> It's not often that I get to play with someone as uptight as christina.
Shoo, go away and mess with Betov and his henchmen. :-)

Let me summarize the situation here: You're all idiots. Get over yourselves.

commented: B*tch? Thanks for the good laugh! -4
commented: I am quite sure she pressed the wrong bottom. After all she said Thanks. +6

>And I like to prove her wrong.
A lot of people like to prove me wrong. Why? Because it happens so very rarely. And you're not among those who are capable of doing it.

Keep thinking that.

commented: I LOVE the smell of regular expressions in the morning. +8
commented: Rash= queer +16

Damn, someone bad rep Rash for me as I have to spread some around first..

[edit]Christina, you might want to go back and look at Narue's post that you gave bad rep..

commented: Good idea. +8

> Damn, someone bad rep Rash for me as I have to spread some around first..
I have given him enough good points to last for 2-3 rounds... ;-)

commented: Damn your rep power. I would bad rep you, but I'm afraid of the consequences :) +16

[edit]Christina, you might want to go back and look at Narue's post that you gave bad rep..

Too late.
But why.

b/c he called you a bi***

Wow i nearly have as much posts as S.O.S!

commented: This will help you catching up with his rep +6

http://www.lcolby.com/index.html

Who is this -- Lauren A. Colby?

Is he a doctor or just some kind of philosopher?

[Edit:] His words seem to be more opinionated than factual.
I'd like to see a website that isn't bias on this subject.

Who is this -- Lauren A. Colby?

Is he a doctor or just some kind of philosopher?

I believe he offers this in his bio.

[Edit:] His words seem to be more opinionated than factual.
I'd like to see a website that isn't bias on this subject.

Me too. Them damn "medical facts" sites are beginning to annoy me.

I believe he offers this in his bio.

Must have missed that. Oh wait, I stopped after I read "The original Surgeon General's Report, released in 1964, showed no ill effects from pipe smoking, or moderate cigar smoking."

Me too. Them damn "medical facts" sites are beginning to annoy me.

Why do they annoy you? Because they are indeed, facts? And you don't want to face the truth?
Just because you don't agree with the doctors all around the world proclaiming their knowledge about cigarettes and nicotine doesn't mean they are wrong.

So what... you find one man that describes his life with tobacco wasn't so bad and you automatically believe he knows more than the physicians that see patients like him every day who are suffering?

I understand that in some cases, there are men and women who do not become ill or sick due to cigarettes, but that doesn't mean the dangers and risks are not there.

Must have missed that. Oh wait, I stopped after I read "The original Surgeon General's Report, released in 1964, showed no ill effects from pipe smoking, or moderate cigar smoking."

Sometimes good arguments are made even if they appear not-so-friendly. [edit]Don't be afraid to read them.[/edit]

Why do they annoy you? Because they are indeed, facts?

How do you know they are "facts"?

And you don't want to face the truth?

Back at ya.

Just because you don't agree with the doctors all around the world proclaiming their knowledge about cigarettes and nicotine doesn't mean they are wrong.

Doctors aren't people? They are neutral politacally? How naive are you?

So what... you find one man that describes his life with tobacco wasn't so bad and you automatically believe he knows more than the physicians that see patients like him every day who are suffering?

You posted some "facts". So did I.

I understand that in some cases, there are men and women who do not become ill or sick due to cigarettes, but that doesn't mean the dangers and risks are not there.

It seems like an argument that all is not as "common knowledge" would say. I consider that relevant.

How do you know they are "facts"?

because you can set up a simple experiment which im sure about every high school student has seen.

put a cigarette at one end, and crate a vacuum at the other and in between put your tests in test tubes. using glass pipes to connect them

the lime water goes cloudy (shows presence of carbon dioxide)

the other thing changes colour (shows presence of carbon monoxide)

the indicator solution changes (cant remembder if it went acid or alkali)

the cotton wool went black / yellow in very little time at all due to tar, much likes ones lungs do

ive seen a pair of smokers lungs cut open, there was so much tar in there (tar is a carciogen too)

theres all the scientiic evidence you want to prove that smoking is, on the whole, bad for you.

Another person who can't follow a link. :rolleyes:

because you can set up a simple experiment which im sure about every high school student has seen.

put a cigarette at one end, and crate a vacuum at the other and in between put your tests in test tubes. using glass pipes to connect them

the lime water goes cloudy (shows presence of carbon dioxide)

the other thing changes colour (shows presence of carbon monoxide)

the indicator solution changes (cant remembder if it went acid or alkali)

the cotton wool went black / yellow in very little time at all due to tar, much likes ones lungs do

ive seen a pair of smokers lungs cut open, there was so much tar in there (tar is a carciogen too)

theres all the scientiic evidence you want to prove that smoking is, on the whole, bad for you.

Several questions, not necessarily given in the order they're brought up.

1. Would you please define 'very little time at all' as regarding color shift in the wool?
2. What 'other thing' are you referring to regarding CO?
3. You specify 'tar is a carciogen(sic) too' in your post. I was under the impression that the substances in the tar were the only carcinogens in play here; would you mind telling me what others are present?
4. Exactly how much of the tar is found in the smoke exhaled by a smoker? From what you've said, most of it appears to go into producing the discoloration in the lungs; however, I was under the impression that most of the thrust of this thread has been about second-hand smoke, which would occur after the original smoke has been drawn into the lungs.

I haven't read all of the links being bandied back and forth. I don't know whether or not smoking is supposed to be a deadly-deadly disease, or the new 'miracle cure'TM. I do know that a) I greatly dislike the smell of smoke, any kind, and b) I'd really rather not be breathing in a room filled with a CO2/CO mixture taking up a large part of the airspace. My family has a history of asthma, and although I seem to have avoided it so far, I'd rather not take any chances on my oxygen supply.

@Dave Sinkula:
I've been looking over the Colby report. I'll try my best to view it with an open eye, but given that he's already pulled up one interesting counter-comparison, I'm afraid I'm going to be at least slightly skeptical of what he writes.

@Dave Sinkula:
I've been looking over the Colby report. I'll try my best to view it with an open eye, but given that he's already pulled up one interesting counter-comparison, I'm afraid I'm going to be at least slightly skeptical of what he writes.

That's the point. So am I. And I maintain a skeptical eye for other "facts" presented elseweb. ;)

Well can we again settle on the fact that if you smoke upwards of a packet of fags a day, u have defiantly messed up your alveoli, by coating them all in a thin layer of tar.

Like I said... smoking can be beneficial if used in the right manner.

But most of the time in most people, the outcome is never good.

Like I said... smoking can be beneficial if used in the right manner.

But most of the time in most people, the outcome is never good.

Well, I wouldn't even say the smoking is beneficial so much as the nicotine component has some beneficial properties. A delivery mechanism other than smoking would definitely be advisable.

(I'm a smoker who harbors no illusion that it's not bad for me)

ppl i have no idea wut u ppl are talkin about but if it is smokin then i have to say that i love it i smoke pipe weed dont see me as a nerd the pc is my 2nd hobby my first is babes ;) and cause of babes i smoke :@ but i am loving it hahahha so no body talks trash about smokin yall understand u bit***s

commented: Smoking is for queers -3
commented: Josh, you're queer and don't smoke. +6
commented: your an idiot -4
commented: I'm surprised I understood this mess. -4
commented: :D Your rep power shows orange dot. Lets try to make it green. Next time post something sensible +3
commented: Me too, me too... +24
commented: already green, but for future use +10

ppl i have no idea wut u ppl are talkin about but if it is smokin then i have to say that i love it i smoke pipe weed dont see me as a nerd the pc is my 2nd hobby my first is babes ;) and cause of babes i smoke :@ but i am loving it hahahha so no body talks trash about smokin yall understand u bit***s

Was that English?

commented: hahaha +20
commented: A variation on the English Slanguage, maybe. +4

Was that English?

No wonder that he said:

ppl i have no idea wut u ppl are talkin about

commented: Did you just call me queer? Hm.. -3

Ok so let me try to translate...

You don't know what we're talking about even though the title of the thread is called smoking. You like to smoke weed. You're not a nerd. You like girls. And because of girls you somehow smoke. You love it and you think we're all female dogs.

Is this correct?

commented: You're getting it. Wow. +6
commented: Perhaps!. he was trying to call you a female dog and ended up talking all those nonsensical words. +0
commented: haha.. you understood more of it than I did :p +16
commented: :D hilarious +7
commented: =D +3

thanx ppl i am flattered and that english is called shortcutting ha ha ha excuse me for being realistic ha ha ha

christina no i dont mean that females are dogs females are beautifl wut i ment is heartbreakes makes me smoke till i got used to them AIE i didn't get it JBENNET don't say whose fool or not dont tal;k trash to me so i talk trash to you so i go low to ur level in the community and peace out

commented: Meaningless drivel +0
commented: rright... +0

thanx ppl i am flattered and that english is called shortcutting ha ha ha excuse me for being realistic ha ha ha

What you are calling 'shortcutting' is an attempt to recreate the English language in a manner more preferable to you. The problem is, to those who are more used to the English language as it is now, you come across as either confused, or confusing. It becomes difficult to parse your writing, and the main result is that most people would rather make fun of you than attempt to understand what you are trying to say. Please make an attempt to respond in normal English, with proper grammar. I would appreciate this, and I believe that most of the other people who post on this site would appreciate it as well.

commented: Exactly +2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.