Hi all. I am having a hell of a time figuring out a problem.....I recently moved my files over to a new host and transferred domains etc. Now my wholesale site wont work...by that I mean when someone tries to register, they get a 403 access forbidden error when clicking Submit. I checked CHMOD etc and everything looks ok. I have a feeling that the .htaccess files are causing a problem now since the files are all on a new server, but I cant figure it out. I tried renaming all the .htaccess files to see what would happen....the 403 error goes away, but it takes me to the page not found error. Not sure how the page isnt found, all folders were upload to the new host.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Something similar happened to me when I copied my website files to another directory on my host in order to make and test modifications.

As it turned out, the new directory was not accessible to the outside world. I called up my ISP and he made the new directory public. This fixed the problem.

Hope this helps,

Hoppy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.