http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20677230

UNION CITY, Ga. - A McDonald’s employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer’s burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail. [more]

This country is going insane!!!!!!!! (I see more and more proof of that EVERYDAY!)

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

That's a joke ... right?
Talk about a power-abuse!

Was this the person who cooked the patty, the person who assembled the sandwich, or the cashier?

it sounded like the person who cooked that patty meat. It was more than one seeing as she supposedly had a burger with the meat and it did not make her sick.

Well, he was right in arresting her - it was a-salt.
:P

Hehehe

A-salt on a police officer, no less!

It is insane!

She spilt salt on a burger, several pairs of hands were then allowed to remove it. And then it was served to a customer !! Gack!

:twisted:

Agreed, it is gross and perhaps a health code violation, but I don't believe that is a misdemeanor. I'm sure Officer Salty-Burger will be hearing quite a lot over this one.

I'm pretty sure it was before it was "cooked" because the person making it had a burger made with that meat and the police officer had a burger made with the meat. Seeing as it had not been cooked yet it was probably not in health code violation.

Why is the employee in jail? Wouldn't the company be held responsible?

Allow me to play devils advocate here for a moment (Rest assured I do NOT think the employee - or anyone at the restaurant - deserved jail over it...) but how often have you heard stories of disgruntled fast-food workers slipping more into meals than should be there - hair, snot, semen, etc? Police officers are prime targets for this and perhaps he was a little sensitive...(Anyone ever seen the movie "Waiting"?)

>> slipping more into meals than should be there
There was a story once where I live where someone was working in a bar and it was his/her last night and they thought they'd do something they hadn't done before so they put a dishwasher tablet into someone's drink. The person lost the sight in one of their eyes then.

But why are they in jail? Were they in court already? What happened to due-process?

I don't really get your post. Who are you saying is right?

>> I don't really get your post.
Haha. Thanks.

>> Who are you saying is right?
In the last post nobody.
Jail over bad food ... I think there's no question about that who's in the wrong there. I misread and thought the worker was still in prison.

>> I
>> Who are you saying is right?
Jail over bad food ... I think there's no question about that who's in the wrong there. I misread and thought the worker was still in prison.

Yes, if it is known that an employee deliberately and malitiously put poison in the food then he/she should be jailed. It would have been murder had the cop died of salt overdose, just as if the employee had put rat poision in the meat.

I understand what you mean. But as the employee said: If it was too salty why didn't he not eat it?

that is the most ridiciulus thing i've read. what a retarted policeman, he should be the one in jail.

If serving bad food would get folks into jail, we need to build plenty more jails.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.