Hey guys!!! this is my last <1000 post... soon to get my first star!!! :P

Rashakil Fol commented: Attention whore!!!!!! -1
Ancient Dragon commented: congrats for your first 1000 posts! +19
joshSCH commented: .. but I like whores ;-) +12

Recommended Answers

All 52 Replies

yay! good job!

how do you do that? you came in just 2/3 months before i did and you have 7 times my post count...

Geek's lounge... posting games... community introductions. I have a lot of time on my hands.

yeah... i see...

though, i'm pretty sure i',m online more than you... and i can't find anything to do...

Hmm.. that's strange.

anyway... i'm impressed...

Thanks.. I really wish I knew more about computers... because I would definitely help a lot of people out.

The way that I got started was just by reading the forums. Especially questions that have been solved already ... just read about the different types of problems people have, the types of questions the experts ask, and ultimately how the problem was resolved. Helps you learn neat little tidbits about computers while also improving your problem solving skills.

>Thanks.. I really wish I knew more about computers... because I would definitely help a lot of people out.

The quickest way to become 1337 is learn linux. I know this may sound biased but learning linux is _a lot_ easier than becoming a programming guru. You probably can learn linux in about ~2 months if you jump in the deep end. (aka use slackware, gentoo, arch, etc.) In the process of learning linux you will learn about operating system design, how to compile programs (and especially the kernel), how to troubleshoot effectively, networking, video cards, sound cards, cpu architecture, how to use regular expressions, and much much more. In fact you will inadvertently learn a programming language while your at it! Without even trying you will learn the fundamentals of bash and maybe lisp. (if you use a real editor that is ;-p) Incredibly you will also learn a bit about politics and law!

So if you want to be 1337 learn linux!

I agree, that's why I returned to Windows now :) The question is, it is good to be good at one thing at least.

agreed... :P

Congrats on #999!!!!!!

hah... that was a long time ago... (hmm... seems like it was just yesterday)... :P

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Well now i understand the mystery behind the 'star'....;)

Congrats Nichito for doing a great job...and keep working

Felicitaciones Nichito, for doing a great job! Pretty soon it will be 2 stars!

That's my boy! 'atta way, Niche ;)

1,067, and still counting!!!

(this one was just to keep my post count growing... :P)

Am I the only one who didn't think there was a mystery to the star?

i didn't know about the star after i started counting them and comparing them to the post count... :D

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Again congrats to Nichito to be Member of the Month..

thank you very very much...

hi
i need the guidence from u abtr the copy code for notepad pleas hlp me for this i am crrently in 2nd year of Bsc IT pls guide me a right path for carear

commented: No. -2
commented: no -4

Now that I've learned from you what the star means, can you tell me what the green boxes of "reputation" mean--how do you accumulate them. If its' by having someone add to your reputation, there are a lot of people here who deserve a lot of kudos...

commented: good question +2
commented: .. but not the place to ask. You could have done a daniweb search. -2
commented: one step towarf a green block ;) +20

In the line just above your message text is an option called "Add to efmesch's Reputation". You click there and fill out the questionaire.

I am not sure if it works in the Geeks' lounge. I think somebody used a robot program to hand out reps. That is why some of worst jerks (I am using that term lightly) have the best reputation marks.

Yes, Rashakil Fol created a program that handed out rep.. However, all that rep was removed.. and reputation in the Coffee House is no longer counted in your Reputation score.

I will have to answer every post with "LOL" to get my star! Same content as my present answers, but would save me a lot of typing.

LOL

... here we go, I have done it! The world has not ended! Wait, there is a knock at the front door!

The way that I got started was just by reading the forums. Especially questions that have been solved already ... just read about the different types of problems people have, the types of questions the experts ask, and ultimately how the problem was resolved. Helps you learn neat little tidbits about computers while also improving your problem solving skills.

yeah i joined here when i was like 14/15. Everything i know is prettymuch self-taught through google and daniweb. I always find daniweb helpful, i learn something every day.

Am I the only one who didn't think there was a mystery to the star?

Hahahah i have loads of stars :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.