Hmm, I sense foul play. ;)

hmmm... what should we do then?

i just beat jocamps...

man, i'm going through a winning strike... i'm coming for u josh!!! (or serunson or rashakil, if josh can't make it...)

no you didnt beat me! i was disconnected. my last move was Qf3.

darn... we can't pickup were we left anymore...

btw... when i posted that i didn't know... i thought it was an intentional move...

Well it depends. If you never mated him then the game must be played again by the rules that were set. Anybody watch that game? Explain to me what happened. Nichito and Jocamps can explain their arguments too.

Did you know who was watching on that game? i knew there was one. and when i was disconnected for sure he made the last move which was QxBf5 and that was horrible!
Can we have a replay?

well... i had his king cornered along with his tower... i could rearrange the pieces but just in that corner... then he made what i interpreted as a stupid move (which apparently wasn't) and i mated him...

there's no problem by me... but... who was the other one in that match?

You can go by score... The one with the highest score by taken material wins. Not a pleasant solution, but it does keep things where you left off rather than after Jocamps was disconnected since you know the move where it happened.

I'm a little skeptical if a queen moved in a way that wasn't intentional and it ended in checkmate (if it did) and the loser claims to have been disconnected. I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations but if that is the case then you can see why I am a bit skeptical. If you two both agree to play a new game then this one won't count at all. It's up to Nichito. But the game must start new, not where it was left off. If Nichito doesn't want to start a new game then we can settle some other resolution that is fair for all players.

Well it depends. If you never mated him then the game must be played again by the rules that were set. Anybody watch that game? Explain to me what happened. Nichito and Jocamps can explain their arguments too.

Someone was watching it. and in yahoo when the player is disconnected the ones watching usually get to play the game and he made the wrong move. which was to take the bishop instead of doing a defence on my King.

By the way nichito i still remember the game and the positions of the pieces.

If someone else was watching they could have taken jocamp's place and made the move. Does anybody know who it was or the screen name? Maybe it was somebody that wasn't from Daniweb.

Well, having said that I am a lot less skeptical of cheating now. Are you both willing to play a new game?

that leaves me in an uncomfortable situation...

I don't know, it seemed all natural to me. But then again if Jocamps says the game got disconnected, then such must have been the case though I fail to imagine how an automatic(awful) move must have been made.

Okay. How about this. Does anyone have the list of moves from the game? Without that there's really no way we can even continue the game.

ohhh... crap... alright, let's start a new one...

unless jocamps let his window open, since there should be the moves stored...

I don't know, it seemed all natural to me. But then again if Jocamps says the game got disconnected, then such must have been the case though I fail to imagine how an automatic(awful) move must have been made.

It makes sense to do after a stupid move, but he says there was a watcher and that person took his place and made the move.

these are the times when i hate internet...

If Jocamps left the game and someone else took his place, wouldn't Nichito be informed of that?

I don't think so, I was the watcher.

Oh, was it you and only you? Then I truly fail to see how a queen can move on its own. How did that happen?

If Jocamps left the game and someone else took his place, wouldn't Nichito be informed of that?

it would be logical that i was notified that someone took his place...

if you were the watcher, then... did you do the move?

I'm a little skeptical if a queen moved in a way that wasn't intentional and it ended in checkmate (if it did) and the loser claims to have been disconnected. I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations but if that is the case then you can see why I am a bit skeptical. If you two both agree to play a new game then this one won't count at all. It's up to Nichito. But the game must start new, not where it was left off. If Nichito doesn't want to start a new game then we can settle some other resolution that is fair for all players.

its hard to explain here without visual picture of the game . anyway ill try my best to explain the whole thing.
The situation was, my last move before i was disconnected, i put my queen on a defence on my king side but threatening a bishop which was unsupported so as if nichito would take the wrong move i could take his bishop but then nichito made a wise move on putting his castle beside my king (Rc7) and i know his plan , the next move would be Qd7++ (checkmate) and the next thing i know is, i cant click onto my pieces anymore. my move should have Rd1 for a defence to Qd7++(but i cant make it coz i was disconnected) and i saw my queen move to take nichito's bishop (QxBf3)

i swear i did not made that move. take my word

Okay, one last question. Nichito can you verify that the placements and positioning that jocamps says is true?

actually, that's the exact plot...

I was watching the game and no, I didn't move it. Though I think if Jocamps says he didn't make the move, he must be telling the truth, in which case, I am at a complete loss on how something can happen on its own.

Come to think of it, would a really famous site like Yahoo! which hosts chess game be so buggy to allow someone to carry on with other's game without even asking for a confirmation? Or should it really allow a watcher to play the game since I distinctly remember pressing the watch link.

what's your name in yahoo?
did you take the move?

> what's your name in yahoo?
> did you take the move?
The same name you saw there. Just to not leave you in hesitation, I did pass a comment about the bishop. And no, I didn't make a move.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.