Maybe we ought to stop cremations. People contain a fair amount of this dangerous carbon! No wonder they call humans "carbon units" in outer space.

I saw that Star Trek movie with the carbon units. Great movie, I think it was number one.

to install some sense of what the government is actually spending on things into its own staff.
They spend tax money like water as it is, not caring for the cost of things. The $10.000 cupholder story from the USAF may have been made up, but the phenomenon is real.

Actually this is a bad example The $10k ashtray/toilet seat/cup holder is worth every penny. Notice that it was the USAF - these items cost a lot because when you are in an airplane, taking fire, you do not want anything to shatter and become shrapnel so you spend a little extra to make sure. Also, keep in mind that the cost per item is fudged by including research costs.

I would like, at this time, to point out that no US government official ever threw a 20 million dollar birthday party that had ice sculptures peeing vodka; nor order a 10k shower curtain; and so on.

I know that all you Libertarian/conservative/Republican anti-government types love to castigate the Feds but there is no excess like private sector excess. If you think the phrase "I'm with the government, I'm here to help" is scary think about "I'm with Blackwater, I'm here to help" -- that is downright frightening.

You know that our government's answer to any problem is to attach a label. Just look at your next bottle of beer, wine or stuffed pillow.

The latest news item is a complaint by the association of blind people, that their constituents have a hard time hearing those Hybrid Cars on the road, and are in danger of being overrun.

I wish you had included a link because I really want to see what was really said and not what Rush said it said

Licensed to steal is very good. Hilliary the Hog should have one on her forehead as well as her rear end too

So can you explain what this is supposed to mean. I assume that you are referring to Hillary Clinton but I do not understand the 'hog' reference or the license to steal reference. Why should she have one on her forehead? Why on her rear end?

Shrillary Rodham Antichrist is the most fitting I've heard her called so far.

I kind of get the Shrillary thing -- shrill is usally a derogatory reference to a woman who speaks her mind and Rodham is her maiden name but where does antichrist come in?
Hey, my license plate reads 666 ??? and I am proud to bear such a license plate - so if you have a biblical reason to associate 666 with Hillary, I would like to hear it. If you are just 16 year old twit repeating what he heard on Rush, that too would be interesting.

chthulu rules!

I have just read Hillary called "Hitlary" as part of the cons' e-mail smear forward campaign. Calling the opposition names is one of the cons favorite. Like Obama is commonly "misspelled" Osama.

I wish you had included a link because I really want to see what was really said and not what Rush said it said

I think you are a nice person, so I aim to be nice too:
simply google for "hybrid cars blind" and you will find plenty details.

Thanks Lard! I guess I read too much into your post (though a link would have been nice). Blind folks aren't the only ones who need help - looks like the mp3 hipsters (myself included) will have to use our eyes more (note the dash, I am NOT implying the blind folks need to use their eyes more but it couldn't hurt, heh,heh). I know that I can often feel the heat from the engine of cars approaching my blindside.

I don't think that attaching noise-makers to a quiet car is much of solution. How about we attach radar to everything so we all know what everyone is doing (hmm, maybe we could put gossips to use??).

and, yes I am a nice guy with a sharp tongue and a hammer for a brain.

I found this exchange - I nearly spit my bourbon and coke all over my screen:
" I think the key here is that the vehicles are near-silent at SLOW speeds, so the safety risk is stuck on the driver.
Sure, it'll be mildly annoying when someone crosses the road right in front of you, but it's a small price to pay for the convenience of Hybrids.

Quote this comment #5.1 Posted by +Berserk87 on 04 Oct 2007 - 01:09
i wouldnt quite call a broken windshield and blood on my hood a "mild annoyance"
Quote this comment #5.2 Posted by joeydoo on 04 Oct 2007 - 02:47

Trip to the car wash + Auto glass come to you in a little van.. to your work if you want.

Just remember ... "I hit a deer, fuc*ker just ran out"....never fails.

Well that sounds very creepy. I've gone too far.

To clarify, I don't hit people in my car... even if they are blind."

Wonder what kind of label they attach to a 2000 pound bomb?

some names of the target

e.g they used to write adolf,heins and other germanic names on bombs in WW2

If you can read this, you are too close

commented: ^^ +1

If you can read this, you are too close

Now this is funny! Make the guy laugh before he gets blown.

Point this end toward target.

I liked these:

Hill and Billary Clinton.

JO(hn )KE(rry)

Point this end toward target.

Actually, they do say that I think.

Claymore mines say THIS SIDE TOWARD ENEMY

Considering how a claymore works, that's not surprising. A bit dismaying perhaps, but not surprising.

They must assume that you are smart enough to know where the enemy is coming from. The label should have a short instruction about this.

It also should have a label saying: "Detrimental to your health if detonated prematurely!"

I liked these:

Hill and Billary Clinton.

You are right, Leorge and Gaura Bush doesn't sound near as nice.

They must assume that you are smart enough to know where the enemy is coming from. The label should have a short instruction about this.

stinger missles have thier instructions in cartoon form

During the VN war the Viet Cong would sneak up and turn the Claymores around (those jokesters - do just about anything for a laugh) so the Marines ended up painting small reflective dots on the 'my side' side so they could tell at a glance (uh, from far away) if it was aimed correctly.

Y'all know that a claymore is a shaped-charge anti-personell mine that can be set off either remotely or by incursion,right?

It also should have a label saying: "Detrimental to your health if detonated prematurely!"

Claymore mines were used for perimeters - even US Marines knew the difference between in here and out there. The manufacturers weren't smart enough to label the mines so that you would notice when their aim had been modified so they were marked with reflective tape.
The incursion mines were termed 'victim initiated detonation'

Y'all know that a claymore is a shaped-charge anti-personell mine that can be set off either remotely or by incursion,right?

Sure we all know! Can't live without those sweet things.

If we didn't before, I'm sure we do now.

its also a sword

its also a sword

If I'm reading wikipedia right, it's two kinds of swords.

ive held one at a reinactment in scotland

Label on telephones:
"The Bush is listening!"

Government label on a chair:
"This is not a ladder."

A label for the NSA agent to attach to your e-mails:
"Any leftwing perception in this e-mail is purely accidental and should not be used to put the writer on the terrorist list."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.