On a freakin' bicycle!!

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Oh my goodness...that's carzy....not many cars can do that. Well time for me to head to the alps...

I saw it first and thought kmph. It's crazy, eh? Pass the alps, zan, go for the himalayas!

Oh my goodness...that's carzy....not many cars can do that. Well time for me to head to the alps...

hmm, weird cars you have there...
I own a little Ford Fiesta with a 1.3 liter engine. It does 190kmh (which is just short of 130mph) when I put the pedal to the metal down a gentle slope (though it takes a while to get up to that).
I don't often do so, too dangerous, but it can do it.

Is is really all that hard to go 130 mph when riding down a mountain sloap; now do that riding UP hill and that would be a grand achievement. ? Certainly Mr. Stoeckl diserves all the glory and attention for doing it, but I would think it could be somewhat easily achieved by other athletes.

jwenting....i was being sarcastic...but point taken....how about your Ford vs my bycicle...or better yet....ur Ford vs my Spura?...jst joking...but i'm not ready for a bike off the mountains yet...i had enough falls off my bike living in the caribbean.

With the way things are made today HE IS LUCKY IT DIDNT FALL APART AT THOSE SPEEDS!

Lucky indeed...

Is is really all that hard to go 130 mph when riding down a mountain sloap; now do that riding UP hill and that would be a grand achievement. ? Certainly Mr. Stoeckl diserves all the glory and attention for doing it, but I would think it could be somewhat easily achieved by other athletes.

Actually it is an accomplishment. Alot more goes into than just jumping on a bike riding down a hill. Riding on snow isn't easy. Riding on snow at 130mph and not losing control is certainly an accomplishment. He beat the previous record by 14mph that was set 8 years ago. If it is so easily achievable, I'm sure someone would have done it before now.

Skydivers can achieve a maximum of 120 mph during the free fall part of their dive. So 130 mph is a real achievement!

actually, one man has managed to break the sound barrier in freefall.
He did start from rather higher than most skydivers of course, a balloon floating in the stratosphere.

This was part of a high altitude ejection test for the USAF in the 1950s or '60s.

Got any references for that? It'd be interesting to look into the details.

Wow that is fast!
A guy in england recently got arrested for doing 174mph on a motorway! Fastest speeding person to be convicted. He got jailed for 10 Weeks after doing it in his Porsche. :P

Wow that is fast!
A guy in england recently got arrested for doing 174mph on a motorway! Fastest speeding person to be convicted. He got jailed for 10 Weeks after doing it in his Porsche. :P

Jail for speeding? Your prisons must be mighty empty! In the US you barely go to jail for murder because of overcrowding.

Wonder what the highest speed is for a runner?

>> Jail for speeding?
Speeding. Dangerous driving.
They like to make examples of extreme cases, I reckon.

Dang that looks like fun.

Dang that looks like fun.

Yes, and you'd better have a clean pair of britches at the finish line :)

Jail for speeding? Your prisons must be mighty empty! In the US you barely go to jail for murder because of overcrowding.

Actually our prisions are full to the point where our government is letting people out to make room! :P Ridiculous i know.

I watched the video of this. It looks like they purposefully edited out the stop/fall

Wow that is fast!

only 174? I could sneak up on that record in my 735...
Did he pull over? Or was it a big intercept deal and that's why he got 10 weeks?

He got flashed by either a mobile police unit with a speed gun, or by a mounted speed camera that we have lots of on our A roads :(
Best place for speed in the UK is the isle of Man, no speed limits outside of towns :)
But way back in the 60's a guy went down the M1 (first motorway in britain) in a Le-Mans spec AC Cobra (British version of a Shelby Cobra) and hit like 180+ . that's why speed limits were impossed. All because of that one man we have to travel at 70mph max on the motorways.

"The faster you go the younger you stay!" Theory of relativity mister policeman!

The autobahn is the place to drive if you want to stay young.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.