We all know the 80s was the BEST time for many things,1 of them being CARTOONS!!!!!!

Ah did i like getting up on saturday morning and watching them!!

Today its nothing but GARBAGE!!!! (And not just on saturday either)

Well i found a site today that lists ALL THE EDITING that has been done so far to 80s cartoons and it makes me so angry!!

http://looney.goldenagecartoons.com/ltcuts

Leave our good classics alone!!!!!!! -- I feel so bad for the youth of today,they have NO IDEA what good is,and now WE HAVE TO SUFFER FOR IT!!! (Having our stuff picked apart that was ACTUALLY GOOD!!!!!)

:angry:

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

you can think our liberal friends, such as the ACLU, for that. God forbid cartoons show any kind of violence because it will destroy our children's minds :@ I've been watching them for the past 60 years and my mind is perfectly ok, thank you very much. My children are now in their 40s and they turned out ok too.

that is very true, even though im 16 i can still remember when i use to watch tv and all i liked to watch was tom and jerry, popeye, and alot more !!

yea.. same here. Today, they have some awesome cartoons like Futurama, Family Guy, and South Park ;) lol

yeah those are better! Especially family guy.

the best cartoons were NOT the 1980s. They were the 1940s to 1960s (maybe early 1970s).
Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, that era.

that stuff there is now in cartoon network... even my little sister that is 4 y/o can do better cartoons than those...

now, if we're talking about adult cartoons (the simpsons, family guy, southpark) tjose are pretty cool...

heck yea, South Park.

> even my little sister that is 4 y/o can do better cartoons than those...
Please share her creations with us...

> now, if we're talking about adult cartoons (the simpsons, family guy, southpark) tjose are pretty cool...
If your little sis can do the stuff on cartoon network, she can even do 'Simpsons, Family Guy, SouthPark' etc. minus the nonsensical and explicit content.

God forbid cartoons show any kind of violence because it will destroy our children's minds :@ .

I know, people say tom and jerry and the WB cartoons are violent but i watched it and I turned out ok. What we need to be aware of is crap like Pokemon (i swear those cartoons rotted my mind ;) )

you can think our liberal friends, such as the ACLU, for that. God forbid cartoons show any kind of violence because it will destroy our children's minds

Ya and those VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES they play are better right??

I used to like going to arcades!!!!!

Not amymore,its all garbage (Fighting games) -- Thats what is me$$ing up todays youth,all these trash games and stuff they are subjected too....

:(

>>If your little sis can do the stuff on cartoon network, she can even do 'Simpsons, Family Guy, SouthPark' etc. minus the nonsensical and explicit content.

But not as hilarious as they are...:D

> But not as hilarious as they are
Of course since I already cut out the nonsensical and explicit content.

Not amymore,its all garbage (Fighting games) -- Thats what is me$$ing up todays youth,all these trash games and stuff they are subjected too....

:(

I don't understand how video games or television shows can 'mess up' the youth of today.. What, are they stupid enough to copy stuff done in video games, movies, etc? If so, then thats the parents' fault for not teaching their kids the difference between reality and the virtual/fake world..

> If so, then thats the parents' fault for not teaching their kids the difference between reality and the
> virtual/fake world.
Or the fault of the kids, for acting their age, a thing which is so natural...

There's a difference between pretending and actually copying that stuff. Most kids would pretend, but they know the show isn't real or that it would be bad for them to actually copy it. The kids who end up shooting up a school or something never had a clear vision of reality and virtual reality.

So where do the parents come in? You can't blame the parents for what those suckers do to this world.

but, if you try to explain death for example to a kid that has been seeing all those cartoons where people (or things) die, and after a series of test are brought magically back to life, what picture do you thing would seem more interesting to the kid?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.