"Those who know how to win are more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories."
-- Polybius

I don't have a book of sayings from which I can post one every day. You have to bear with me for whatever comes up.

"Time heals all wounds!"

There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from making bad programs. -- Larry Flon

There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from making bad programs. -- Larry Flon

I think that might be a 'vernacular' way to state Goedel's Second Incompleteness Theorem
<insert weasely smiley here>

Work like a man who is going to live foreever!

I remember it this way:
Celebrate like you would only live one more day!
Postpone your work like you would live forever!

Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.

Empty pockets turned out and nailed to a fence could.

Treat objections as request for further information.

Taken to extremes, that is a good way to get beaten up or thrown in jail. :P

Knowledge is not what you can remember, but what you cannot forget.

Good one debasisdas!

The illiterate of the 21st century will be those who cannot unlearn!

Happiness is not an accident.Nor is it something you wish for.Happiness is something you design.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your promotion.

Scarlett: I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. - GONE WITH THE WIND

like it....

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.