V - Verify your statements
W - Wean them from bad company
X - Expect them to obey
Y - Yearn for God's best for them
Z - Zealously guide them in biblical truth

-- Author Unknown

Recommended Answers

All 165 Replies

I'm shocked The Dude. I think this is your first post that isn't just regurgitating other people's efforts with a link. It's a cut and paste job, but that's a step in the right direction. Maybe one day you'll have a thought of your own.

>A - Always trust them to God's care
>B - Bring them to church
>E - Exalt the Lord in their presence
>P - Pray for them by name
>Q - Quicken your interest in their spirituality
>S - Show them the way of salvation
>Y - Yearn for God's best for them
>Z - Zealously guide them in biblical truth
I'm seeing a lot of bible beater repetition here.

>X - Expect them to obey
Bad advice. Expect your children to obey and they'll rebel. Earn their trust and they'll listen to you.

What happended to
1. Test that you are not reproductively challanged
2. If 1 is false, say bye bye to your fatherhood dream
3. Get a Girlfriend
4. Test that she is not reproductively challanged
5. Repeat 3 and 4 until 4 is true
6. Get Married (I am a conservative)
7. Do it without protection until the wife gets pregnant
and those stuff?

Must be difficult to fit it into the alphabet I guess.

commented: This is for reading Siddhartha :) +11

I'm shocked The Dude. I think this is your first post that isn't just regurgitating other people's efforts with a link. It's a cut and paste job, but that's a step in the right direction. Maybe one day you'll have a thought of your own.

haha...

Yea, whats up with that? All 8 of these are dumb things to do as a father..

>X - Expect them to obey
Bad advice. Expect your children to obey and they'll rebel. Earn their trust and they'll listen to you.

Naw, u just gotta beat them until they obey ;)

What happended to
1. Test that you are not reproductively challanged
2. If 1 is false, say bye bye to your fatherhood dream
3. Get a Girlfriend
4. Test that she is not reproductively challanged
5. Repeat 3 and 4 until 4 is true
6. Get Married (I am a conservative)
7. Do it without protection until the wife gets pregnant
and those stuff?

Must be difficult to fit it into the alphabet I guess.

hahaha.. I guess that would be hard to put into the alphabet.. but it would be easy to write code :D

>>X - Expect them to obey

I think that those who take issue with this one confuse the point being made.

Consider school. No obedience in any of the kids makes for a crappy education. And I don't think that it's just handed out on the first day of Kindergarten and then they're good to go.

Or other matters such as "Don't steal" or "Don't smoke". "Expect" obedience, as in "this is the preferred outcome or choice".

I think the intent of this one relates to teaching trust and respect.

...And what's wrong with that?

commented: If im a hypocrite you certainly are a b****. it was between me and josh. I never asked you damn opinions.So keep your trap shut once in a while +0
commented: Equalizer. +5
commented: Arjunsasidharan is an asshole +11

Narue was trying to explain her hate of christians.. lol jp

>...And what's wrong with that?
Oddly enough, your question drives home the very point that I was making. But to avoid damaging your feelings, I'll let you pretend that I was talking about repetition in general and added "bible beater" to be funny. That's partially true.

>Narue was trying to explain her hate of christians.. lol jp
I have nothing against Christians. They're very pleasant people to be around when they keep their mouths shut.

:D

Ah, Narue and her straightforward-ness

>>Narue was trying to explain her hate of christians.. lol jp
I have nothing against Christians. They're very pleasant people to be around when they keep their mouths shut.

Very aptly stated.

>...And what's wrong with that?
Oddly enough, your question drives home the very point that I was making. But to avoid damaging your feelings, I'll let you pretend that I was talking about repetition in general and added "bible beater" to be funny. That's partially true.

I bet you put a lot of thought into your comments before you post. I'll let you keep pretending that you exceed at hurting my feelings.

>I bet you put a lot of thought into your comments before you post.
As a matter of fact, I do. Not that you would understand, of course.

>I'll let you keep pretending that you exceed at hurting my feelings.
Hmm, either you have a curious concept of conjugation, or you picked the wrong word.

>I bet you put a lot of thought into your comments before you post.
As a matter of fact, I do. Not that you would understand, of course.

Yeah, I usually have better things to do besides trying to make myself look superior on the internet. Thanks for the compliment.

>I'll let you keep pretending that you exceed at hurting my feelings.
Hmm, either you have a curious concept of conjugation, or you picked the wrong word.

Or maybe you just don't comprehend.

commented: I don't think your posts are inane. +10
commented: Hah.. Its okay, I'm always afraid I'll hit the wrong button too ;) +11

>Yeah, I usually have better things to do besides trying to make myself look superior on the internet.
Like playing the posting games? At least I spend the majority of my time answering questions on the technical forums rather than making tons of inane posts in the Geek's Lounge. If I happen to look superior it's because I usually am.

>Or maybe you just don't comprehend.
No, I'm reasonably sure I know the definition and proper use of exceed. And I'm equally sure that you used it incorrectly.

Depends, Narue. You sure you're not trying to go beyond hurting her feelings?

>Depends, Narue. You sure you're not trying to go beyond hurting her feelings?
I don't understand what you mean.

>Like playing the posting games? At least I spend the majority of my time answering questions on the technical forums rather than making tons of inane posts in the Geek's Lounge. If I happen to look superior it's because I usually am.

I agree. Why do you even post on daniweb If all you do is play posting games? It really doesn't seem to make sense to me... (granted most of my posts are in the geek lounge put I also post in the c++ forum and linux forums)

Aww, thats kinda mean.. Many Geek's lounge threads involve a wide variety of topics which are very interesting, and sometimes fun to debate (until a bunch of idiots start blaberring away, and think they're right, when actually they're completely wrong..)

Anyway, most of the time I'd rather post in the Geek's lounge myself than troubleshoot idiotic people's problems in the Tech forums..

commented: Then why the hell are you here? This is an idiotic tech forum. Go and sit at MySpace or somewhere else. +0
commented: Equalizer. Arjunsasidharan is a hypocrite. -3

yeah im talking about posting games.. sorry for the confusion.

yeah lets ban the people who just like to hang out with us! :rolleyes:

Aww, thats kinda mean.. Many Geek's lounge threads involve a wide variety of topics which are very interesting, and sometimes fun to debate (until a bunch of idiots start blaberring away, and think they're right, when actually they're completely wrong..)

Anyway, most of the time I'd rather post in the Geek's lounge myself than troubleshoot idiotic people's problems in the Tech forums..

I'm personally here to at least attempt to learn a few tricks on the coding side; as I learn new languages, I try to find things out about them, or I ask questions. Eventually, I'll know enough I might be able to help someone else out. And until then, I'll be sticking my big nose in threads around the Lounge as well.

And Josh, from what I've seen, it's not a debate without someone starts 'blabbering away', as you put it, because you seem to imply that about everyone who takes any position that doesn't match up to your own currently held one on the topic. If I am incorrect, please point me to examples thereof.

>yeah lets ban the people who just like to hang out with us! :rolleyes:

did I say anything about banning? No, I just said I think people should contribute and not waste all their time in the geek lounge. If all you do on daniweb is waste time in the geek lounge, you're hardly a geek.

yeah! so if you can't contribute then don't hang out with us! :rolleyes:

>yeah! so if you can't contribute then don't hang out with us! :rolleyes:

If you don't program, use linux, etc than you really shouldn't be here.

And Josh, from what I've seen, it's not a debate without someone starts 'blabbering away', as you put it, because you seem to imply that about everyone who takes any position that doesn't match up to your own currently held one on the topic. If I am incorrect, please point me to examples thereof.

Hey, I have no problem with people's opinions.. I have many different opinions than most people here.. It just gets annoying when some people are so unyielding to other possibilities.. and I absolutely despise when people are just so sure of themselves, when in actuality they are completely wrong.. almost all conspiracy theories people come up with are retarded too..

If you don't program, use linux, etc than you really shouldn't be here.

I wonder if Dani would agree...

It's fine.. there's nothing wrong with people just hanging out here.. It's fun.. Hell, most of my posts are from the Geek's lounge.. Yours too, Sturm ;)

As for the posting games.. well, they're just a fun way to raise someone's post count I guess.. They aren't that fun, really.. I only play 5 of the good ones..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.