What size is your computer monitor? Just wondering...

Recommended Answers

All 46 Replies

19" LCD (black last-generation dell + annoying humming)
19" LCD (silver curent-gen dell)
19" CRT (Best picture ever, really old dell one)
17" CRT (Fujitsu siemens circa 2000 - crappy)
17" CRT (Olivetti - circa 1996 - good but the speakers dont work)
15" CRT (AST circa 1993 - very good - can get 1024x768 lol )

also a thinkpad with a ~15 LCD and a PDA with ~2.5inx3in LCD screen (Not vga)

Home - 19" Viewsonic CRT (LCD still weren't up to games very well when I bought it)

Work - 3 19" LCDs

mmm i think current-gen LCDs are good but i hate the ones (esp. laptops) that have that shiny coating on them to improve contrast. It reduces the viewing angle too much and the ones that dont have it look washed out. IMHO none of my LCDs have as good a colour as my CRT

I tried out a few LCDs 2 years ago, when response times were still in the 15+ ns range and had backlighting issues. I just didn't like them for gaming so I returned them. Ended up sticking with the CRT. The current lines have much quicker response times (6-8 ns), but I haven't bothered to try them out again. I'm guessing they are much better now.

they are there nice and repsonsive now, the only thing is the colours, either you get washed out colour or the stupid shiny coating

15.4" on my Toshiba M115.

I have a 17"

I have a 15.4" on my mac book pro and a 19" that i extend into while im at home. It has one of the shiny coatings on it which i actually quite like however i woud never get it on a laptop monitor as it would scratch to easily.

Im currently working on a 19" widescreen that cost about $250 AUD which is not bad and seems good enough for gaming for me however my one at home which cost nearly double that would be better for gaming. Cheapest is not always best.

You can definatly see the difference in adjustability when you spend a little bit more on your monitor as well. The one i have at the moment you can not adjust at all. Where is my one at home has a 360 degree rotation on the base a 360 degree rotation on the back for tilting back and forth and an arm that gives you a very generous height adjustment. enough to stand the montior up on its short ends without scraping the sites on your desk or stand. Although why you would ever want to do such a thing short of a 2 19" 1 30" setup is beyond me.

I have a 17" LCD at home and a 20" LCD and 19" CRT at work. And 15.4" on my laptop.

i have 2*22" inch screen both from lg thats it i only have 1 pc but plenty harddisks i even mark them so i won't forget them khkhkh windows xp windows vista and i bought a new one for ubuntu people i can't help it i ain't got time or enough money to buy 3 computer's and afford the electric bill

i got them both screens in one pc very very awesome and it works perfect with the virtual desktop very very awesome idea thanx cousin for makin it happen :)

19" LCD (black last-generation dell + annoying humming)
19" LCD (silver curent-gen dell)
19" CRT (Best picture ever, really old dell one)
17" CRT (Fujitsu siemens circa 2000 - crappy)
17" CRT (Olivetti - circa 1996 - good but the speakers dont work)
15" CRT (AST circa 1993 - very good - can get 1024x768 lol )

also a thinkpad with a ~15 LCD and a PDA with ~2.5inx3in LCD screen (Not vga)

god wut the hell ................. how many computers you got?????

>What size is your computer monitor?
A multi-selection poll would probably have been more appropriate. Regardless, I put down my largest screen (24 inches).

>god wut the hell ................. how many computers you got?????
Pffft, you obviously haven't met a computer geek before. I'll admit that even my collection of computer monitors is rather skimpy.

12" LCD (Toshiba Satellite laptop)
13" LCD (MacBook)
15" CRT (old no-name PC)
15" CRT (not SVGA! It's from an old 386 clunker)
17" CRT (another old no-name PC)
19" CRT (AMD Athlon rig)
20" LCD (iMac screen)
24" LCD (Dell flatscreen that Dani gave me)

i have so many 17" CRT monitors its not funny and it costs like $20 each to throw them out. I think i have 15 about at the moment

yeah actually i never met a computer geek before

It costs £50 (~$100) to throw out 1 desktop base unit here so right now i have a stack of like 8 x486es lol

17" CRT's both at home and work. :-(

why are you sad then you want to destroy one of them why don't you send it to me :)

like all monitors, mine are too small. Whatever the actual size in inches, that's the only description that matters :)

2I have a laptop with 15.4. A bit cramped for running flash and blender.

15.4" on an acer aspire laptop

17" LCD, that came with my comp when i first bought it :P
Works gr8 in 1280 by 1024 resolution :)

I never use anything above 1280x1024 or else it hirts my eyes. For some games i use 1024x768 for speed reasons

larger screens can handle higher resolutions.
And some people seem to be able to handle them even on smaller screens...
Got a friend who uses 1600x1200 and higher on 17" TFT screens.
He recently bought a 23" screen to go even higher, to 2560 wide...

Panasonic have a 103" HD Tv on sale
Imagine that 103"... You need a special room for it.

my 22" monitors one like this

i bought them both cause the one came with the pc sucked

the lg is the newest :)

I love LG and Samsung.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.