You, and your damn conspiracy theories.. What are the chances that the 7 year rule of the antichrist is in our lifetime? Why would there be clues as to when and where the antichrist is arriving? It is quite evident in the bible that your god wishes this to happen when no one is thinking about it.. its supposed to be a surprise.. and he obviously wants you to suffer for 7 years, as he doesn't send his son until after the antichrist's reign.. Seems to me that your god enjoys drama.. he likes to give up control of this planet to the antichrist so that he can stage a dramatic come back victory! You know what? I'm the antichrist.. I didn't want to tell you, but seeing as your so hot on my tail, I'm just going to tell you.. hopefully this puts an end to all your lame antichrist conspiracies.

Given that Josh seems to have abandoned this thread, I'm not sure he'll ever see this one, but...

The (presumed) seven-year reign of the Antichrist is a time of tribulation and destruction. The evidence I've seen in the scriptures indicates that those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ will not be caught up in it the way the rest of the world will. Some people think that all believers will be miraculously protected during that time, others hold that all believers will be removed from the earth before that happens. (This event is the one usually referred to by the term 'Rapture'.) And then there are many people who, like Josh, believe that this is all a bunch of hogwash to begin with.

The basic point I'm trying to make, though, is that those who believe will not need to fear what's going to happen during the time of destruction described. According to the scriptures, it is those who do not believe who are sentenced to the final end listed therein.

This is why believers are called to witness to others, to proclaim what we know. Whether the destructive end be here on earth in the tribulation, or it comes before then and presents itself as eternal suffering in hell and the lake of fire, we are called to warn others of it. We can't make them change, but if we don't even try to warn them, we're guilty of their destruction.

One final analogy. You're walking along, you've got your headphones on and are listening to some music. I look over at you, and I notice something that you can't see, you can't hear, but will kill you. (Truck with failed brakes coming at you from behind, for example.) Which would you prefer that I do? Leave you to suffer, or try to get you out of harm's way?

Think about it.

Geek 8-) commented: yep +3

There is a more or less briliant series of books about the 7 years after the rapture called Left Behind.

There were actually two series that ran parallel to each other one for kids/teenagers that i got most of the way through something like up to 24 books( i think it ended up at about 50) then theres an adult series of about 8 which i have not had a chance to move on to yet.

Basically it offers one interpritation of the events predicted in revalation and well worth a read(or i think there was a free audio version somewhere) if you have the time and want to learn more on the subject or simply want to hear one interpretation of revalation.

commented: Good series. +18
commented: Agreed. +3

>lol nice hbk :P
>I don't work, dang i need money.........

hehe, that's why i have a job and i forgot to look, but seems people have poofed that theory anyway.

I think that might just be the standard of your country as our barcodes here look nothing like what you described.

I am specifically talking about UPC barcodes.

@midimagic
Look more closely at those bars. Three of them always stands out. one at the begining and at the end and one in the middle.

They look similar to those that depict a 'six' but only longer.
Yes the bars represent exactly the numbers shown, yes i know but this three special bars are not numbered for all to see!

An Album cover for a cassette (yes those really old things) for a band called 'Stiff Little Fingers' spelled out there name with barcode.
:) :P

Yes the bars represent exactly the numbers shown, yes i know but this three special bars are not numbered for all to see!

I don't think they actually are a number at all infact i think their actually a point of refference so that the barcode scanner knows that it has the whole thing. Otherwise you would have the problem of the machine scanning half of the barcode and getting Bad ref# in the product database. Thats why when your at the shops you always get a twat serving you who has the barcode sideways and wonders why it won't scan. Also if they actually represented a number say 6 then when they give up and input it manually the machine would come up with a bad Ref# from the database again because they did not enter the "hidden" numbers which would normally get scanned when using the scanner.

the other mistake the poor folk at asda and tescos etc always make, is when they type in the barcode, they forget that the PLU is the whole number including the one before and after the barcode

i.e

5 00034701784 1

they then spend an entire age trying to find it while you rewrite war & peace lol

Dazza

i hate asda. i got rejected from a job interview there lol (ultimate shame, even worse than my rejection from mcdonalds)

i hate asda. i got rejected from a job interview there lol (ultimate shame, even worse than my rejection from mcdonalds)

It was for you own good. Trust me.
What is the asda anyway?.
I know it could not has been:
American Student Dental Association, nor the American Sand Drag Association, nor the American Stamp Dealers Association, neither the American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, because you're not an American ;)

ASDA is the UK equivilent of walmart (its like the cheapest and worst quality supermarket there is)

here its called ALDI

we have ALDI too but theres not many of them, they sell mainly cans of beans etc.... for like 12p lol

lol, Aldi have really been advertising a lot recently. Same with Lidl really, cheap and German :P lol

yeah they moved here about 5 years ago now and opened up a couple of stores i mainly go there for the beans and cheap cans of soft drink.

I am specifically talking about UPC barcodes.

@midimagic
Look more closely at those bars. Three of them always stands out. one at the begining and at the end and one in the middle.

Those are parts of the sync pattern. They perform the same function as the lower case "u" we used to have to type repeatedly to get the autobaud feature to identify the correct baud rate.

And you can't say it looks like a 6, because they purposely made it not match a number. It mnight look like a six shifted one bar left or one bar right. Also remember that the number codes to the right of the center sync area are complemented. So what looks like a 6 on the left dies not look like what looks like a 6 on the right.

I love the funny brand names at Aldi Foods:

Happy Farms (dairy products)
Pleasant Farms (produce)
Mustard Maid (mustard)
Aunt Mabel's (pancake syrup)
Table-Mate (salt)
Happy Harvest (canned vegetables)
Chef's Cupboard (baking supplies)
Fit & Active (rice cakes)
Welby (medicine chest supplies)
B-bar (meat)
Freedom (bouillon)

i love how everything is german labelled. Orangensaft anyone?

mmmm
nothing like a good can of orangensaft at the end of a long hot day...

btw this is my 666th post
yay :P

OMG it is! hehe soon i willl have 6666

Some people might like the equality, but not the sum...

#include <stdio.h>

int sum ( const char *p ) {
    int result = 0;
    while ( *p ) {
        result += ( *p++ - 'A' + 1 ) * 9;
    }
    return result;
}

int main ( void ) {
    int answer;
    if ( (answer=sum("JESUS")) == sum("MESSIAH") ) {
        printf("%d\n",answer);
    }
    return 0;
}
commented: More power pills than pacman. :-) +23

I looked up the barcode thing, there is indeed on every barcode a double line at the start, middle and end.

but double line doesn't equal 6.

I looked up the barcode thing, there is indeed on every barcode a double line at the start, middle and end.

but double line doesn't equal 6.

Aah! Like I said to midimagic, look more closely. Midimagic rightly pointed out that the bars displayed depict the numbers as shown exactly. Take your time because it might get quite being accustomed to. Check for bars that contains normal "sixes" if you check the bars depicting six you will find that they are just like these special ones I pointed to only that they are shorter.

The main characteristic of these bars are that they are drawn with 2 lines of varying thickness. So you'll find a consistent pattern. All sixes (the bars) look alike all the time!

Those are parts of the sync pattern. They perform the same function as the lower case "u" we used to have to type repeatedly to get the autobaud feature to identify the correct baud rate.

And you can't say it looks like a 6, because they purposely made it not match a number. It mnight look like a six shifted one bar left or one bar right. Also remember that the number codes to the right of the center sync area are complemented. So what looks like a 6 on the left dies not look like what looks like a 6 on the right

Bear in mind Midimagic, that things of these nature are bound to have technical explanations! That's why secular man is still trying to explain away how he 'suddenly' found himself inhabiting this planet called earth!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.