Rose Red by Stephen King was really good.It got turned into a short two part movie series a couple of years ago.

No, I've not read that one yet. I've read 'Angels and Demons', 'Da Vinci Code', and 'Digital Fortress'. I'll probably pick up Deceptoin Point sometime from the used bookstore.

I've also read nearly all of Dean Koontz's, Stephen King's, Clive Barker's, and Robin Cook's novels.

i love clive barker's Sacrament and stephen king's The Green Mile

I found `Da Vinci Code' OK but overrated in my opinion. And `Angels and Demons' which is chronologically before `Da Vinci Cod' too forced.
Deception Point is different and intriguing until the end.

i loved 'angels and demons' more. and i think it would make a great movie also..

Anyone read those books by Jeremy Clarkson?
"The world according to Clarkson vol 1 & 2"
"Clarkson on Cars" etc.
I think they are rather funny, even though i find him a complete ar** :P

I thought Angels and Demons was great. It would have made a lot less boring movie than the da vinci code.

>I thought Angels and Demons was great.
And it was. At least until the whole death scape of the professor.
I don't want to spoil anything for others. ;)

It was interesting enough. I knew there'd be a twist like in the Da Vinci code and I thought I had it figured out but it caught me off guard again.

So you have read `The Dark Tower' serie by Stephen King?. What do you think of them?. Where you happy with the ending?.

Yes, I enjoyed the series. The end was not exactly what I was expecting though. I'll leave it at that in case others here are reading it or are going to :)

Yes, I enjoyed the series. The end was not exactly what I was expecting though. I'll leave it at that in case others here are reading it or are going to :)

I know what you mean concerning `the ending'. It kept me thinking about it for a whole week. After seven books..., I swear Stephen King doesn't get pay by the book. He does by `pounds'. After those huge books, where you get to understand the characters and `feel' for them.... And what does Mr. King do at the end?. Well, I am not going to tell.
You'll have to read them too, and walk the walk, if you want to know the end.

Yes, King can certainly crank out the pages. :)
The Stand and It both came in over 1100.

Yes, King can certainly crank out the pages. :)
The Stand and It both came in over 1100.

Yeah, I forgot The Stand. Read the new edition that has like 300 pages more, previously taken in the past for length reasons.
Great book though.
`It' is in my list to read. I got it, not long ago. First I still have a couple of
Dean Koontz's books to finish.

commented: interesting way to Giving Rep you have there :P +3
commented: Good taste in books :) +2

IT is a really good book although like most of the books like that has a rather disappointing climax... Still good while i lasts.

Dreamcatcher i found especially weird as well...

The thing that i love about kings work is the fact that once you have read the Dark tower all of his seemingly seperate books all start to run together. At the very least the ones from the middle of his career.

IT is a really good book although like most of the books like that has a rather disappointing climax... Still good while i lasts.

Yes, I really didn't want to say, but I believe Stephen King doesn't know
how to end a book. At least that has been my impression of the titles I
have read.

The thing that i love about kings work is the fact that once you have read the Dark tower all of his seemingly seperate books all start to run together. At the very least the ones from the middle of his career.

Agree. Even The Stand, and many others are just an extended part of The Dark Tower serie. The Man In The Black Suit, Insomnia, and others use many of same caracters presented in the seven book serie.

Yes, I really didn't want to say, but I believe Stephen King doesn't know
how to end a book. At least that has been my impression of the titles I
have read.

He has gotten better the main reason he did not know how to end his books was because he was constantly off his face either drunk or as he has put it himself "done so much coke his nose bleeds over the pages".

Agree. Even The Stand, and many others are just an extended part of The Dark Tower serie. The Man In The Black Suit, Insomnia, and others use many of same caracters presented in the seven book serie.

I towards the end of the dark tower he even wrote into the story why all or most his books were like this. He also tried linking in books that he had written even before the dark tower like in the case of John Callahan from Salems Lot.

The List of links goes on and im not about to go through them all but i think what Stephen king has done is unique and incredible and this is what in my opinion makes him one of the greatest writers of our day even if his stories are not always the greatest.

I enjoyed Salem's Lot very much. I remember thinking: "That's how vampires are suppose to be". This thought came after having read the first three books of Anne Rice: Interview With The Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, and Queen of the Damned. Salem's Lot reminded me of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
However I must say Lestat is interesting.

I love Anne Rice perhaps that why i never really enjoyed dracula or salems lot to the same extent. Although Salems lot and Dracula are good i still prefer the way Rice paints her vampires. She almost makes you forget the fact that their killing people at all. Must say though that Queen of the damed was not all that great compared to her other books though.

I didn't care for Rice's romanticized version of the vampire. I didn't even bother finishing Interview With A Vampire, it just didn't appeal to me. I think Salem's Lot was the best vampire book I've read.

It is definitely a great book. While Koontz is enjoyable to read, I'd push It up the list before Koontz any day :)

I didn't care for Rice's romanticized version of the vampire. I didn't even bother finishing Interview With A Vampire, it just didn't appeal to me. I think Salem's Lot was the best vampire book I've read.

Ineresting. I just watched the Smallville episode in which Lana became a vampire....

commented: Happy Independence Day! :) +15

Brian Lumley's Necroscope is another good vampire series.

I didn't care for Rice's romanticized version of the vampire. I didn't even bother finishing Interview With A Vampire, it just didn't appeal to me.

Aw come on.They were a good series.The movie was pretty good too.

I found myself questioning the explicit homosexual prose in The Vampire Armand. It was definitely a turn off for me.

It is definitely a great book. While Koontz is enjoyable to read, I'd push It up the list before Koontz any day :)

Nothing I have written in stone. I might take your suggestion.

Aw come on.They were a good series.The movie was pretty good too.

I'm not saying they are bad per se, just that I didn't care for her characterization of the vampire. Many people really enjoy that portrayal and love her books. Just not me!

Nothing I have written in stone. I might take your suggestion.

Meh, read whichever you wish first, just don't skip It. :)
Koontz is good and usually his books are a very quick read. He doesn't crank out those 500+ page monsters that King does.

I found myself questioning the explicit homosexual prose in The Vampire Armand. It was definitely a turn off for me.

The books you read usually turn you on? Creepy. But yes it does kind of get a bit irritating after a while with the whole man love thing but then i suppose their vampires and sexual attraction is different for them...

>The books you read usually turn you on?
Hold your horses, little robot. I wasn't taking about that.

>Creepy.
There's a huge market dedicatated to publications of that nature. You only need to have eyes to notice it.

No need to do a follow up comment about this.

>yes it does kind of get a bit irritating after a while with the whole man love thing

That's what I ment.

Still though if you look past the slight homosexual nature of most of those books then they are quite a good read with a rather decent amount of history in them.

Started a really good book about 3 days ago that im almost through now called Necroscope.
Still has a bit of vampirism in it and what it has is sort of related to dracula but talks more about the "truth" behind the myth.

I have a habit of not reading blurbs on books before i buy them so when i got this one homw and read the blur i though it would be the standard trash horror. Now that i have started i must say that it is a really good book and well worth going out an buying.

Have you heard of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova?.

nope

I think you would enjoy it. It's about a historian searching for a vampire.

Sounds good ill keep an eye out for it..

Still though if you look past the slight homosexual nature of most of those books then they are quite a good read with a rather decent amount of history in them.

Started a really good book about 3 days ago that im almost through now called Necroscope.
Still has a bit of vampirism in it and what it has is sort of related to dracula but talks more about the "truth" behind the myth.

I have a habit of not reading blurbs on books before i buy them so when i got this one homw and read the blur i though it would be the standard trash horror. Now that i have started i must say that it is a really good book and well worth going out an buying.

Yes, I mentioned the Necroscope series a few posts up in the thread. It's a good series :) His Psychomech series is decent as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.