Hi everyone,

I'm a programmer who has been around a long time. I've seen everything from vacuum tubes and punched cards to nanoseconds an terobytes and everything in between.

Now, I'm embarking on a new career. Freelance programming over the Internet. It's going to be interesting, hopefully enlightening and maybe even profitable.

To me, programming is like life itself. I do it for pay, I do it for fun. It fills my head with ideas. It fills my soul with joy. Sometimes it also even fills my stomach. I guess, I'm kind of a boring guy. I sort of have a on-track-mind.

Anyhow, I've spent the last few days looking around this forum. I've asked some questions. I tried to make some helpful comments to other members with questions. I guess that I'll visit DaniWeb every few days and see what's going on. See if I can help anyone, maybe get some help with some my up-coming issues.

Hoppy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb! It sounds like you might be right at home in the software development area.

Hi Hoppy, welcome to DaniWeb.

Hi everyone,

I'm a programmer who has been around a long time. I've seen everything from vacuum tubes and punched cards to nanoseconds an terobytes and everything in between.

Now, I'm embarking on a new career. Freelance programming over the Internet. It's going to be interesting, hopefully enlightening and maybe even profitable.

To me, programming is like life itself. I do it for pay, I do it for fun. It fills my head with ideas. It fills my soul with joy. Sometimes it also even fills my stomach. I guess, I'm kind of a boring guy. I sort of have a on-track-mind.

Anyhow, I've spent the last few days looking around this forum. I've asked some questions. I tried to make some helpful comments to other members with questions. I guess that I'll visit DaniWeb every few days and see what's going on. See if I can help anyone, maybe get some help with some my up-coming issues.

Hoppy

hi,

i am new .net , how can send sms using asp.net 1.0 with gsm modem serial port without webservice

I don't know much about .NET either. But I will look into it. A good source of info on almost any software technology today is [www.w3schools.com] That's where I will look anyhow.

Hoppy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.