Well. I haven't read the rest of these pages but I don't think I could stand dating someone who didn't interest me intellectually. I would definitely get bored after a week (from experience). Without a doubt personality/intelligence would be near the top of my 'list', while looks do not hold such a high proiority. Sure, both would be good though :)

what if she tricks you into thinking she is intelligent?

or even worse. most of the females that i have met in my life seems to think that it is better to play the dumb card. acting like a brainless fool. i dont know why. perhaps they they think it is best to hide their intelligence in case of future battles or perhaps they think most men prefer idiots.

the point is. what if she is intelligent but then pretends to be stupid?

what if she tricks you into thinking she is intelligent?

Then she is, or you aren't. Any way around, you're a match.:twisted:

>> what if she tricks you into thinking she is intelligent?
Maybe she is intelligent then. I might give her a chance :)

>> what if she is intelligent but then pretends to be stupid?
One week. I've never had that problem before though. That'd be annoying.

@ chaky

lol. good one!

@twomers

yes. very annoying. especially if you go after her in the first place because you can see that she has some brains!

honestly? you never had that problem?

>> you never had that problem?
Nope. Never.
Maybe I'm just lucky.
Or attract smart people who don't pretent to not me smart.
Or maybe they're trying to be stupid but they're so smart that their respective stupid is smart ...

@ twomers

a friend of mine visited london. and he says that females there are a bit more forward. like they would occasionally ask you to date them or something like that. i suppose there is little point in showing half your colours and then pretending to be what you are not. perhaps ireland is not that different from england.

In my book, honesty goes a long way. Longer than any looks or brains.

Well.
I dunno. Maybe.

@ twomers

a friend of mine visited london. and he says that females there are a bit more forward.

Was he in Soho by any chance ;) (LOL im only joking)

and yeah girls are quite forward here

In my book, honesty goes a long way. Longer than any looks or brains.

I agree with you fully!

Playing wrongly dumb could fool you. However, there is a 95% chance that it is playing smart that will turn out to be wrong.

Brains don't keep you warm at night ;)

The lack of brains however does keep you warm?

(Just joined thread)

Honestly, if the girl with brains truly had brains then she would have a few of these attributes. The brains to keep herself healthy. In this way she isn't obese or underweight. The brains to maintain personal hygeine (she can smell nice). The brains to care enough about her apparence to shampoo/condition/take good care of her hair so it looks nice. The brains to use things like acne cream or whatever it's called. The brains to realize that although physical apparence and attractiveness aren't the most important things in the world, it still is important, and won't hurt, to keep up with yourself. And after all that, there's not much left to keep her ugly except her natural apperance that can't be changed anyway. And I find it hard to believe that after keeping up with your apperance so well that natural looks could be so bad.

I say all that because I consider myself to be an intellectual (not trying to be arrogant), but I make it a priority to eat right, exercise (run distance and swim team) to be physically fit, take good care of my hair, keep clear skin, shave, etc. etc. and I don't think I look too ugly, even if I'm not the most handsome guy in the world.

she isn't obese

finding thin girls these days is hard as everyone seems to be fat these days, maybe since they banned smoking or something, i dont know...

Well, someone with these "brains" would understand the importance of eating healthy and exercising. (I wasn't trying to offend any obese people but it is considered a medical condition) But I know what you mean. The United States is the number one country for obesity in the world. And after watching how so many people treat their own bodies, it's easy to see why.

A good sense of humor is often helpful. Most likely part of the brain.

. The United States is the number one country for obesity in the world. And after watching how so many people treat their own bodies, it's easy to see why.

Followed closely by scotland, i believe (fattest nation in europe)

and yeah no offense takene even although im kinda fat but i wouldnt call my self obese. i do exercise and *try* to eat well

Am i one of the only people who's doctor tells him to eat more? I think he is crazy because I think i am the perfect weight. Maybe my doctor wants me to become obese so that he can make more money off of me.

I think I've convinced about half my friends that I'm anorexic. On the other hand, I'm not overweight... :icon_wink:

I would rather be underweihgt than overweight. :)

Am i one of the only people who's doctor tells him to eat more? I think he is crazy because I think i am the perfect weight. Maybe my doctor wants me to become obese so that he can make more money off of me.

Our taxes keep going up because peoples obesity costs the NHS £££

>> A good sense of humor is often helpful. Most likely part of the brain.
Well. Brains and personality were put in the same hat. But I'm not certain if they go hand-in-hand. Anyone watch House?

>> Followed closely by scotland, i believe (fattest nation in europe)
I was working there last summer and within ... 10 minutes of starting work there someone asked me out. I'm not astronomically handsome or anything but this one was very very odd ... I said 'erm ... maybe. I'll let ya know', cause I was so shocked and did my best to stay away from her for the summer. Then she started to give me love letters ... So I've branded Scotland as the most forward country of them all now :)

>> I think I've convinced about half my friends that I'm anorexic.
This happens to me a lot - I find myself not having eaten in about 20 hours without intentionally having done so.

I fit in in scotland due to my gingerness, here in england i just get ridiculed :(

Can I alternate? Like one at night, other during the day? :icon_twisted:

Hmmm! That was the plot of a fantasy novel (I forget the author but his name begins with 'A' and all his book titles are puns) where the 'heroine' was cursed with a cycle that ranged from absolutely knockout good-looking w/no brains to hideous w/iq of 300 or something like that.

ah, well... my senior moment for the day.

Dr. Jackyl and Mrs. Hyde? he, he...

Yea, but she can't be smarter than me :) There a range of intelligence she must have, not stupid, yet not too smart either ;)

A couple of people have answered this way.

I married brains; she got her PhD in Plant Physiology (we used to fall asleep with her telling me stories of how plants move food and water around). We have fun discussion but -- Well, duh! I just realized she married beauty over brains.

I fit in in scotland due to my gingerness, here in england i just get ridiculed :(

awww *hugs JB*

commented: "I am female. I like wrestling. I am not gay." - awesome sig. Thanks for the *hug* :) +19

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.