we can all argue about it, but everyone has without a doubt got more money now, policing is better, schools are slowly getting better, crime rates are finally going down - it seems though that iraq spoils this proven track record, but whom; put in the shoes of bush or blair shortly after 9/11 - could honestly say they wouldn't have done the same, truth is proberbly very, after all they're only human. but credit where credit is due, i was never really a bush fan but 9/11 definately made him, you guys had a coal shovel of sh** thrown at you and he pulled you through the over side, admittedly not daisy fresh - but still the other side (with lots of air fresheners lol).

Dazza :cool:

Yea, man.. It's been all over the U.S. news the last couple days.. The U.S. did not raise our warning level though.

I live 7 miles from Scott Air Force Base, went there twice today, and I can assure you the military is on hightened alert since the happenings in UK this past weekend.

As for the original post -- I think Tony Blair will fair well in the history books -- He stood his ground and didn't let French President Charic push him around like Charic tried to do. Now if Gordin Brown can be half that good ...

we can all argue about it, but everyone has without a doubt got more money now, policing is better, schools are slowly getting better, crime rates are finally going down - it seems though that iraq spoils this proven track record, but whom; put in the shoes of bush or blair shortly after 9/11 - could honestly say they wouldn't have done the same, truth is proberbly very, after all they're only human. but credit where credit is due, i was never really a bush fan but 9/11 definately made him, you guys had a coal shovel of sh** thrown at you and he pulled you through the over side, admittedly not daisy fresh - but still the other side (with lots of air fresheners lol).

Yea, most would probably do the same.. but the fact is Bush=idiot. His approval rating is so low, and people from his home state are even questioning his leadership ability.

I live 7 miles from Scott Air Force Base, went there twice today, and I can assure you the military is on hightened alert since the happenings in UK this past weekend.

Oh, I was just quoting what the Secretary of Defense reportedly said on MSNBC.

I think wage could definatly play a part in it. When you think about it in comparison to places such as china and russia the money going into wages would be signifcantly more so what would hire you 1 soldier in EU could almost be the same as what it would cost you to hire 10-20 men in china. Not to mention the difference in cost of things like weapons vehicles and such.

So although EU have a larger budget they have a smaller probably more advanced army where as China probably has a much larger however less advanced army.

Keep in mind as well these are just figures that have been declared to the UN for all we know china could have a much larger budget and are just keeping it quiet.

hmm.. interesting off-topic randomness.

Lol yeah i did not see the extra two pages of posts... my bad.

Dazza :cool:

Ive made that exact same argument to defend john howard lol. Interesting to see that it wasn't just our PM that came under fire heh heh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.