I just wanted to say hello, and that daniweb has been a great help (and I have only been a member for a couple of days)!

One thing I have learnt is it is not what you know, but knowing what you don't that make the difference.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello. Welcome to DaniWeb ;)

One thing I have learnt is it is not what you know, but knowing what you don't that make the difference.

Ain't that the truth!

Welcome to DaniWeb. What's the weather like down in Cornwall?

At the moment it is sunny with heavy showers.

We were luck that we did not have the heavy rain seen by others.

I was holidaying with my family in East Devon when the latest floods hit, having escaped from a submerged South Yorkshire village just a couple of weeks before.

Made for an interesting drive home, up the M5, past Tewkesbury. If we had headed home a day earlier we would have been stuck all night, literally, on the M5 it appears.

Oh well, am off to a remote bit of Scotland (Moray Firth area) at the end of the week. It is pretty much expected to be wet and miserable there...

I am glad you were lucky and missed the floods.

I have some friends in the Orkney Islands and when I spoke to them about a week ago, and they were having a lovely hot summer!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.