>Yes.
Sorry Christina, but I don't see that " what?" is going to get you the kind of
communication response I was refering to. In fact it didn't.
This is just a thought.
By the way, that's the reason the guy answer the way he/she answer. Trying to defend him/herself:
Using other words: "If you do not understand me that makes it easy until later when you are parents and you encounter the same challengers",

.. If only he had said it like that.. but he didn't. You guys can decipher his meaning better than us b/c it isn't your native language, and you have probably been in his situation be4. We, on the other hand, have not.

It just takes a careful second glance. And English is the only language I know, besides some pidgin French.

Is it just me, or did it seem like the 'MySpace crowd' (excuse the stereotype if you will) just negative-repped a guy because they "couldn't understand him"? Oh, the irony!

>If only he had said it like that
And if he didn't, what do you do? Of course, negative-repping someone is always the perfect solution, isn't it? Obviously he was trying -- but there were a few mistakes. Couldn't you perhaps put 2 and 2 together and figure out that he maybe wasn't a native-born English speaker?

Is it just me, or did it seem like the 'MySpace crowd' (excuse the stereotype if you will) just negative-repped a guy because they "couldn't understand him"? Oh, the irony!

haha.. maybe a little bit..

And if he didn't, what do you do? Of course, negative-repping someone is always the perfect solution, isn't it? Obviously he was trying -- but there were a few mistakes. Couldn't you perhaps put 2 and 2 together and figure out that he maybe wasn't a native-born English speaker?

Well, what was I supposed to do? It was quite obvious that he wasn't a native English speaker.. So I -reped him, hoping it would motivate him to learn English or at least try to write it better.. Besides, his posts made no sense, and were rather annoying..

It just takes a careful second glance. And English is the only language I know, besides some pidgin French.

You-y speak-y French-y?

Well, what was I supposed to do? It was quite obvious that he wasn't a native English speaker.. So I -reped him, hoping it would motivate him to learn English or at least try to write it better.. Besides, his posts made no sense, and were rather annoying..

But this is the Geek's Lounge; everything is relaxed... So it doesn't matter!

Or at least that's what you seemed to be saying in another thread not too long ago.

True. So why are you making such a big deal about it?

>So why are you making such a big deal about it?
Because you were making such a big deal about it.

>Yes.
Sorry Christina, but I don't see that " what?" is going to get you the kind of
communication response I was refering to. In fact it didn't.

Well maybe you didn't take a glance at the other post I made.
And I thought that saying 'what?' would show him that I clearly didn't understand. That's all. I'm not going to waste my time writing a paragraph about why I didn't comprehend which would only confuse him more, instead I posted a straightforward question.

I can guarantee that you have never misunderstood my posts. Typing like 7h1$ was "in" when I was 12. Not now. (For me, at least.)

>So why are you making such a big deal about it?
Because you were making such a big deal about it.

No, I just told the guy I couldn't understand him, bad reped him, and went on. It was you who stopped us, and made a big deal out of it.

You-y speak-y French-y?

Oui, oui.

No, I just told the guy I couldn't understand him, bad reped him, and went on. It was you who stopped us, and made a big deal out of it.

Actually, it wasn't me.

I can guarantee that you have never misunderstood my posts. Typing like 7h1$ was "in" when I was 12. Not now. (For me, at least.)

Reminds me of a funny TV advertisement for some cell phone where the mother is angry at her (possibly 12 year-old) daughter for text messaging. All the girl could talk about was in myspace-style abbreviations (leet I think) and mother couldn't understand a word she said.

Boy this thread is hoppin'!

:)

commented: heheh ;) +18

Reminds me of a funny TV advertisement for some cell phone where the mother is angry at her (possibly 12 year-old) daughter for text messaging. All the girl could talk about was in myspace-style abbreviations (leet I think) and mother couldn't understand a word she said.

haha.. I love that commercial ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.