Densha Otoko?Train man??? whats that? yeh i have a car i got a Jag XK8 1998 gold

My advice would have actually been not to ask a forum full of nerds what to do.(no offense guys)

Then again seeing as it was an anime expo that you met her at maybe a little geekyness is all you need.

An anime expo is basically just a group of anime fans getting together in a big building and finding out whats new in the world of anime with talks from directors and the voice actors in all your favorite anime. Basically a Sci Fi Con but with anime.

Disclaimer: Just incase there are any chicks reading this and thinking im a geek right now my first answer is yes i am :P however i have never been to either an anime expo or a Sci fi Con. Although this is mainly because australia is deprived of such things... :P

ahh thanks matey, in which case i feel quite proud that i had no idea what it was :P lol, geeks? how very dare you lol just because we know the difference between cat.5 & cat.6 doesn't make us geeks; well actually i guess it does lol

Dazza :cool:

Where'd the picture go? I've been away for a few days and now the link doesn't work. I feel out of the loop.

Take her to Indian food. Indian is very classy. Or maybe just a coffee. Something casual but interesting where you two can talk and get to know each other.

If you're worried about the awkward silence; the cinema is usually a good one - not only are you not supposed to talk during the film but it'll give you a good conversation starter afterwards.

unless you keep shouting "ten ton polar bear" - (if breaks the ice) LOL

Dazza :cool:

I prefer the traditional dinner and a movie for first dates... or vice versa. That way, you don't have to keep coming up with ideas to start up a conversation, but you still have an hour or so to get to know your date.

And if the first date goes well, try something more adventurous on the next one. It's always good to mix things up. :)

that's the nicest thing you can do without being sappy...

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with being sappy. A lot of girls enjoy that, just usually not on the first date.

I enjoy sappy once in a while. ;)

lol thank you for the advice i guess I'm on god speaking terms at the moment. I haven't asked her out on a REAL date yet just to go and hang out somewhere. I am going backpacking for the next 2 weeks so there is the plus that I'll be in good shape when i get back. Also here is the picture for those of you who missed it http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p295/MyPencil/1285074672_l.jpg

the thing about being sappy is that you don't know if the girl will like it... not like other relationships, that have been carried along for about a month, guys can be sappy without girls thinking "oh, what an ass****"... you know what i mean?

BTW... she's cute... not hot, but really cute...

the thing about being sappy is that you don't know if the girl will like it... not like other relationships, that have been carried along for about a month, guys can be sappy without girls thinking "oh, what an ass****"... you know what i mean?

Yeah... I agree.

lets put it this way... imagine you're single and some guy asks you if you wanna go hang out a while, and he takes you to a 4 star restaurant with roses and champagne for a first date... what would you say?

>what would you say?
Thanks for the meal? :)

>what would you say?
Thanks for the meal? :)

Hehe! Sounds like a good response to me!

haha.. I seriously doubt the chick would have a problem with that unless you made her pay for it ;)

haha.. I seriously doubt the chick would have a problem with that unless you made her pay for it ;)

Yeah, don't figure on getting any if you push the check to her when it's time to leave.

lets put it this way... imagine you're single and some guy asks you if you wanna go hang out a while, and he takes you to a 4 star restaurant with roses and champagne for a first date... what would you say?

I would be speechless. :)

in a good way or in a bad way?

A good way.

What girl wouldn't feel special after that?

If he played his cards right, that dude might get lucky after that ;)

Hahaha... never on a first date!

And maybe jail time :)

Hahaha... never on a first date!

heh.. you never know.. If a chick took me to a fancy restaurant and paid for it..

>> A good way.
>>
>>What girl wouldn't feel special after that?

in a first date?? i wonder where you live...

>> A good way.
>>
>>What girl wouldn't feel special after that?

in a first date?? i wonder where you live...

The United States of America???

that was a retorical question...

i wouldn't take a girl i don't know to a 4 star restaurant, with flowers and all that... precisely because i don't know her and she doesn't know anything about me either... it's not like the best environment to develop a conversation to get to know each other... it's more like a celebration-with-your-couple kind of environment... get the idea?

Unless the guy is just rich.

In which case the chick would take advantage :)

n that case, even if it was a gay "guy" i would take advantage... :D

hmmm well i am wealthy. i hate to say it but i kind of am. I would actually take her to a 4 or maybe even 5 star restaurant because i go to them often enough and I don't feel awkward at those kinds of places. She just lives on the other side of Los Angeles in a poorish/middle class/country area and i live next to the beach in a richer area. Which is generally 100 miles apart. I don't mind driving the distance its just that there aren't and 4/5 star restaurants in that area that i know of and i don't anticipate any over there. and i don't think taking her to the other side of town on the first date would be looked upon too kindly. Also i don't know if were on good speaking terms anymore it was going good for a while n we would e-mail back and forth a lot but i haven't gotten a response from my last e-mail i sent her roughly 3 days ago ;-(. should i just e-mail and ask her if we're on bad speaking terms or something? I'm lost...

Okay, strutting around your economic superiority is definitely NOT a good idea. Chicks prefer a humble guy.. And no, don't e-mail her something as retarded as that..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.