Hey arjunsasidharan!
Please do quickly post something. You have 666 posts!
Post something quick so that your posts can be more than this pretty controversial number:S . Peace

Recommended Answers

All 112 Replies

Goku and venom against chuck norris and spider man.muhahahahaha

666 = Good.

666 = Devil.. Are you feeing better now jamello?

666=999 upside down

666=619+47

666=777-111

666=619+47

haha, BA-ZING :D

it's just a number, what's the fuss about? :?:

I think the fuss is mostly about making a fuss. While the number has significance in the Bible, Book of Revelation, it has significance because it is somehow attached to a specific individual, not because of the number itself. In this case, I think jamello was joking about arjunsasidharan's post count.

If that's not the fuss you mean, then I apologize for taking up your time.

lol this whole thread is ridiculous.. I happen to like the number 666 as it scares all the christians away lol ;)

Our project here at work is one file shy of 666 class files...

lol this whole thread is ridiculous.. I happen to like the number 666 as it scares all the christians away lol ;)

You mean it scares the Catholics away. Infact the only reason its in the bibles is because its looked upon as an imperfect number.

.. and Catholics are the main component of the Christian religion

Actually this is mainly another example of people getting lead astray by other people and not looking at what is acctually said in the bible. i think the main fear behind the number 666 comes from movies such as the Omen which use it as some sort of symbol for the devil.

I do not think that just because everyone that has something to do with the Bible and believes in Jesus have been Generalised and put under the same Tag of "Christian" does not mean that what the catholic church does covers everyone simply because they have a majority. Infact i find it quite silly that all the different "denominations" no matter how different their actual beliefs may be are all put under the label "Christian". You have to rember that each Denomination IS a different group entirely and the only way you can make the argument catholics have the majority and therefore represent the rest is if you are simply looking at the label "Christians" Yes they all believe in Jesus, Yes they all follow the bible in one form or another but there are distinct enough differences between them that they are seperate. Therefore just because one Group or Denomination believes it does not mean everyone does.

i think the main fear behind the number 666 comes from movies such as the Omen which use it as some sort of symbol for the devil.

What are you smoking? The number 666 is the symbol of the devil.. If you read Revelations, it says quite literally that the number "666" is the devil's number..

I do not think that just because everyone that has something to do with the Bible and believes in Jesus have been Generalised and put under the same Tag of "Christian" does not mean that what the catholic church does covers everyone simply because they have a majority. Infact i find it quite silly that all the different "denominations" no matter how different their actual beliefs may be are all put under the label "Christian". You have to rember that each Denomination IS a different group entirely and the only way you can make the argument catholics have the majority and therefore represent the rest is if you are simply looking at the label "Christians" Yes they all believe in Jesus, Yes they all follow the bible in one form or another but there are distinct enough differences between them that they are seperate. Therefore just because one Group or Denomination believes it does not mean everyone does.

Uh, you don't seem to understand the term "sect". The reason that all the different sects of Christianity are still considered Christian, is because they all believe that Jesus is the son of God, and that he died to save us.. this is the fundamental belief of Christianity.. I don't think you understand that other religions have different sects as well.. Islam, for instance has different sects.. the shiites, are 10% of the islam population. They are the extremists who are responsible for most of the 'terrorism'.. They believe in 'jihad', and are very different from the sunnis. A Sunni would be insulted by such confusion between the two different sects..

You seem to think that Catholics are not Christians b/c you do not believe the same as the catholics.. which is completely idiotic.. There is no way to tell who is really correct (unless you ask an atheist). So, all the different protestant sects and catholicism are quite different.. they are different sects of the same religion.. I suggest you read up on world religions and try to grasp this concept of different religious sects.

I don't think you understand that other religions have different sects as well.. Islam, for instance has different sects.. the shiites, are 10% of the islam population. They are the extremists who are responsible for most of the 'terrorism'.. They believe in 'jihad', and are very different from the sunnis. A Sunni would be insulted by such confusion between the two different sects..

Curious... Al-Qaeda appears to be Sunni.

hmm.. I apologize, as I don't know as much about Islam as I do Christianity.. but I was quite certain that there was one extremist sect, and one conservative, peaceful group. I may be mistaken on this though.

[edit]

Whatever, you get the point.. I find Islam to be completely idiotic anyway.. Christianity I can stand. But Islam, and all their rules of praying 7 times a day, singing those dumb prayers, and having rules like never drawing a picture of muhammad or running like a maniac around mecca seems completely ridiculous to me. lol.. this is all my opinion btw, so don't get all mad..

Also, religions that believe in reincarnation are completely absurd too.. In fact, every religion is just crazy. We should globalize the world, and not have any religion at all. Then things would be a bit more peaceful anyway without people fighting for 'the glory of god!"

-sigh-

I never said Catholics are not Christian i said just because they fall under the same Generalised Term(or Sect) does not mean that they represent everyone else under that just because they have a larger number of people.

I never said that the Bible does not make reference to it. I said that alot of the hype behind the number and it somehow being a number that people should stay away from comes from movies.

However the Bible does not say it is the mark of the devil (read below) more a way of telling the Anti-Christ and never really says anything about it being an Evil number in itself. As i said most of the Hype about it being the Devils number and evil comes from movies and TV shows.

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Revelation 13:18

"the number of the beast". I think that right there states clearly enough that 666 is the devil's number.. not necessarily his mark, as I have heard that is the star inscribed inside a circle.

Hey, where exactly does it say anything about the antichrist in the bible? I've always found that to be quite interesting.. and I read all of Revelations, yet I never found anything about the antichrist :(

What are you smoking? The number 666 is the symbol of the devil.. If you read Revelations, it says quite literally that the number "666" is the devil's number..

It vex me when people take things out of context and makes them facts.

This is what Revelation says:
Revelation Chapter 13 ver. 18.
"Here is awisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six".

666 is not the devil's number. And it doesn't mean evil.
Read the whole chapter 13 and stop believing everything you watch from Hollywood.

?

Perhaps if you had read the link..

"666 could also be titled as The Unholy Trinity representing The Devil, The Antichrist and The False Prophet."

"..the Biblical verse Revelation 13:18 which indicates that the number 666 is the Number of the Beast, linked to Satan or the Anti-Christ."

666 is the devil's number.

Hey, where exactly does it say anything about the antichrist in the bible? I've always found that to be quite interesting.. and I read all of Revelations, yet I never found anything about the antichrist :(

Here's just a couple references if you are so incline to know what antichrist ment for the earliest saints.

1. 1 Jn. 2: 18, 22
    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

• • •
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2. 1 Jn. 4: 3
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
  3. 2 Jn. 1: 7
    7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Well thats pretty tight. what would you christians do if you came into contact with the 'antichrist' ? jw

Well thats pretty tight. what would you christians do if you came into contact with the 'antichrist' ? jw

Of more curiosity to me, what would a not-Christian do?

Well, we would team up, and try to take down Jesus.. lol

No, seriously.. If I knew for a 100% fact that it was the antichrist, then therefore a christ would have to exist.. so I would obviously run to church and ask for forgiveness :)

Now, back to my question.. what would you do?

No, seriously.. If I knew for a 100% fact that it was the antichrist, then therefore a christ would have to exist.. so I would obviously run to church and ask for forgiveness :)

Bad "atheist"!

Now, back to my question.. what would you do?

Much like your initial comments.

I'm a realist.. and I've come to the conclusion that there is no god based on a plethora of scientific, historical, and mathematical evidence.

However, I have an open mind. And I'm no fool. If there was an antichrist, then I would have no problem admitting that I was wrong, and try to fix it. However, such an incident would not likely occur.

aww.. you would run and repent? I was hoping someone would say that they would try to kill him or something..

I'm a realist..

aww.. you would run and repent? I was hoping someone would say that they would try to kill him or something..

M'kay. How would a realist kill something otherworldly after just accepting the possibility of something otherworldly existing and thus nullifying his current(?) belieif?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.