It should have a popup window like when you recieve one

I've never seen it..

There should be an option in your settings

Ah, I had "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" disabled.. I just noticed that it sent me e-mails, but for some reason they would show up in spam.. all other messages from members or the digest show up in my inbox.. lol

mine doesn't show a pop-up message, but when i first open Daniweb on "Control Panel" a notice comes up saying i have a message so no biggy.

This whole thing reminds me of an old hammer horror episode where the number 9 was supposedly the number of the devil because you can times it by any number and add all the digits of the product down to a single number and it will always be the number 9.

For example:

9x2=18,1+8=9

9x189423=1704807, 1+7+0+4+8+0+7=27, 2+7=9

Thats cool..

Also similar to The number 23.....HAHA Jim carey doing serious acting

mine doesn't show a pop-up message, but when i first open Daniweb on "Control Panel" a notice comes up saying i have a message so no biggy.

If you have a popup blocker it breaks it

There is a lot of misinformation about the number of the beast. It is 666. But the beast is not a person. Beasts in Scripture always denote governments.

So the beast is a government.

The name of the beast is what the number stands for. The beast forces you to use the number. Without the number, you can't buy or sell.

We also have to remember that the numbers of names always used the Hebrew alphabet. The first 10 letters of the alphabet are also the digits (with 0 last).

The letter waw is the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. So 666 is waw waw waw.

Waw is equivalent to the English letter w.

So 666 is www.

The beast will be a government that forces a cashless society on us over the World Wide Web.

-gasp-

There is a lot of misinformation about the number of the beast. It is 666. But the beast is not a person. Beasts in Scripture always denote governments.

I'm not up on it, but I thought that particular passage might have specifically mentioned otherwise.

The name of the beast is what the number stands for. The beast forces you to use the number. Without the number, you can't buy or sell.

We also have to remember that the numbers of names always used the Hebrew alphabet. The first 10 letters of the alphabet are also the digits (with 0 last).

So 666 is www.

The beast will be a government that forces a cashless society on us over the World Wide Web.

hahahahahahahaha

Oh man.. you are hilarious.. That reminded me of a South Park in which Cartman 'proved' that Kyle was responsible for the September 11th terrorist attacks.. in much the same way that you reasoned that.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

So the beast is a government? John also writes that the beast will have one of its heads wounded to death, and then healed, and that the world would wonder after it. And that the world will worship the beast. How can a system of government be wounded, or healed? How can you worship a government?

Except that the number isn't, as you imply, 6-6-6 (six six six), it's a true 666 (six-hundred sixty six). And that doesn't seem to correlate with the Hebrew alphabet in any way.

So 666 is www.

Quite possible, but not necessarily for the reasons you proclaim. As to your speculations on waw/waw/waw = web, I've seen something similar elsewhere accusing the web of being the beast's seal...at the time, it was in a 'Bill Gates si teh antikrist OMG' screed, pointing out that the Roman Numeral VI can be sometimes written as VI, and that VI = W, so VI VI VI = WWW =, well, you get the idea. Again, though, that's based on a reading of a simple string of sixes, which reading is incorrect.

MidiMagic's assumption is idiotic.. He simply makes random connections that do not even apply to the initial data. There is NO way to logically incorporate 666 into the meaning that it is the government, and the world wide web is the destructor.

Try providing evidence for your wild assumptions, for once.

Uh, no.

?

Again, do you offer any prove that numbers of names always used the Hebrew alphabet?

The 666th letter is not waw.

haha.. Perhaps www was meant to stand for an organization in the future that we don't know about yet? Or it stands for something else.. World Wide Waste. Or maybe, just maybe, it doesn't stand for jack sh**.

Don't you see? I could easily do research about 'waw', and throw in some random references just as you did, and claim that the destruction will come from, I don't know, say a homemade pie. lol..

And in that day, Terror didst rain upon them, even as with Whipped Cream and Strawberry Filling didst it rain.

Dude i think he was just making a joke josh everything doesnt have to be idiodic and illogical.

I thought he was joking too, but then people started talking as if he was serious.. so I just had to point out that his post was not in the least bit logical..

>Or it stands for something else.. World Wide Waste.

LOL! Now that really is a good one! It shows that irrationality can be countered by a fine sense of humor!

>I thought he was joking too

ditto, it's a whacky consipracy theory, nothing wrong with that. Read, laugh, move on. No need to blow a whistle.

Conjecture?! decidedly yes!
The number of the beast has always been said to be related to computing. The dominance of man and the domination of 'his' planet or world through computers. Rightly or wrongly pointers to this fact are rife.

I'll give one example someone pointed out to me. On every bar code image printed on products shown to me, it was pointed out that these series of bars signifying numbers (sales prices, batch numbers and the like) is always preceeded and ended by a longer bar which is a 'six' and then a bar of same lenght right in the middle! Scary aint' it?

We all know how the bar codes work. I checked up myself and this seemed to be correct. The three longer bars in the series of bars are of the same size(in width and thickness) with any of the bar(s) depicting a six. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I believe that the machinery and the tech. to be used by the antichrist and his government is already with us!

@josh
Check up on this!
Peace

I work in Tesco, i will check this out.

lol nice hbk :P
I don't work, dang i need money.........

The number of the beast has always been said to be related to computing. The dominance of man and the domination of 'his' planet or world through computers. Rightly or wrongly pointers to this fact are rife.

I'll give one example someone pointed out to me. On every bar code image printed on products shown to me, it was pointed out that these series of bars signifying numbers (sales prices, batch numbers and the like) is always preceeded and ended by a longer bar which is a 'six' and then a bar of same lenght right in the middle! Scary aint' it?

We all know how the bar codes work. I checked up myself and this seemed to be correct. The three longer bars in the series of bars are of the same size(in width and thickness) with any of the bar(s) depicting a six. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I believe that the machinery and the tech. to be used by the antichrist and his government is already with us!

@josh
Check up on this!
Peace

You, and your damn conspiracy theories.. What are the chances that the 7 year rule of the antichrist is in our lifetime? Why would there be clues as to when and where the antichrist is arriving? It is quite evident in the bible that your god wishes this to happen when no one is thinking about it.. its supposed to be a surprise.. and he obviously wants you to suffer for 7 years, as he doesn't send his son until after the antichrist's reign.. Seems to me that your god enjoys drama.. he likes to give up control of this planet to the antichrist so that he can stage a dramatic come back victory! You know what? I'm the antichrist.. I didn't want to tell you, but seeing as your so hot on my tail, I'm just going to tell you.. hopefully this puts an end to all your lame antichrist conspiracies.

OMG does no-one her study database design?

The barcode doesnt hold the price! the barcode is is an Unique key for that product so that each supermaeket can ahve different prices.

@josh
Check up on this!
Peace

I think that might just be the standard of your country as our barcodes here look nothing like what you described.

You, and your damn conspiracy theories.. What are the chances that the 7 year rule of the antichrist is in our lifetime? Why would there be clues as to when and where the antichrist is arriving? It is quite evident in the bible that your god wishes this to happen when no one is thinking about it.. its supposed to be a surprise.. and he obviously wants you to suffer for 7 years, as he doesn't send his son until after the antichrist's reign.. Seems to me that your god enjoys drama.. he likes to give up control of this planet to the antichrist so that he can stage a dramatic come back victory! You know what? I'm the antichrist.. I didn't want to tell you, but seeing as your so hot on my tail, I'm just going to tell you.. hopefully this puts an end to all your lame antichrist conspiracies.

I really can't see any need for stuff like this i mean really this topic is about what people think of the number 666 and that will always lead onto the topic of the antichrist. Nobody is forcing you to read or even post on this thread so if you can't stand all these "lame antichrist conspiracies" then perhaps its best just to avoid this thread rather then spoiling it with this kind of nonsense for everyone who does have an interest in the topic.

Again, do you offer any prove that numbers of names always used the Hebrew alphabet?

All numbers in the Bible are written that way. Both the Hebrews and Greeks used letters of the alphabet for DIGITS. Both used decimal numbering.

Hebrew started using only the first 9 letters as digits, placing higher powers of ten on the right. Spaces were originally interposed if a place had a zero value. The 10th letter was used for zero after the existence of a zero value was accepted, producing a system just like our decimal numbers.

Greek used a different system, because the original Greek alphabet had 27 letters. The first 9 letters were used for ones, the next 9 were used for tens, and the last 9 letters were for hundreds. But they used words in the Bible.

The 666th letter is not waw.

Very funny. Hebrew was using place value then. The only difference is that the right hand waw was the 600.

Don't you see? I could easily do research about 'waw', and throw in some random references just as you did, and claim that the destruction will come from, I don't know, say a homemade pie. lol..

The difference is that it was not my research. The following are well known in Bible study:

- A beast is a government (See the book of Daniel)

- Hebrew numbers use letters for digits. The number 6 is the letter waw.

- Revelation 13:16-17 says the number of the beast is a number without which you cannot buy or sell.

- waw makes the w sound.

The only thing I added is that I noticed that waw waw waw correlates to www.

I have written barcode software, so I know how they work. The "thickness" of any one bar doesn't matter as such. That is not how they work.

Instead, all of the bars are the same width. Some of them are black, and the oithers are white. What you see as a "thick" bar is actually two or three bars the same color which are side by side. As in serial port signals, a black bar is a mark, and a white bar is a space.

The special bar patterns at both ends and in the center are sync patterns, designed to set the receiving rate as the LASER sweeps over the barcode. Then, each digit consists of a 5-bar group. A white bar is interposed between numbers. To add to the mystery (actually, as a data check), number groups to the right of the bar are complemented (black and white are interchanged).

But to ease your minds, the little numbers under the bars say exactly what the bars say. On the product code, the first 5 numbers identify the manufacturer, and the last 5 identify the product. The small numbers at the ends are data error check numbers.

The price is stored in the store's computer that runs the cash registers. Otherwise, they would have to change the barcodes when they change the prices.

I really can't see any need for stuff like this i mean really this topic is about what people think of the number 666 and that will always lead onto the topic of the antichrist. Nobody is forcing you to read or even post on this thread so if you can't stand all these "lame antichrist conspiracies" then perhaps its best just to avoid this thread rather then spoiling it with this kind of nonsense for everyone who does have an interest in the topic.

Okay. This thread has become far too idiotic anyway..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.