On the show, you know he always lives in those stunts, or he wouldn't be commentating in the background. They say houdini died doing one of his stunts, but I know he died of something else.

Criss Angel did a stunt where he road his motorcycle and had to break through one of three "paper walls?" I guess you would call them. They weren't made out of paper but you know what I mean. Behind one of them was Carrot Top and he didn't know which one. The first time he missed him but then he did it again with only two left and stopped at the last second and asked if he was in the middle one (which he was) then he went back to do it again and that time went through the one that Carrot Top wasn't behind. They claimed there was no communication between the two and Criss Angel says that he does those things based on notions of his. Whether that's fake or not is debatable, but it sounds dangerous if it wasn't fake.

>Whether that's fake or not is debatable

>What is real?
~ Morpheus ~ The Matrix.

Who played Morpheus anyway?????Forget it...there was a stunt where he(Criss Angel) jumped off of a platform, and dissapeared and was on the ground.Sometimes he tells you how to do a trick.

Yeah, I've seen him show how to do a trick once. How did he do that one?

I don't think they tell you how to do the really cool ones.They only tell you ones on how to put a dollar through a banana.

A dollar through a banana?

He got one guy to sign a dollar.Then he told him to pick a piece of fruit, and then he cut it up, and the dollar was in it.

He didn't say how he did it.That was one of the "Cool" tricks.If I knew, I would've left the dollar there, then let someone eat it.

A dollar a banana. Yeap. That sounds about right. ;)

Maybe it was a peso.That is worthless enough to hide in a banana.

I don't think they tell you how to do the really cool ones.They only tell you ones on how to put a dollar through a banana.

How'd he do it?

He didn't say how he did it.That was one of the "Cool" tricks.If I knew, I would've left the dollar there, then let someone eat it.

Hmmm.....

They say houdini died doing one of his stunts, but I know he died of something else.

From what I've seen, Harry Houdini (if you're referring to another one please let me know) is supposed to have died from a combination of part of his own reputation and another person's impatience.

The way the story runs:
One of Houdini's boasts was that he could stiffen up his stomach muscles to the point where they would protect him from most serious punches. He would sometimes offer to demonstrate this. At one such demonstration, rather than waiting for Houdini to stiffen his muscles up, the young man who had asked immediately threw a punch at him. The blow was powerful enough that, in the absence of the muscular shield, it did some damage to Houdini's organs. It was this damage that killed him.

It's possible that the 'during a stunt' came in because Houdini, after the punch, went on to attempt to perform a show that night according to the story. From what I recall, partway through the show he sort of slumped down, and the show was stopped so he could be taken to the hospital. Instead, he passed away before then. It is slightly possible that the performance put a strain on the damaged organs, but from what I've heard that wouldn't have made more than a few hours difference anyway.

Again, this is the common story I've heard; I make no claims for its exact accuracy.

He suffered a heart attack or summit just after he performed, or before he performed, can't remember which, but it was due to that guys punch before hand.

Criss Angel did this thing where he stopped his pulse for a minute or two at five different places of his body at the same time and medical professionals were the ones taking his pulse at a hospital. They actually started freaking out for a little bit, but they didn't take it too seriously because that is what they expected (I mean further medical attention was unnecessary).

coughstoogescough.

and i picked up on the "cool tricks/banana" mistake of maravich's as well, sk8 ;)

Yeah, but stooges? That's too easy to see through.

He suffered a heart attack or summit just after he performed, or before he performed, can't remember which, but it was due to that guys punch before hand.

Nope...

From what I've seen, Harry Houdini (if you're referring to another one please let me know) is supposed to have died from a combination of part of his own reputation and another person's impatience.

The way the story runs:

Close. The story goes:
Houdini was in Montreal in his dressing room. A college student was visiting him while Houdini was reading his mail. The student asked him about the the stomach punch stunt, got an affirmative answer, so he punched Houdini while he wasn't ready and ruptures his appendix. For the next few days he complained of stomach pain but did nothing. Finally while performing in Detroit he collapsed on stage and was rushed to Grace Hospital (the same hospital I was born in, by the way :)) By this time peritonitis set in and he was given a day to live. He finally died a week later on Oct 31.

Probability is that his appendix was in trouble before the punching incident, and was simply aggravated by the punches.
See this and this

It seems unlikely that a heart attack resulted from a punch in the stomach from before.

Well back to the walking on water thing, you could walk on water as long as you don't break the surface tension of the water.
Like the pond skater insects, they don't break the tension of the water, therefore they don't drown. If he could replicate that with his feet ~ tough to do ~ he could walk on water.

How exactly do you propose he do such a thing without spectators knowing?

Sounds kind of like jealously to me. He is an awesome illusionist. If he is such a horrible magician please explain all of his tricks to me. You can't tell me that the 100 or so people standing around are all set-up.
Criss Angel is an extremely talented illusionist/magician, possibly the best alive right now.

commented: I agree with you, but I do think that some people might be in on it. But maybe not. +7

Hmm.. I'm sure they were probably all in on it (The people in the water at least). I had no idea who this guy was until I read this thread..

You've never heard of him before? On his show, he calls himself the mind freak.

He has a television show?

Yeah, it comes on A&E in my area.

Sounds kind of like jealously to me. He is an awesome illusionist. If he is such a horrible magician please explain all of his tricks to me.

A horrible magician doesn't necessarily mean his tricks can be figured out. He may have no personality (David Blaine comes to mind) or just not entertaining. Maybe his tricks are lame but he does them well.

You can't tell me that the 100 or so people standing around are all set-up.

Why not? If 100 or so people are in on it, that's a small price to pay for the all the viewers that are fooled. And maybe all 100 are either magicians themselves, and/or magician's assistants/wives. Most of the people he has on Mindfreak are magicians.

Anyway, Penn and Teller gave away one of the magician's prized secrets to an entire theater audience just to blow away the TV viewers.

Criss Angel is an extremely talented illusionist/magician, possibly the best alive right now.

Very debatable. He is good. And he's probably one of the most popular with non-magicians at this time, but he's not the best. Believe me.

Who do you think is the best alive right now, WaltP?

You just said it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.