hahaha.. yea, um obviously the people are in on it again b/c of lack of human emotion. When he told the girls to pull her from both directions, who the hell wouldn't be like "Hey, now, wut the hell are you going to do?" Also, that chick obviously had fake legs or something. She did not scream or shout or anything. There was no blood or anything.. its not like the human body is sealed right there.. lol, a nice trick.. but once again, I hope no one actually believes it.

Someone in the comments says the girl doesn't have legs. And she was too good at moving with just arms,

Pretty damn cool though!

as for pexiglass blocks, they might not have been organised exactly like that, maybe some are in a bridge hence how the girl swam under his foot.

or just blocks,

"I guess we didn't tell him where the rocks were".
Maybe that's what this magician was doing.

.. I think the 'block' idea is probably the most likely.

=p

Yeah. He's so fake I think.

Or he's been practicing witchcraft.

Well, of course he's fake otherwise the government would be all over him. Every magician is fake. It isn't if they're doing it for real or not, it's how they do it and that is what's amazing. It doesn't make him a witch. Lol. It's just entertainment.

>it's how they do it and that is what's amazing
Your eyes are the ones that deceive you. Close you eyes and `poof' the magic is gone. :-O

Rofl i like that

Well, of course he's fake otherwise the government would be all over him. Every magician is fake. It isn't if they're doing it for real or not, it's how they do it and that is what's amazing. It doesn't make him a witch. Lol. It's just entertainment.

I take great exception to the statements "he's fake" and "Every magician is fake." Magicians are not fake. They are real people.

What they do is also not fake. They perform illusions -- which are not meant to be real, but you as an audience member cannot explain easily how the illusion is accomplished.

Please don't denegrate the profession by calling the magician fake. It's not nice... :icon_wink:

fake: "To simulate; feign", and "To engage in feigning, simulation, or other deceptive activity".

illusion: "The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief"

The two are synonymous words. illusion is just a pretty way of saying fake. That of course says nothing about the entertainment value of their profession. Everyone (almost anyway) knows what they do is fake -- its how they do it that's the mystery.

Criss Angel is fake. He's a bad magician; he's bad at being a magician. He's a fake magician, because to call him a magician would denigrate magicians who are good at what they do.

commented: Nicely put. +3

Well it could be done,
IF
The water was 'heavy water'
Or
He put a special chemical on his feet that repels the water allowing him to 'walk' on it.

commented: Ahh heavy water, a dieter's nightmare. +11

Um, 'heavy water' means water with a highly-enriched count of deuterium/tritium, if I recall correctly. I'd think that's at a level a bit too low to allow someone to walk on it. And I'm having trouble picturing the existence of a chemical that could increase surface tension that much without causing harm to his feet...remember, he did take his shoes off for a short distance.

commented: If you have sufficiently callused feet, it is even possible to walk on acid. So the chemical he was using prob won't hurt his feet? -2

Well it could be done,
IF
The water was 'heavy water'
Or
He put a special chemical on his feet that repels the water allowing him to 'walk' on it.

To quote some awesome teacher I had: Shut up, that's retarded.

Edit: Hey, maybe that comes across as mean-sounding. Whatever.

commented: I didn't know your mom was a teacher. +11

Special chemical?That is pretty impossible sounding.

Skin already has a special chemical that repels water.

Yeah,but if you're in the water for a while it absorbs water and gets weird-looking.

The two are synonymous words. illusion is just a pretty way of saying fake. That of course says nothing about the entertainment value of their profession. Everyone (almost anyway) knows what they do is fake -- its how they do it that's the mystery.

I take great exception to the statements "he's fake" and "Every magician is fake." Magicians are not fake. They are real people.
What they do is also not fake. They perform illusions -- which are not meant to be real, but you as an audience member cannot explain easily how the illusion is accomplished.
Please don't denegrate the profession by calling the magician fake. It's not nice...

Can i apply both of them to wrestling? [/waaay off topic but sprung to mind]

and it was blocks damnit! [/on topic ;) ]

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Can i apply both of them to wrestling? [/waaay off topic but sprung to mind]

and it was blocks damnit! [/on topic ;) ]

I'm pretty sure wrestling is fake, unless you are referring to mud wrestling.

And everyone knows how walking on water is possible surely?
heavy water

'Heavy Water' refers to water with a concentrated count of Deuterim/Tritium, as opposed to being composed mostly of Protium. Last I checked, it's not a non-newtonian fluid.

Thanx for clearing that up! But do you know what sarcasm is?

>I'm pretty sure wrestling is fake, unless you are referring to mud wrestling.
but the people are real, which was the argument for magicians.....

I know you can walk on custard thanks to Brainiac :D

What's Brainiac?

Thanx for clearing that up! But do you know what sarcasm is?

If you are presenting what seems to be a serious argument, with no external or additional commentary indicating that you are being sarcastic, I will treat what you say with utmost seriousness and respond accordingly.

Vic Reeves does Brainiac now doesn't he.
It used to be done by Richard Hammond, aka the guy from TopGear who crashed in the jet car.

>I'm pretty sure wrestling is fake, unless you are referring to mud wrestling.
but the people are real, which was the argument for magicians.....

you mean they are not androids? Now I'm heart-broken :'(

I know! So was I!

Please don't denegrate the profession by calling the magician fake. It's not nice... :icon_wink:

Yes, what you just said is what I meant. And I think magicians are very good at what they do (especially this guy, I always thought he was the best one of the recent days anyway.) I didn't mean to degrade the profession. Anyway. I saw an episode where he took a cell phone and smashed it into a beer bottle and then it ended up inside. He had to break open the bottle to get it out. Anyone want to come up with ideas on how he did that one?

Yeah, and they risk their lives on a lot of the stunts that they do.That is how harry houdini was famous.

Yeah, and they risk their lives on a lot of the stunts that they do.That is how harry houdini was famous.

There is very little risk in what magicians do. Unless they're stupid. Criss Angel is rarely if ever in danger on any stunt he does. Just about everything that can go wrong is accounted for and a plan is in place to at least minimize the problem -- in most cases remove the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.