Hey guys,

We're getting ready to start planning for our Halo3 tournament. It's going to be double elimination, with 8 teams of 4 in Team Slayer to 50.
I'm curious as to what price to charge for tournament players.

I told Christina we had planned on $5 for entry and an extra $10 to join the tournament. 1st place gets $200 (+ other misc. swag). She mentioned this may be too steep, and $5 extra would be better.

What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

why isn't it free ?

The biggest crowd drawer is cash; we couldn't possibly offer $200 to the winning team without charging admission.

How is gambling on your own skill any different from gambling on someone else's skill?

I'll be paying $25 for a team tournament towards the end of the month. It is for charity though...

I figured we had more hard core halo3 players than this. =\
Maybe not the best place for this poll.

> I'll be paying $25 for a team tournament towards the end of the month. It is for charity though...
that's awesome. $25? You get food or anything?

I would pay the ten dollars, if I was a hard core player. With the chance to win money anybody who has an inflated image of their ability would easily pay because they think they would get the money back. 15 dollars isn't that much anyways.

I figured we had more hard core halo3 players than this. =\
Maybe not the best place for this poll.

> I'll be paying $25 for a team tournament towards the end of the month. It is for charity though...
that's awesome. $25? You get food or anything?

I don't know yet, but probably not. I think the format is going to be a couple games after work through a whole week or something, so getting food and drinks every day would eat up a bit of the donations...

A what???

commented: umpteenth attempt at reviving dead threads with nonsensical comments by midimagic today -2

I would negative rep your post for being random, stupid, and brining a month-old thread back to life with a post like 'a what??' however, I will have to wait until tomorrow b/c the system wont let me -rep you now.

commented: stop picking on midimagic -4

I did the honours for you ;)

Then why did it appear in bold (marked "New post")?

I usually don't look at the date of posts so marked.

Maybe you should look at the date.. it always says new post if there has been a new post since you've viewed the thread... idiot

Hey guys,

We're getting ready to start planning for our Halo3 tournament. It's going to be double elimination, with 8 teams of 4 in Team Slayer to 50.
I'm curious as to what price to charge for tournament players.

I told Christina we had planned on $5 for entry and an extra $10 to join the tournament. 1st place gets $200 (+ other misc. swag). She mentioned this may be too steep, and $5 extra would be better.

What do you think?

Id pay £5 ($10) tops

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.