Have heard the theory of a darwinian universe? A bunch of crap if you ask me. But it basically says that every black hole creates another universe that has "more" perfect laws of physics. Completely ridiculous.

Hmm.. no, I never heard of that.. I wonder what evidence influenced someone to come up with that theory :-/

All of you are postulating without evidence or understanding.

... I do not believe there are multiple universes or infinite regression.. Nothing is truly infinite :)

"Believe"? What does that have to do with reality, religious man?

existed

Neither you nor anybody understands what it means for something to exist.

All of you are postulating without evidence or understanding.

"Believe"? What does that have to do with reality, religious man?

Umm, yea.. Obviously we don't know much about it other than the basics.. and by 'believe' I most nearly mean what I believe to be factual. Perhaps "think" would have been a better word there.

Sorry but I will have to disagree with you. I have never been beaten and I really don't consider myself spoiled, stupid, and rotten. (In fact, I consider myself quite the opposite) Beating the child may (in fact it might have just the opposite effect) improve discipline but it will definetely not improve respect or appreciation for the parents. Instead of beating your children (which I consider highly unintelligent and hallmarks of a uneducated parent), wouldn't it be better to explain to the child what they did wrong, why it was wrong, and leave the question on whether it was wrong debatably? Respect and appreciation cannot be bought or demanded, it must be earned. For one day, they will decide what nursing home you will be sent to.

Sorry to let you know, but this is not an all Strum land. Not everyone is the same, has the same thought process, has the same way of looking at things etc. Expecting everyone _would_ follow your suite isn't realistic.

Just because you were nice and listened to gentle talking doesn't mean that everyone would. Assuming it would be foolishness.

Just because you love Linux doesn't mean everyone would, just because you like C++ programming doesn't mean that everyone would, just because you don't know how to deploy a EJB doesn't mean that no one would. Accepting that everyone is a snowflake and so has to be handled differently.

Magic numbers in code aren't cool and I still play with square marbles....

Sorry to let you know, but this is not an all Strum land. Not everyone is the same, has the same thought process, has the same way of looking at things etc. Expecting everyone _would_ follow your suite isn't realistic.

Just because you were nice and listened to gentle talking doesn't mean that everyone would. Assuming it would be foolishness.

Just because you love Linux doesn't mean everyone would, just because you like C++ programming doesn't mean that everyone would, just because you don't know how to deploy a EJB doesn't mean that no one would. Accepting that everyone is a snowflake and so has to be handled differently.

Magic numbers in code aren't cool and I still play with square marbles....

I am the sum of my genetics and influence from the society or community around me. One of those factors obviously is very hard to change, genetics. But do you think I am genetically superior to most people? Do you think that I like c++ or linux because of my genetics? Intelligence is 50% hereditary and 50% the society, community, and environment you grew up in. And I think everyone would agree that personality is directly related with your intelligence and community. (e.g on average older siblings are more intelligent than younger ones. The reason being is that older siblings recieved more undivided attention. Only children on average are smarter than children who have brothers or sisters. (I guess thats why I am soo smart ;-p)) Therefore by promoting listening, respect, curiosity, questioning, and so on, it is likely that the child will become a drastically different person than the same child who was beaten, abused, malnurished, etc. So by doing this we can almost create a copy of any person in the world, Including me. Unless of course they were a genius by design (genetics), and not by community.

> beaten, abused, malnurished
Spanking is overrated. You are using big words for something as trivial as getting things right. Like I previously said, its not just the community or the intelligence. Why do you think you find many rich suckers vandalizing things, becoming punks etc? Were they hammered into being demented or were they made to live in the company of vandals?

Like I previously said, many kids are born that way, and if not put on a straight road, would just end up going the wrong way.

> So by doing this we can almost create a copy of any person in the world, Including me.
Even the word _almost_ couldn't salvage your thoughts from being funny.

Maybe you might be smart, handsome, intelligent etc. But you still have to grow up. A lot changes with age, you will realize that in the coming years...

Very interesting topic and not an easy one...as there are easy ..:-p)

We have to be very careful with the child and precise .
I think we have to ''manipulate'' it / in the good way / leading it to the steep road of it evolution and at the same time leaving it with his personal ''freedom'' inside .

What I am talking about ..... ;-)

Edit : uuuf how to say that I am finding 'suddenly' so almost imperfect and this gives me good kick in the...

commented: ???? -4
commented: Equalizer +10
commented: The joy of parenting +5

hmm.. okay:?:

If only that made sense..

Yeah I didn't understand it either.

Ha-ha

That's make it easy...till later ;-)

Edit : ok - that is making it easy for you... till you get to the moment you encounter this kind of problem .
Now...put your pinky glasses . :-p)

commented: This is for not making sense twice in a row.. -2
commented: I hope you would type properly from now on. :-) +23

Hmm.. buddy, perhaps you should take an English class?

commented: I have no clue. ;-) +18
commented: Hmm.. buddy maybe you should take some sensitivity training. -1
commented: I think that you deserve this one -1

Perhaps you should have some other lessons ...
And you are not my ' buddy '

commented: ... +6

Just try to type more clearly.
We can't understand you.

commented: Is he really trying to say something in English? lmao +12

Its OK, I guess he is non-English and has not much experience. In such cases, we make exceptions and try to make things easier for him. Imagine how would he have felt after seeing three people spank him and one giving him a negative rep.
:-(

My bad.. I just think that it's necessary to have at least adequate English skills before posting here.. Who can understand complete gibberish?

Bav, maybe try using a different translator ;)

Thats an idea!

His posts made perfect sense to me.

commented: Yes. Makes sense for me too. +10

It made sense to me too.
The important thing to remember is that we, people that don't know how to write proper English, are striving to communicate; our main concern in our brains when we write is to try to reach out and communicate. And for that I am greatful. We know that we will never be as good as with our own language, but we want to keep trying even to the risk of ridicule.

Even many native-born English speakers have problems with the written language. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for others to attempt to communicate in some other language.

commented: A little tolerance from others makes so much easier. Thank you. +5

I only got a B for English language at GCSE! :P
I can't spell.....
Yet i can spell German words perfectly!? weird....

His posts made perfect sense to me.

It made sense to me too.

Really? I honestly didn't know what he was talking about.

Either did I..

Really? I honestly didn't know what he was talking about.

Either did I..

The guy said that it was a very interesting topic, but not as easier as others.
Basically, that is his/her opinion that we need to be careful in how we educate our children. Kind of guiding our children in a good path since we know better, but allowing them to make some of their own decisions so they use their free agency and grow.
He/she is finding out that she/he is not perfect on it.

However I think it would have been much simpler to ask him/her back what you didn't understand first, ( if you were that interested in the posted comment ), instead of handling down some quick and cheap bad rep.

Hey, I asked what the heck he was talking about.. only to see him post something else that was gibberish..

However I think it would have been much simpler to ask him/her back what you didn't understand first, ( if you were that interested in the posted comment ), instead of handling down some quick and cheap bad rep.

Hey, I asked what the heck he was talking about.. only to see him post something else that was gibberish..

Exactly.
We both asked him what he was trying to say before we gave him bad rep.

I don't see your question anywhere. This is your followed post:

Hmm.. buddy, perhaps you should take an English class?

By the way very typical of you. May be my browser is not showing me
your question.

Exactly.
We both asked him what he was trying to say before we gave him bad rep.

Was this your question?

What?

Was this your question?

Yes.

hmm.. okay:?:

If only that made sense..

Here is my initial response.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.