Nice one...keep posting:)

cheers. I will when i think of some more stuff
:P

Seeing as the rugby world cup is on: "Rugby is a game of tyrants played by gentlemen, football* is a game of gentlemen played by tyrants".

Can't remember where I heard it or who wrote it first. Also it's slightly paraphrased.

* ie soccer.

"Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition."
- Jack Handy

"To repeat someones idea takes education but to challenge someones idea takes brains."

If you fear nothing, you love nothing.
If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?

If you fear nothing, you love nothing.
If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?

I don't get it.

why would being afraid make you have joy in life

I guess he meant fear of 'God'. ;-)

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.
~ Barbara Hall

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
~ Ben Stein

The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
~ Dick Werthimer

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x, y is play and z is keeping your mouth shut.
~ Albert Enstein

To follow, without halt, one aim. There's the secret of success.
~ Anna Pavlova

You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor. That just happened to me. It was scary.
~ Juuso Heimonen.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

When your fear touches someone's pain, it becomes pity. When your love touches someone's pain, it becomes compassion.
- Stephen Levine

The first and the best victory is to conquer self. ------Plato

What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not do. --------Aristotle

It's not the work that's hard, it's the discipline.

No its the work.

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. -- Isaac Asimov

You have obviously never done any hard work!

Anybody can lie, but it takes a politician to be good at it. -- Earl Armour

Pity the man who inherits a million and isn't a millionaire.
Here's what would be pitiful,if your income grew and you didn't.

You will never be a leader unless you first learn to follow and be led.

The people who remained victorious were less like conquerors than conquered.

Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map.

"Never argue with idiots, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
:)

Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.

My mentor said,"Let's go do it"not "You go do it."
How powerful when someone says,"Lets!"

Many of us are more capable than some of us . . . but none of us is as capable as all of us!!

I was unhappy because I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet .

Never argue with an inanimate object.

Every great leap forward in your life comes after you have made a clear decision of some kind.

A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better.

The earth is borrowed from our children, not inherited from our parents. - Emma Polk

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.