But there is nothing harmful in that. It doesn't harmfully affect those around them either.

There is this one thing that's pretty harmful... AIDS. ;)

BUT they make that choice. Unlike second hand smokers. And not all gays have aids, many are healthy.

Yeah except for the fact that you're destroying your liver! ;-)

Yea, if you drink a whole damn keg..

haha.. true. But hiv affects more than just the gays.

BUT they make that choice. Unlike second hand smokers. And not all gays have aids, many are healthy.

Yeah, I know. I was just kidding.

Yea, if you drink a whole damn keg..

Lol not necessarily!

haha.. true. But hiv affects more than just the gays.

Again... yeah, I know. Lol

But there is nothing harmful in that. It doesn't harmfully affect those around them either. This is also a private thing and not a public thing. If you want to stab your lungs to death in private go ahead, but when it becomes harmful to those around you, there can be laws made.

Yes, sir. That's exactly why I have a problem with it, and the same with many law makers. If you were simply stabbing your lungs (not to death, as they aren't living in the sense that we are ;)), then thats your damn problem. I see nothing wrong with suicide or assisted suicide.. if you want to be a pus, and take yourself out.. go ahead.. the world keeps on spinning without your sorry a$$. But, as soon as innocent people are harmed (like, for instance, ME!) then thats a problem. The hell if I wanna die b/c some jacka$$ chooses to smoke. I don't choose to smoke! Why should I suffer the consequences?!

Yeah, drinking and smoking are different. Drinking CAN be addicting but doesn't have to be. Unlike smoking. If in moderation it is not unhealthy at all (the drinking that is). It's when it becomes too much that you damage your liver, kill brain cells, puke, alcohol poisoning, etc.

It's just that HIV and AIDS are more common with homosexuals.

Yeah, drinking and smoking are different. Drinking CAN be addicting but doesn't have to be. Unlike smoking. If in moderation it is not unhealthy at all (the drinking that is). It's when it becomes too much that you damage your liver, kill brain cells, puke, alcohol poisoning, etc.

Yep. Alcohol is actually good for you. The problem is people abuse it.

It's just that HIV and AIDS are more common with homosexuals.

AIDS is like Disco. It started with the gays, then spread into the general community. Lol.

commented: Jokes aren't funny when you laugh at them yourself. But seeing people try to make jokes and fail _is_ funny. +6
commented: i thought it was funny +3

Lol not necessarily!

hah.. alcohol, in particular, wine, is actually healthy for the body.. if consumed at a controllable rate. Going out and drinking and partying with friends until your wasted isn't going to affect you much.. unless you do it frequently. Besides, it's fun! (Note: I wouldn't know as I am not of legal age to drink ;) .. Confessions don't count against you in the great state of Texas anyway :))

hah.. alcohol, in particular, wine, is actually healthy for the body.. if consumed at a controllable rate. Going out and drinking and partying with friends until your wasted isn't going to affect you much.. unless you do it frequently. Besides, it's fun! (Note: I wouldn't know as I am not of legal age to drink ;) .. Confessions don't count against you in the great state of Texas anyway :))

Lol look at my last post.

Sry, didn't see it :-/

omfg.. this thread has grown to 11 pages, 102 posts, and 250 views all within one hour!

I know. Controversial topics will get a fire started.

Yeah, but it was a good thing we all had the same mindset. I don't think we hurt too many feelings in this thread.

haha.. just Dave's ;)

I'm glad we were on the same team for once.. lol

Well I think most would agree that smoking is unhealthy. Even the smokers.

yup... just when they said my reasons for smoking were the stupidest they've ever heard...:@ (i wonder who was that:confused: )...

yup... just when they said my reasons for smoking were the stupidest they've ever heard...:@ (i wonder who was that:confused: )...

Hehe... well they were off the wall reasons. ;)

uhh.. I have no clue:S

Anybody with a brain.

thank you very very much...

Lol. But come on. You have to admit. It is obviously bad for your health and not good. Or do you disagree?

haha.. btw, that was me who said it.. Sorry, man.. but you took the wrong side, and mad bad arguments for it.

[edit] Damn, sk8.. when did you get so much rep ;)

the truth is, i know what i am doing to my body... i am aware that i'm harming myself... i know it is bad for me and for everyone...

next time i guess i'd better team up in the right side... and search for better arguents... :D

haha.. btw, that was me who said it.. Sorry, man.. but you took the wrong side, and mad bad arguments for it.

[edit] Damn, sk8.. when did you get so much rep ;)

Lol, I got a lot from this thread and the impossible quiz. Got my fourth block (woohoo!)

the truth is, i know what i am doing to my body... i am aware that i'm harming myself... i know it is bad for me and for everyone...

next time i guess i'd better team up in the right side... andserch for better arguents... :D

Well, there you go. You know you are harming your body. So why an argument at all?

commented: here's some more... be happy... +2

because they're stupidly funny... not right, but funny... don't you think?

Lol, I got a lot from this thread and the impossible quiz. Got my fourth block (woohoo!)

Tuh, yea.. b/c of yours truly ;) lol

Well, there you go. You know you are harming your body. So why an argument at all?

No kidding.. I don't understand why yall are arguing at all.. Why not try to stop?

commented: Gracias para el ayuda +6
commented: Gracias por la ayuda. You almost got it. +5

because they're stupidly funny... not right, but funny... don't you think?

Heh, yeah I thought so.

i don't know... it's somewhat fun to be the showoff party animal... in a moderated way of course...

(smoking!=party animal)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.