http://www.youtube.com/v/OQHCR__-FRA

I dunno if i do or not,i think the universe has been written and we are just pawns in it...... Otherwise things like astrology readings and such couldnt be done as accurate as they seem to be most times.....

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

I'm getting an error. It isn't loading.

http://www.youtube.com/v/OQHCR__-FRA

I dunno if i do or not,i think the universe has been written and we are just pawns in it...... Otherwise things like astrology readings and such couldnt be done as accurate as they seem to be most times.....

Which astrology readings and such? The ones that are so vague they could mean almost anything, and are therefore not falsifiable?

I DO agree with the principles shown in the video.

I think you ruined it a little bit by commenting nonesense. My opinion is.

It's like that video tries to make a point, but comes short of making one.

i watched about a minute and a half of it and cut it off... just seemed unprofessional and the music was annoying.

I didn't watch the video, just like I don't follow any of the umpteen silly links you post as some kind of replacement for independent thought. Keep that in mind.

>Otherwise things like astrology readings and such couldnt be done as
>accurate as they seem to be most times.....
Astrology readings are just like magic tricks: an illusion performed by perceptive and clever people to deceive people who want to believe in "something more". I find it hard to believe that celestial bodies control who I am and what I do.

It's like that video tries to make a point, but comes short of making one.

I wouldn't mind if you could elavorate some more about why you think it did not hit the mark.

It caught my attention in the beginning as soon as it showed self-ownership, however it only associated it with your life and your liberty as your property.
When I think of self-ownership I have the tendency to lean strongly
to the side of you should own your actions; your mistakes; your successes; your way of thinking and living.
Notwithstanding, the clip is more about associating some concepts and thoughts with others to reach to an understanding.

I wouldn't mind if you could elavorate some more about why you think it did not hit the mark.

It caught my attention in the beginning as soon as it showed self-ownership, however it only associated it with your life and your liberty as your property.
When I think of self-ownership I have the tendency to lean strongly
to the side of you should own your actions; your mistakes; your successes; your way of thinking and living.
Notwithstanding, the clip is more about associating some concepts and thoughts with others to reach to an understanding.

It seemed to be trying to make a point about world politics, but stopped short of complexities and left it as a kind of "hug everybody" type thing.

It seemed to be trying to make a point about world politics, but stopped short of complexities and left it as a kind of "hug everybody" type thing.

I concur with that.
As an example, the ending climax was somehow vague; I found.

"Achieving a free society requires courage, to think, to talk, and to act. Especially when it is easier to do nothing..."

Sounds good, but it doesn't convey much.

I didn't watch the video, just like I don't follow any of the umpteen silly links you post as some kind of replacement for independent thought. Keep that in mind.

Sorry buddy.

I find it hard to believe that celestial bodies control who I am and what I do.

I don't know. I could almost swear that when there's full moon, your teeth are sharper and whiter. Your sense of hearing and smell more acute. And the hair..., oh, my gosh, the hair..... Why are you looking at me like that?. Don't..., don't..., don't do it!. ... Aaaargh!.

If I may, for the sake of getting back to the topic, since previously I was so happy of derailed it.

I was wondering if this two statements shown in the clip, would change any opinions for any of those that were in favor of goverment banning smoking in the Smoking thread.

"You cannot give them* any rights that you do not have yourself"
( * goverment representing you ).

"Problems in the world that arise from the initiation of force by government have a solution.
The solution is for the people of the earth to STOP asking government officials to initiate force on their behalf."

Force in what sense? Given enough power and/or authority, most politicos become heady with it, and grant themselves the initiative motivation.

Force in what sense?

I interpret that in this fashion: if I lack the authorization to tell another not to have gay sex, for example, then reciprocally one does not have the authorization to tell me not to smoke; and by extension, a government chosen by me or the other party(ies) lacks them as well.

I think the person who made the video was an atheist.

I think the person who made the video was an atheist.

Here we go with the labels. Darn it.

>>I think

These two words typed by moi should never be taken seriously. Relax man.

>>I think

These two words typed by moi should never be taken seriously. Relax man.

I am relax, but to be honest, I don't see why you have to associate it with a religious label, when there's nothing in the video that convey any indication, that the `hidden' motivation or agenda is base in religious belief.
You are just adding an opportunity to a `thick minder' to fire up their `burning cauldrons of hell' for any atheist.
Let's give a break to the whole `God' thingy. Please.

>You are just adding an opportunity to a `thick minder' to fire up their `burning cauldrons of hell' for any atheist.

say what?

So it's just me that screamed religon at?

What is a religon?

Or is it one of the pokémans? I prefer Porygon, myself.

commented: Porygon sucked ass -3
commented: Pikachu!, I call you!. Watch out for the lightning bolt. +6

i once tried to disprove astrology but in order to do it properly i also investigated it properly. i was really shocked to discover that it is not as close to BS as i had expected. i believe in science, engineering and logic but logic does include induction so....

so @ narue. really. and after the rap you gave me for expecting you to asume? you are almost forcing me to re-adjust my evaluation of your mind. carl sagan once tried to disprove astrology without ever learning what astrology entails. he only ended up showing his mind is as one-tracked as those who advocate religious dogma.

@ most others.
astrology is wrong when you look at your monthly or weekly horoscope. but that is because it is written by what i call chanchers. even real astrologers would rejoice if they could be eliminated.

i myself dont know whether to believe in it or not. all i am saying is if you get a real astrologer to do your nativity chart( dont go for astrology software or people who dont know much. the astrology industry is not regulated.) you might be at least a bit rattled. i checked out my own after learning the basics and i know that i was shocked. but my chart is very easy to do so please dont anyone ask me to do his.

>What is a religon? Or is it one of the pokémans? I prefer Porygon, myself.

Man, that reminds me, some girl in Game (shop) though Yoshi was a pokemon. *shakes head*

Isn't astrology the "study of the stars"?

No, astronomy is the study of stars. This is astrology.

Yeah, the study of the stars looking through the wider end of the telescope.

Sorry buddy.

Don't be sorry. This is the Geek's Lounge.

No, astronomy is the study of stars. This is astrology.

Yeah, the study of the stars looking through the wider end of the telescope.

Make your minds up ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.