:)

i would have to say.. brains. a pretty face gets boring after a while and brains keeps u entertained to an extent. hate to feel inferior intellect wise.

Yea, but she can't be smarter than me :) There a range of intelligence she must have, not stupid, yet not too smart either ;)

Interesting ... there have been at least two studies I know about on this topic. One was a few years ago by TV news show concerning the love live of successful, but not necessarily great looking, women. Most of these women were also single and lonely because most men were to scared of them, which goes long with Josh's comment about not being too smart.

The other study I saw just a few days ago in one of those tabloid (smut) magazines -- women who are beautiful, successful, and lonely. Much of their problem was also that men don't want to date such women.

It would seem that very smart and/or very beautiful women turn most men off -- or men are too afraid to approach them. And that probably explains why movie stars date and marry other movie stars. Most men will probably fantisize about being with a great looking movie star, but thats all it is -- a fantisy. In real life we choose a partner who is more like ourselves.

Ah, well I don't think men are turned off by the beautiful, rich, and famous.. In fact, I believe quite the opposite is true for them.. these wealthy/beautiful individuals do not want to date the 'common man', but desire others who are like them... b/c hell, If you don't think I would date any celebrity (well, around my age) in a heartbeat then you are dead wrong. :)

As for the former statement regarding the more intellectual women.. I'd say it is probably accurate. Most guys wouldn't enjoy dating someone who is smarter than themselves... me included.. It actually is a turn-off.

Most guys wouldn't enjoy dating someone who is smarter than themselves... me included.. It actually is a turn-off.

Good luck finding a girl then... :icon_twisted:

j/k, but I couldn't resist.

I wouldn't mind if the girl was smarter than me, so long as she wasn't a bitch about it.

@ ancient dragon

i read a similar study several years ago and you are right. both men and women tend to prefer what is normal or average in their societies above exceptional beauty.
end @ ancient dragon

for myself i think i would go for total beauty if i can find it and if she would want me back! but then again the easiest way for a girl to impress me is to beat me in something intellectual! of course narue is the only female who has ever managed to do that although about four or five has matched me in some things and i still am in awe of them. also i am not afraid of a woman more intelligent than me although i admit that it is both a bit disturbing and exceptionally rare. a final note on the beauty thing. the beauty must be what i consider beautiful. even though there are similarities in what humans say are beautiful we all tend to have preferences and i want my preferences before i select it over brains.

@ christina
>If a man doesn't have intelligence, he has nothing. He can't financially provide for me or take me out to nice >restaurants. Unless of course, the attractive guy has money. :P

now this is really interesting. not that i want to act like narue or anything but i did not realise that american women still need men to take care of them? by the way. that beatiful guy is probably a movie star or a model and then you would never have to work again for the rest of your life.
end @christina

by the way my brother had ( and i suspect still has secretly ) this really nice saying. i am going to translate it into english. it does not carry the same punch but it should still come out OK.

my brother: "in this day and age you can no longer marry a woman who does not have any money!"
the point is beauty vs brains only? what about the money!

@ christina
>If a man doesn't have intelligence, he has nothing. He can't financially provide for me or take me out to nice >restaurants. Unless of course, the attractive guy has money. :P

now this is really interesting. not that i want to act like narue or anything but i did not realise that american women still need men to take care of them? by the way. that beatiful guy is probably a movie star or a model and then you would never have to work again for the rest of your life.

Well still, I wouldn't marry a man who couldn't provide for himself.

>Well still, I wouldn't marry a man who couldn't provide for himself.

excellent point. i was just teasing you anyway.

commented: ;) +14

@ ancient dragon

the easiest way for a girl to impress me is to beat me in something intellectual! of course narue is the only female who has ever managed to do.

Quintoncoert :* narue ;) (LOL, only joking :D)

:$ sorry for excessive smiley use

Quintoncoert :* narue ;) (LOL, only joking :D)

:$ sorry for excessive smiley use

funny. in fact very funny.

i admit that like narue. in fact i like her a lot. but i am not sure if i like her in that particular way.

reasons. firstly we are seperated by 10 000 miles of atlantic ocean and i think it might be just a bit difficult to kiss a girl over a telecommunications line.

second you must admit that it is more than just plain difficult to fall in love with a girl you have never ever seen in your entire life.

thirdly i can laugh about this but i am not sure how narue will react. i have seen that she is a tad aggresive so she might wish to rip someone's liver out. i was my hands in inocence since i did not put this particular thought in your head.

lastly. and most importantly. you are only quoting half of what i am saying. you are quoting the second part of a sentence and in modern english the initial part of a sentence is of emphatic value.

commented: :) +18

yeah i was only joking :) i hope she doesnt take my joke the wrong way and kill me ;)

yeah i was only joking :) i hope she doesnt take my joke the wrong way and kill me ;)

i am not sure that you will have to worry.

if she is the type to kill for something like this then i am sure that i am going to be first on the list.

LOL. Anyway, back to the original topic...

have you heard this one?

3 people are at a bus stop to get the last bus out of the area as something bad is going on (e.g a flood)

You however have a car but it only has 2 seats. The 3 people at the bus stop are:

old woman who needs the hospital
rich buisnesman who would pay you $$$
woman of your dreams

who do you take?

>who do you take?

old woman who needs the hospital
woman of my dreams

for me this is kind of a no-brainer. however i am going to love seeing the replies of others!

This is an old one.

I would give the car to the business-man and ask him to drop the old woman to the hospital and wait with the woman of my dreams on the bus stop. :)

yes thats what i thaught

As for the former statement regarding the more intellectual women.. I'd say it is probably accurate. Most guys wouldn't enjoy dating someone who is smarter than themselves... me included.. It actually is a turn-off.

The proverbial s*** and that explains it.

My choice of female who thinks she is smart and bitches all the time, or women with a good body and I can tell to be quiet is obvious! There is nothing more deflating to man than excessive bitchig.

I have no luck with girls, so far all my girlfriends have been ugly and complain all the time.

Brain:
An enchanting brain has to be capable of a balanced mix of creativity, wit and
understanding. My bosses brain contains the C++ manual in every detail, but
otherwise he is rude and crude and devoid of any people skills. He has a very
ugly wife and three very ugly children. She is a good cook, and they both have
put on weight in places that should prevent the birth of very ugly child number
four.

Beauty/Body:
Women should be cute with fatty tissue properly distributed.

Men should be tall and handsome. If you are the typical out of shape mouse
potato that is standard fare in computer departments, you have to make up for
your deficiency with money, sports car and/or alcohol.

commented: haha +14

I have no luck with girls, so far all my girlfriends have been ugly and complain all the time.

i liked your honesty... lol

hahaa.. that cracks me up, man :D

there's something odd in here... i haven't read any posts about the idea of a smart girl with plastic surgery...

that way, you choose brains, but you eventually get booty too...

there's something odd in here... i haven't read any posts about the idea of a smart girl with plastic surgery...

now that is a good idea! why did i not think of that? and since she can afford plastic surgery she is rich too. it is a three in one package!

now that is a good idea! why did i not think of that? and since she can afford plastic surgery she is rich too. it is a three in one package!

But you have to look at it this way, if a woman gets plastic surgery for her (ex. breasts or gluteus maximus), this would imply that she is insecure about herself -- in almost all situations. And from what I've always seen, men do not like insecurity... they like confidence.

... not always:icon_rolleyes:

hah I read somewhere that women who get any kind of plastic surgery have a higher rate of suicide. This goes hand-in-hand with what Christina said.

That's because no smart girl will get plastic surgery... :icon_wink:

... not always:icon_rolleyes:

That's why I said in almost all situations. Key word: almost. :icon_rolleyes:

hah I read somewhere that women who get any kind of plastic surgery have a higher rate of suicide. This goes hand-in-hand with what Christina said.

Haha... that's hilarious.

That's because no smart girl will get plastic surgery... :icon_wink:

Exactly. I just think it's a waste of good money.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.