it a go when I've finished Oblivion (which is also extremely pretty)
From what I have heard, Oblivion has a long gameplay, spanning across around 60 or more hours. I still am in the shadows as to what these guys have been feeding the audience with since Elder Scrolls I...

I didn't play 1 but played from Daggerfall onwards. Even though the main quests are pretty decent I like just wandering around the country side, doing side quests, getting fancy armour and weapons. There is a unbelievable amount of depth in Oblivion. I'm still unsure whether online RPGs are for me or not.. WoW seemed really dull to me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.