lol
major lol, PC World rejected you :P
Well you are inexperienced professionally in this field, you have no previous work in this field, so they only had your word for being tech literate. If they take everyone's word for it, i could get a job there :P , i wouldn't anyway, but you get the point.

they dont want experience or tech skills , you work out of a book which is like "if the pc doesnt turn on go to page 4"

this fool from my biol classs got it and hes totally computer illiterate

Yeah, and the "Tech Guys" first answer to ANY problem: do a system recovery.

Or another answer, re-boot.
An answer i once got was to reformat my entire hard-drive! I was like "Hell no am i going to do that! , That is a final resort!".
I of course fixed the problem myself :P

So glad that you were able to fix it yourself in the end............. That is generally how we know more than the technical support staff :)

I know, why don't we run these tech people, all they use is a handbook, we have a brain :D
Everyone on here could easily be a better 'tech guy' than the one's PC World have :)

agreed! lol, i work for DSGi (we own pc world) Had to ring our 'service desk' earlier, got put through to an indian call centre, and they are bad enough let alone the guys at pc world! i was in pc world few weeks back doing a stock transfer, thought i'd be cruel and ask this barely 17 year old lad what the difference was between cat.5 & cat.6 - and the reply? (even though he was loitering by the networking aisle) "i'll get manager" LMAO

Dazza :cool:

lol :P
It's like no one can make decisions these days without consulting their manager!
me: "you can do these pair of shoes for £40"
assistant: "er..."
me" "of course you can"
assistant: "i need to get the manager"
assistant walks off
manger comes back
manager: "what seems to be the problem sir?"
me: "can you do these pair of shoes for £40?"
manager: "certainly sir"
end
I mean, why can't people think on their feet, i would. What is wrong with people....

makes you laugh! it's the same everywhere though, we need to stop employing mind-less drones lol, i wonder if we could convince a uk centre to let daniweb take over for the day?? hmmmm

Dazza :cool:

We would be the best workers by a mile, and the rest :P
I get dibs on manager :D
Seeing as i have a business mind...

Now that we all agree on the lack of value in pc call centres, is someone planning on writing a book about how to run a call centre??????????

I think it might prove more financially viable than running a call centre by Daniweb! We don't have any,

.... I need to ask the manager....
.... how old is your operating system sir...........
.....when would you like this fixed............
....sorry but we cannot find any problem with your pc.......:D

I know, why don't we run these tech people, all they use is a handbook, we have a brain :D
Everyone on here could easily be a better 'tech guy' than the one's PC World have :)

Um, because we already have or at least aspire to have better jobs than fielding hundreds of phone calls from clueless people who have no idea how to operate their computer yet they expect you to magically make it work over the phone?

> Now that we all agree on the lack of value in pc call centres, is someone planning on writing a book about how to run a call centre??????????
What a good blogging idea, i shall do that later today if i have time :)

>I mean, why can't people think on their feet, i would. What is wrong with people....

Probably afraid of getting fired.

Yeah, probs that hbk, but these people arn't drones controlled by a main hub!
They have a mind of their own!
Sorry for the networking related pun :P

i never had such a problem with orange or o2 cause i am a top up sim haha

Same here hamanda_1990, top-up cards are so much easier, and you can't get into debt, which is always good :)

yup :)

i have an orange top-up too its easier that way (i dont use my phone a lot)

Vodafone is best though, most coverage where i live :)
Only vodafone gets a top signal where i live, all others have 0 or like 1 bar of signal!

Tesco rocks........... not. Except i can get a really good recpetion at work, and my mate can't :D

tesco usually gets good reception (they are owned by 02 who are owned by BT)

I like orange because its about the only network that gets any signal in scotland

My house is one of the few places (typical) that:
A: lands on the centre line of maps, or on the page edge
B: gets no digital signal
C: gets barely any phone signal
What fun for me !

same, lol you know my house in scotland?

we dont get channel 5 or gas and the dialup is 13kbps and yet were supposed to be the first place in the country to turn off analog tv and switch over to digital in a few years

Have fun with that, and also you get swithed in 2009, 2008 is the first which is the north of england.
In the south east we don't get ours turned over til 2012! ~ just as the olympics come to town...

yeah the second quarter of 2009

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.