Howdy. I just joined. At 53, I'll bet I'm near the right end of the age curve. I've been playing with computers since I first purchased an Apple II+ decades ago. Currently, I'm running Ubuntu Linux, and prefer it to Windows for a multitude of reasons.

For the past 6+ years, I've been administering a local companies small LAN and their 20+ web sites. I'm stronger at web development than I am at graphic design, though my job throws all sorts of tasks at me. I'm familiar with PHP, HTML, CSS and Javascript. I use Photoshop and Illustrator at work.

Personally, I like the strange stuff. Movies include PI and Eraserheads. Authors include Vonnegut and Tom Robbins. Artists include Escher and Dali.

I graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in English. Prior to my current job, I was a mailman. I guess that I completely misunderstood when my counselor told me that my degree would make me a man of letters....

Anyway, glad to be here. Hope to log on fairly often. --bugman (aka schizoman)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there,I am also into PHP right now.Welcome to Daniweb!!

Welcome to Daniweb!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.