HAPPY 4TH JULY to all those of you in the states!!!

Dazza :cool:

joshSCH commented: Happy Independence Day! :) +15
Rashakil Fol commented: Your avatar is out of date! -2
arjunsasidharan commented: Equalizer! +3

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

Wishes from my side too.. :)

commented: Happy Independence Day! :) +15

and from me. i think you guys have a great country.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. :) The US is strong because of many things, not the least of which is our good relationship with friendly nations.
I am native to the US, and I have been to several other countries. There's no place like home!

>>There's no place like home!
I think that's true of most people around the globe.

As for the 4th, I'm working at Wal-Mart today, one of the busiest days of the year. Yesterday was non-stop shopping from the time I went to work at 9:00 a.m. until long after I left. Tons of hotdogs, hamburger and buns went out the door.

Chance of rain this evening which may put a damper on any fireworks tonight.

commented: Happy independence day holy one +3

That's just really mean and could have so easily gone wrong.

Quoted recently, but today I'll requote it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain Inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Some nasty prank :scared:

hahahaa.. Can you only imagine waking up to find your foot attached to a firecracker! :D

commented: Happy Independence Day. Hope you get to see the fireworks tonight. ;-) +23
commented: Hope you had a great 4th celebration +17

Wish all you Americans out here a `Happy Independence Day'. ;-)

I am sure there must a lot of fireworks in the sky tonight. Have a nice time.

have to agree the states is an amazing place, i'll have to go sometime :)

commented: Glad you think so -- wish you could visit us too. +17

Yea, it was amazing coming home from work at 10:00 pm.. We live right outside the city limits, and as I drove I saw people camped out all along the road shooting off fireworks! It was awesome! Very Fun :)

that's pretty cool, it'll be hard deciding just which part to go to though; it's so big!!! lol i was thinking, orlando, or ny, la etc not sure yet.

My family and I, along with some of our neighbors, had a pool party and ate hot dogs, hamburgers, and some side dishes. We also launched off quite a few fireworks last night. We had fountains, fireballs, spinners, ... the works.

I'd like to hear from those of you across "The Pond". How do you celebrate your respective national holidays?

commented: Sounds like you had a blast ;) +3
commented: glad you had a nice time on the 4th +17

>>There's no place like home!
I think that's true of most people around the globe.

As for the 4th, I'm working at Wal-Mart today, one of the busiest days of the year. Yesterday was non-stop shopping from the time I went to work at 9:00 a.m. until long after I left. Tons of hotdogs, hamburger and buns went out the door.

Chance of rain this evening which may put a damper on any fireworks tonight.

Ancient Dragon,
I hope you weren't rained out, and that you had a great holiday. My wife and her sister find it physically impossible to not go to Wal-Mart. It is a running joke that neither of them can go on even a weekend trip without a visit to the local Wal-Mart.

Ancient Dragon,
I hope you weren't rained out, and that you had a great holiday. My wife and her sister find it physically impossible to not go to Wal-Mart. It is a running joke that neither of them can go on even a weekend trip without a visit to the local Wal-Mart.

:D :D We (my wife and I) are the same way. We did get rain but it didn't spoil the fireworks or BBQs.

America!
I am glad for all you folks out there! Your country is a beacon of light to a world desperately in need of it. I thank God for those early founding fathers. What would the world be like if they did not heed the call or faltered on their resolve to challenge tyranny and found a land where "Give me liberty or Give me death!" is more of a commitment than a shout.

God bless America!('cos through them He is blessing the World!)
peace:*

commented: :) +15
commented: aww :) +19
commented: Thanks for the kind words +17

that's pretty cool, it'll be hard deciding just which part to go to though; it's so big!!! lol i was thinking, orlando, or ny, la etc not sure yet.

Oh, are you visiting the US? Hmm idk the best place to visit for the 4th.. We always have a huge parade in the morning, and then a large fireworks display at night.. In between, everyone in the world cooks out lol :)

America!
I am glad for all you folks out there! Your country is a beacon of light to a world desperately in need of it. I thank God for those early founding fathers. What would the world be like if they did not heed the call or faltered on their resolve to challenge tyranny and found a land where "Give me liberty or Give me death!" is more of a commitment than a shout.

God bless America!('cos through them He is blessing the World!)
peace:*

Whoaa.. I'm glad to see there are still people out there who don't want us all dead!

sounds like i'll have to visit on the 4th then, food, fireworks, pool partys, street parades, you guys certainly know how to live it up! :)

commented: dazza!!!! +2

Damn straight! Super Bowl Sunday is even better :)

cowboys won the supa bowl......cowboys win cowboys win!!!!!!!

Damn straight! Super Bowl Sunday is even better :)

cowboys won the supa bowl......cowboys win cowboys win!!!!!!!

Ah, my favorite sport! We've had some great teams recently. Do either of you think a team can run the gauntlet and have a perfect season like the 1972 Dolphins? My opinion is biased since I'm a Dolphins fan.

Whoaa.. I'm glad to see there are still people out there who don't want us all dead!

The sentiment is ok, Josh, but the scope is undeserved. We still have a lot of friends out there, even in nations that officially don't like us too well. :*

Ah, my favorite sport! We've had some great teams recently. Do either of you think a team can run the gauntlet and have a perfect season like the 1972 Dolphins? My opinion is biased since I'm a Dolphins fan.

Doesn't look like it.. I thought the Broncos were going to go undefeated with Elway! But those damn Dolphins came outta nowhere (I believe they had one of the worst records that year) to beat the Broncos!! Hell..

Happy Independence Day to all!

Let freedom ring throughout the US and around the world.:)

so is it a big deal in the US? or just a minor holiday?

so is it a big deal in the US? or just a minor holiday?

Well lets see:
It's the day people close up their shops so they can meet can up with their families. They put on flag apparel in cult like fashion, get drunk as ----, declare their love of their country and that they're American, then with the empty bottles they shove some illegal M80s in and blow off the closet child's hand.

Yessiree bob, it's great holiday while we celebrate independence through PTSD. Just like our soldiers did.

It's not actually the 4th July here yet and isn't a major thing here; however Happy 4th July / Independance Day to those that do celebrate it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.