Where is that thread about the huge star that was like 99999999x larger than our sun?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

There are an infinite number of stars like that!

Only if you assume an infinitely large universe in which they can exist. After all, you've also got to consider those between that and the sun's size, those approximately the same size as the sun, and all of those stars that are smaller than the sun. Then you've got to consider planets and planetoids, cometary material, and nebulae. Then you've got to take into account the amount of space that is, well, space. (Empty and without anything inside of it.) A finite universe has a limit to what it can hold; only an infinite universe would not.

Beyond the finite universe is most likely another finite universe.

Beyond the finite universe is most likely another finite universe.

Ahh but if there is another finite universe beyond the finite universe then whats to say its not just all one big infinite universe?

Technically, Lasher, I think you're defining an infinite multiverse, but you have a point.

Technically, Lasher, I think you're defining an infinite multiverse, but you have a point.

Yes but i mean what is to define where one ends and another begins.

Yes but i mean what is to define where one ends and another begins.

The large sign visible for five lightyears in each direction reading "You are now leaving universe NNN, next rest stop 530 gigaparsecs"?

[Yes, I know a physical distance wouldn't be used to measure space between universes in a multiverse.]

Personally i think it is more likely that there is an infinite number of infinite universes.

But then i did grow up on shows like sliders....

Actually our finite universe is as large as we can observe it. After that it makes no sense!

Actually our finite universe is as large as we can observe it. After that it makes no sense!

Finally someone with a good definition of finite!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.