hmm.. well, I wouldn't exactly put it like that..

Just be yourself, don't try to be some bad ass or somethn your not.. she obviously wants to hook up based on the Anime expo, so play it cool like jdenver said. You already have something in common, so getting the first chat off wont be a problem. :)

lol thnx i have a pic of me n her but not on this comp any opic suggstions cuz i dont wanna seem like a complete anime fiend although i am somewhat when i talked to her there i had a couple interesting stories but i maybe only have like a date or 2 of topics or stories i could tell her

Well, what are yall planning to do? Typical dinner and a movie? Start out asking her maybe why she was at the expo or what her favorite anime is.. and then gradually start talking about general info about each other (family, friends, school, future). Don't talk the whole time either.. let her talk a lot.. and seem interested in what she has to say (despite the fact that most of it will probably not be lol ;))

i'm pretty good at listening but i kow her favorite anime is the same as mine "Death note" n i dunno what we should do on the date any suggestions on that too?

a dinner and date is too common i wanna do somehting that make her be like "wow i should go out with this guy more ofton this was fun"

i'm pretty good at listening but i kow her favorite anime is the same as mine "Death note" n i dunno what we should do on the date any suggestions on that too?

Well good, you have something else in common ;) You can easily talk about this anime to help the convo get started and loosen every1 up (The first convo is always the most important)

a dinner and date is too common i wanna do somehting that make her be like "wow i should go out with this guy more ofton this was fun"

hmm.. Well, what have you done on previous dates that you enjoyed? What city do you live in (what opportunities do you have)?

How old are yall anyways?

well im 17 n she is 16 i live in Malibu CA which is a suburb of LA theres nothing to do in Malibu its a beach town i usualy just go do crazy things with friends in Santa monica "a close town" but its exciting but not date worthy its shit that i could only do wiht other guys "like ghost ride the whip" (where everyone including the driver jumps out of the car while the assengers get on the roof of the car the driver runs along side the car its roughly moving at 10-15 miles an hour so its not too fast) or going out to norms "a diner similar to denny's" at 2 in the morning and just hanging out i know a could really good cafes around hte town but she lives on the other side of LA "like 100 miles away" so traveling si a slight problem for her i can drive but i dont know how to ask her all the way out to Santa Monica Malibu area i guess the beach would be a good place for the beach but if i do that im gonna have to fast for like a week n work out like crazy cuz im averagely built but no like 6 pack n im not all to "sculpted" where have you been on past dates?

also i've notied around girls that i like i talk really really quietly any sugestions on that too?

well im 17 n she is 16 i live in Malibu CA which is a suburb of LA theres nothing to do in Malibu its a beach town i usualy just go do crazy things with friends in Santa monica "a close town" but its exciting but not date worthy its shit that i could only do wiht other guys "like ghost ride the whip" (where everyone including the driver jumps out of the car while the assengers get on the roof of the car the driver runs along side the car its roughly moving at 10-15 miles an hour so its not too fast) or going out to norms "a diner similar to denny's" at 2 in the morning and just hanging out i know a could really good cafes around hte town but she lives on the other side of LA "like 100 miles away" so traveling si a slight problem for her i can drive but i dont know how to ask her all the way out to Santa Monica Malibu area i guess the beach would be a good place for the beach but if i do that im gonna have to fast for like a week n work out like crazy cuz im averagely built but no like 6 pack n im not all to "sculpted" where have you been on past dates?

haha.. whoa.. People from california are WEIRD. :-/ lol jp

Hmm.. well what did she say in the e-mail? I'd probably suggest that you stay in her town or somewhere close to where she lives when you pick her up b/c you don't want to make her too uncomfortable. Hah don't worry too much about getting in shape and whatnot.. just be yourself ;) (for the most part). I personally only worked out during athletics (I played basketball, football, ran track, etc..), but I never really worked out on my own.. I "retired" from basketball sophmore year, and haven't worked out at all since then (I graduated this year) lol.. I mean, appearance is the first turn on.. but once you get to talking and discovering each other's personalities then looks don't really matter that much (she'll look hot to you no matter what lol). But yea.. I usually will just do the boring dinner and a movie.. but we have a cool new drive-in movie place here.. You want to make a good first impression, but at the same time don't overdue it! :p

I don't really know what either of yall enjoy, so its a bit hard for me to advise a good first date place.. but, where have you gone with other chicks that you enjoyed?

uh i usualy take a first date to a cafe in the town next to me its quant but nothing too special plus its nowhere near her house

also i've notied around girls that i like i talk really really quietly any sugestions on that too?

Not all that uncommon.. just nervousness. Don't stress over it so much.. be yourself! Everyone is nervous on the first date, but don't worry.. after a while you wont be so tense, and I'd assume this affect would wear off.

i got her myspace n talk to her through thatmainly now aka "i've sent her like 2 messages through it back n forth"

uh i usualy take a first date to a cafe in the town next to me its quant but nothing too special plus its nowhere near her house

Nothing wrong with that.. maybe when you pick her up, as what she wants to do or what restaurants she likes.

i got her myspace n talk to her through thatmainly now aka "i've sent her like 2 messages through it back n forth"

ah, nothing wrong with that.. but there is no substitute for the phone ;)

ahhhhh she just posted a comment on my picture with her!!! hazukashi desune "i'm embarassed"

huh? Confused me there..

agreed there is no substitute from the phone but if i talked to her on that i would get extremely nervous n stutter n be really quiet it would b a mess without knowing her that much

nevermind im ancsiously awating her reply to my last message

What is "hazukashi desune"?

hazukashi desune means im nervous in japanese uh how should i asked her out i asked her if she wanted to hang sometime but i dont know how to say "hey i know i just met you but i would relaly like to drive 2 hours to see you" that would be weird it sounds like i want to like kidnap her or sumthing

lol.. yea it does.. Posting on myspace or IMing is not going to help things.. Tell her that you really like her, and ask for her phone number. WAIT a couple days, then give her a call. Don't be too aggressive or overanxious. Practice what your going to say be4 you call.. Just chat with her a bit, and say something smooth like "Hey, the next time I'm around (her town), you wanna catch a movie or something?"

alright well next wednesday im goin backpacking for 2 weeks so thats a whole 2 weeks i can make her wait lol weather or not i want to

conact has been made!!! woot woot we havent said a time and place yet but she said she would like to hang ou with me WOOT WOOT

Interesting way to get a date. But hey, good luck.

commented: Welcome Back =) +15

alright well next wednesday im goin backpacking for 2 weeks so thats a whole 2 weeks i can make her wait lol weather or not i want to

See, not bad.. You don't want to seem too anxious to see her.. It'll be more casual if he just call her in a couple weeks. Besides, you'll have some great stories to tell her after the trip ;)

Where are yall going btw? I've never been backpacking before..

Chirstina lol for u or any girl what would u suggest for a good date?

in eastern Cali it'll b my 4th time "i usualy go for a month so this si a shorter trip"its pretty intense

how should i tell her that im interested???? just be like her i know i met u like 5 days ago but i really like you it owuld be akward i think i'd kill myself in the suspense for the response back

I wouldn't say that just yet.

agreed but how should i ask her out??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.