If you are bald and would like to cure it, please do the following.

GET:

(a) 1 teaspoon of table salt

(b) 3 or more DROPS of regular tap water

(c) MIX water and salt into paste
(NOTE: use enough DROPS of water to get salt "grainy" NOT too watery)

(d) rub and massage into scalp and rinse off with water

(e) DO THIS ONCE A DAY ONLY UNTIL NEW HAIR GROWTH APPEARS

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Is that some wife's tale you quoted ? :)

It vaguely reminds me of the cure for AIDS thread.

(e) DO THIS ONCE A DAY ONLY UNTIL NEW HAIR GROWTH APPEARS

And if that fails at least you'll always have a shinning head. ;)

Thats interesting to say the least........

I would think SEA SALT would work better though. (And not washing it off) (As going in the ocean is very good for cuts,etc)

I assume this is iodized salt?

Does it really matter what kind of salt it is?

I suspect that it is the trace fluorides in the salt. Everytime I go to the dentist, she smears some fluoride paste on my teeth, and now I have hair growing between my teeth.

I read that excessive use of fluoride makes your teeth really brittle, but growing hair is news to me!

Hmm, I am trying to grow a mustache, maybe I should smear some of that Crest fluoride toothpaste on my upper lip!

Why is everyone making a joke about this??

Sometimes using NATURAL ELEMENTS produces MUCH BETTER RESULTS than anything man made!!

Good grief, sodium chloride is just a chemical compound!

Sometimes using NATURAL ELEMENTS produces MUCH BETTER RESULTS than anything man made!!

Because it's retarded.

>Why is everyone making a joke about this??
Probably because they see it for what it is: crap. The best explanation for this is probably directly from Usenet:

> If you are bald and would like to cure it,
> please do the following.

You know what this means, don't you? It means that someone read the reports linking table salt in male baldness...
> GET:
> (a) 1 teaspoon of table salt

> (b) 3 or more DROPS of regular tap water

> (c) MIX water and salt into paste
> (NOTE: use enough DROPS of water to get
> salt "grainy" NOT too watery)

> (d) rub and massage into scalp and rinse off with water

Yup. That's what happened. "Table salt has been linked to baldness? Why, I'm going to go on the web and tell people to cake their heads in table salt!"

If you haven't heard of lack of table salt being linked to male baldness, you had better start researching right now, because you clearly haven't done any lately.

Simply because it's funny. This "cure" sounds more like a lifetime advertisement for salt manufacturers.
I might add, be careful not to let the concoction spill on your nose--you might want to keep it bald.

How Do I Ask A Question About Pc Problem/software Install?

Hrmm, perhaps because the poster is a fruitcake? All three posts by this individual seem to indicated that perhaps he has soaked his own head in salt water for an extended period.

How Do I Ask A Question About Pc Problem/software Install?

Welcome to Daniweb! You would want to go under Tech Talk and then find the appropriate forum. Next time you should look a little harder before asking.

That's not a reason to discount it--most (if not all) medicines are "Just" chemical compounds. And salt is a good medicine for many things (think about gargling with salt water). But as a cure for baldness--well--that seems to be out of line. Unless someone can provide REAL proof of its success.

Welcome to Daniweb! You would want to go under Tech Talk and then find the appropriate forum. Next time you should look a little harder before asking.

Maybe what he meant was soft HAIR install and was really in the right strand? After all, perhaps the salt "cure" makes your new hair grow in hard. Who would want a shock of hard hair in front of a head with remnants of soft hair?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.