Freedom Fries?

Ive just had a pot-roast. Silverside of beef with yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and stewed vegetables, all with onion + sage gravy. Mmm.... tasty

Haha, freedom fries! That is what one republican Senator from Ohio had government restaurants rename french fries, because he hated France.

Generally, I just call them fries so I don't run afoul with our government.

Ate vegetarian today, squash, nuts, snap peas and carrots in a soy cream souce.

why do you hate france?

I think the good senator from Ohio hated France because they didn't play along with the Irag adventure. There was/is also a boycott of French goods in the USA by some folks of the same twisted ilk.

Well it's a free country and you are allowed to hate anyone you like to hate!

they didn't play along with the Irag adventure.

Well, look whose laughing now :(

I wish we had been like them

Freedom Fries?

Ive just had a pot-roast. Silverside of beef with yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and stewed vegetables, all with onion + sage gravy. Mmm.... tasty

wow...! jbennet sounds yummy:D, can you please post brief in Dani's Cookbook (Sticky thread). :)

I'm not happy about the fact that: I'm not eating anything right now. I am unhappy with that fact because I am feeling very hungry.

I`m in the same situation as you :(

You had lucky charms (ripoff brand) too?

I am having a bowl of "Honey Bunches of Oats" with almonds, but all I could find for milk was Vanilla Soy Milk. I think my sister swiped all the real milk.

If its scotch its Whisky, if its irish its whiskey

Way Kool! I did not know that (I never had a bottle of each in front of me <nor a frontal lobotomy - sorry, old joke> to see the spelling differences). I wonder where the spellings diverged; maybe after the Irish settled Scotland kind of like we changed the spellings of a lot of our words after we separated ourselves from England (dropping the 'u' from all those words like labour and colour).

Oh, well - thanks mate.

yeah, scots took it, improved it and made it famous

same for bagpipes, they were irish in origin but now they are the musical symbol of scotland

Fried meat with lettuce and a cup of tea

burger + tea is my fave to eat at footlball games

Coffee with a shot of egg nog and a thick slice of raspberry danish twist.

what is egg nog?

Eggnog (or egg nog) is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg.

Wikipedia

Not really. A lot of people I know that try it really like it the first time, even little kids.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.