Splitting ones head of the corner of the kitchen cupboard whilst give ones dog a treat, is not beneficial to oneself.

Splitting ones head of the corner of the kitchen cupboard whilst give ones dog a treat, is not beneficial to oneself.

Sorry to read that! Hope you are getting better!

Elephants sleep standing up.

"If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent."
–– Isaac Newton

The people who remained victorious were less like conquerors than conquered.

I think this actually refers to Israel. They were conquered by the Romans and left for dead. Now they are one of the smartest and strongest countries on earth.

That which does not kill me, makes me stronger.

Something for drunk drivers to remember after the accident.

The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance.

Empty pockets will hold back a pickpocket.

Might hold back the politicians too, since they always have their hands in other folks pockets.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I don't have a book of sayings from which I can post one every day. You have to bear with me for whatever comes up.

"Even a blind chicken will find a piece of corn every now and then."

I don't have a book of sayings from which I can post one every day. You have to bear with me for whatever comes up.

"No pain, no gain!"

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.