huh?

I was hoping a Christian would say that he/she would kill the antichrist so that I could come in with a comment condemning that act according to the bible..

"the number of the beast". I think that right there states clearly enough that 666 is the devil's number.. not necessarily his mark, as I have heard that is the star inscribed inside a circle.

Hey, where exactly does it say anything about the antichrist in the bible? I've always found that to be quite interesting.. and I read all of Revelations, yet I never found anything about the antichrist :(

You should go through and read over revalation again.

The beast is antichrist or at least that is the translation that alot of people have gotten from revalation. This does not mean that its true its just what alot of people believe and then that idea getting into movies and such has also made alot of christians believe thats the case without going and looking at revalation for themself and making up their own mind.

huh?

I was hoping a Christian would say that he/she would kill the antichrist so that I could come in with a comment condemning that act according to the bible..

Bible does not say anything about having to kill the antichrist... so why would we try and kill him. All it really says is to basically not get caught up in all the nonsense that will go on. (some people belive his rein will be 7 years i think)

here
here
here
here
Grand Rapids, Michigan must be so proud!

But what's 665? The Neighbor of the Beast!!! :)

All it really says is to basically not get caught up in all the nonsense that will go on. (some people belive his rein will be 7 years i think)

C'mon. I think Hillary's shootin' fr at least 8. :)

666 = number of the beast
667 = neighbour of the beast

lol ;)

@JoshSCH:
If you ran into an antichrist, you'd agree with him. Your own position as an atheist is based on the spirit of antichrist.

If you ran into the Antichrist (the Beast of the book of Revelation), you'd probably accept him as a wonderful leader with many new ideas; he's not going to be the Hollywood Standard Demonic Monster. Instead, the Beast will appear to be an enlightened world leader.

The Book of Revelation clearly states that the number of the beast is the number of a man, and that the number is six hundred sixty six. (Six hundred and threescore and six in the KJV; a score ["Four score and seven years ago..."] is a fancy/archaic way of saying twenty.) It is in reference to the Beast, but it is not "the devil's number".

And why would a Christian need to kill Antichrist? He will have great power and authority, but he's still bounded about by the Lord. Antichrist will appear. He will rule for a time. And in the appointed end, the Lord will deal with him.

@WaltP and jbennet:
No, you're both wrong. 664 and 668 will be the neighbors; 665 and 667 will be across the street.

@Dave Sinkula:
I seriously doubt Hillary is the Beast...has she signed any treaties with Israel? I do agree she'll probably shoot for eight years, though...and pardon me for saying that I hope she's not the elected official chosen next year.

commented: That is bullseye my friend! very good. +1
commented: Amen to that. +13

Actually, when the Bible talked about the 'antichrist', it talked of the 'spirit' of antichrist and the antichrist personified. This should not be mixed up. The 'spirit' of antichrist is already in the world.

1. 1 Jn. 2: 18, 22
    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that
    antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

• • •
    22 Who is a

liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
  2. 1 Jn. 4: 3
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is
    not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
  3. 2 Jn. 1: 7
    7 For many
    deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

Then there is the antichrist himself personified.

If you ran into the Antichrist (the Beast of the book of Revelation), you'd probably accept him as a wonderful leader with many new ideas; he's not going to be the Hollywood Standard Demonic Monster. Instead, the Beast will appear to be an enlightened world leader.

The Book of Revelation clearly states that the number of the beast is the number of a man, and that the number is six hundred sixty six. (Six hundred and threescore and six in the KJV; a score ["Four score and seven years ago..."] is a fancy/archaic way of saying twenty.) It is in reference to the Beast, but it is not "the devil's number".

This is the truth!

On the whole, the Bible is trying to show what would be predominant as this age comes to a close. It is THE ENTHRONEMENT OF MAN - his ideas, his position as man on earth, his philosophy and rule.

The number '6' is the number of man. He was created on the 6th day for example. And generally in the bible, that number is always used to depict man. So that number 666 depicts the rulership and the entronement of man and his ideas. Man in the 'innercourt' (6), man in the 'middlecourt'(6) and man in the 'outercourt' (6) of the Lords house or temple.

It is this entronement of man or the spirit behind it that is responsible for the creation of atheists and the like. :cool: peace

Well in my view i appear to be unconcerned to the superstition associated with numbers.
1856328 is just as lucky as 7........

not in vegas

>It is this entronement of man or the spirit behind it that is responsible for the creation of atheists and the like. peace

ohh really? mmkay.. There is no antichrist, and such a myth will never exist. :)

There was one in dogma......god I hate that movie.Stupid jay and silent bob.....:S

>@WaltP and jbennet:
No, you're both wrong. 664 and 668 will be the neighbors; 665 and 667 will be across the street.

haha, give the man a cookie :D

And would it be ok to get a shirt on with "666 ... and just for good measure" on the front "616" on the back?

@WaltP and jbennet:

I have neighbors across the street :icon_razz:

1856328 is just as lucky as 7........

No it's not. 1856329 is just as lucky as 7. 1856328 is only a 6.

vi vi vi: the editor of the beast

That I like!!!! It is a hell of an editor! I'm sure it's designed by Satan.

i know, why does vi have to be so complex !

Because it has to be only accessible by geeks... ;-)

lol

i have a little cheat sheet with all the commands like

:w
:q
:q!

etc...

I prefer Nano to Vi

lol I need something like that..

lol I need something like that..

Here, just for you.

Why, thank you

i just piped man vi into nano and saved edited it before saving as a text file.

i think Vi is the BSD era one and Vim is the new GNU one?

beside that complex stuff
This is my 555 post on Daniweb! :P
Does 555 mean anything to anyone?

No.

<<pardon the interruption, I'm just bringing this to someone's attention in case it was not known>>
<<[aside]they/their is not correct grammar[/aside]>>

Yeah i know, i tried to send him one ages ago and it did that. non-sponsors only get like 100 spaces or so

Haha.. even the admins make grammar mistakes I suppose ;)

I didn't even realize there were a message cap... perhaps it should alert me when my messages are full...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.