okay. sorry about the whole invalid game thing.

if that's about our match, nah... no big deal... we have to play again... so?

if it's not, i don't know what the heck you're talking about... :P

Lol, yeah that's what I was talking about.

nah... rules are rules... s*** happens...

me playing jocamps now... any witnesses?

Hey buddy, i didnt realizre i could go online today. are you able to play now?

>for the rest of the members, my apology for the trouble in our match i think the suggestion of emailing the games' moves is a fairly good idea so one can review the games if something went wrong or learn from it.

@quintocoert
thanks for the compliment. you still owe me a match though. lol. i'll PM you when im not busy and able to play (in the right conditions. lol) really was challenge to play with you.

yeah... i'm @ social -> social lounge 3

Anybody interested to watch a match?
nichito v jocamps

nichito im waiting for you in social lounge 3

i lost against jocamps... it was an amazing match... nice played dude...

Good job jocamps. Didn't jbennet and serusun play their game in real life today?

ohh... right... maybe later we'll get the results...

We should start a losers' pen, where all the two time losers just play each other for fun.

we have set a date for tommorow to play our game

Just saw this thread, is it done? going on? can I join.. ?

i guess you can't join now . Its still goin on. Whose the winner? Are you guys planning to start another tournament?

>@quintocoert
>thanks for the compliment. you still owe me a match though. lol. i'll PM you when im not busy and able to play (in the >right conditions. lol) really was challenge to play with you.

i can play you any weekday from 4:00 GMT to 5:00 GMT. But say when you want to play. I normally start work 6:00 GMT.

However we shall probably meet in this tournament soon again. I fully expect you to win all of your games (sorry to the rest of the guys. i dont mean to insult you or anything) and since I lost to narue you will finally face me in the final game of the loser bracket. The winner gets to face her.

And practice. I was not exaggerating when I portrayed how good she is. I am not sure but i think that australia is at least thirteen hours behind her time. if that is so then 18:00 her time is 7:00 yours. i would suggest you ask her for a game if you lose to me again and dont get to play her yourself. (narue i hope you dont think that this is too presumptuous of me.)

Just saw this thread, is it done? going on? can I join.. ?

i guess you can't join now . Its still goin on. Whose the winner? Are you guys planning to start another tournament?

Sorry, we are still playing.. It is almost over thought, and perhaps we shall create a new tournament.. or have a continuous ladder of play as someone previously suggested.

You guys can find the bracket here:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=231026

Would be nice if you can announce the next tourney in this thread (i've subscribed to it :))..
No games are posted @bracketmaker.com.. are they published anywhere.. ?
For less than 32 players it should be easy enough to do a swiss-league instead of knockout.. there are lotsa free tools available for that..

Sure thing

are we and bennet holding things up?
cause if so, send all blame to bennet!
it is all his fault because he don't go on msn (too busy linuxing) so he never plays me :(
if we DID play i could probs beat him :P

Yeah, sorry. You guys are too late, but there is going to be another one and I'll post the dates for it in this thread. I still like the double elimination method. Each person only plays a few games and it takes long enough but if everybody had to play eight games or more, it would just take too long. It's about one game per week or a little less, so I'm worried that kind of tournament would never end and people would become uninterested with it.

Hmm.. What about Narue's idea? Where like games are constantly scheduled, and our rankings are always updated based on our record and who we beat. A forever chess ladder. And perhaps every once in a while hold a tournament or something.. How does that sound?

>so I'm worried that kind of tournament would never
>end and people would become uninterested with it.
That's where a ladder would be ideal. Not only could people enter at any time, there are no structured games so you don't have to wait any longer than it takes to schedule a game with someone. On top of that, we can solicit Dani's help to offer some kind of award for players with certain stats (most games won, most material taken, least material lost, longest time at the top, etc..) to maintain interest. Something like a special tag in your profile like featured members or supporters.

That would be cool Narue! ~ although i doubt i will get those titles... :( :P

> although i doubt i will get those titles
That is the exact intent behind proposing this idea. Narue would be the one gobbling up all silver medals and you all folks would be left behind sucking thumbs. Sheesh, Narue really is a scheming kind. ;-)

>although i doubt i will get those titles...
Naturally we should design the awards or the awarding system so that one person can't horde them all. For example, there could be a masochist award for the person with the worst win/loss ratio. ;) Or on a more serious note, a most improved player over the course of N games.

i think (if dani agrees)

champion 07 (or whatever for the tournament)
grand master (person with best overall ladder position that month)
Most imoproved (biggest turnaround since last month)

>so I'm worried that kind of tournament would never
>end and people would become uninterested with it.
That's where a ladder would be ideal. Not only could people enter at any time, there are no structured games so you don't have to wait any longer than it takes to schedule a game with someone. On top of that, we can solicit Dani's help to offer some kind of award for players with certain stats (most games won, most material taken, least material lost, longest time at the top, etc..) to maintain interest. Something like a special tag in your profile like featured members or supporters.

haha I was actually thinking the very same thing! ;)

Whoever is top of the ladder will get the award "Daniweb Chess Master" or something.. MIP award, MVP, etc.. Whoever wins the most games in a row.. I was actually thinking that we could all pitch in and help program a ladder system ourselves.. Perhaps brainstorm and create an app that displays rankings, titles, and future games to be played or something :)

i wanna plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.