Basically except for a few people

Will that be the day HE considers the experiment failed and throws all of mankind into the trash?

Perhaps we are already in the trash. Perhaps we started out in the trash to begin with and grew and developed in the manner of unchecked mold. Does it really make any difference at this point?

Perhaps we are already in the trash. Perhaps we started out in the trash to begin with and grew and developed in the manner of unchecked mold. Does it really make any difference at this point?

Yes. If we're not in the trash yet, then the experiment still has worth. If we are, as you put it, an 'unchecked mold', then we'll need to worry about when the Lysol and fungicides get broken out.

Yes. If we're not in the trash yet, then the experiment still has worth. If we are, as you put it, an 'unchecked mold', then we'll need to worry about when the Lysol and fungicides get broken out.

The Lysol may already be out and we just don't recognize it yet :)

> Will that be the day HE considers the experiment failed and throws all of mankind into the trash?
I'd blame the "designer" and point out all the faulty workmanship.
So much for omnipotence, can't even "design" one lousy biped, and get it to work properly.

I can just imagine it now, god "the student" joins a message board in a panic saying "My project was to design a universe and an intelligent lifeform. We had a month to do it, but I've been too busy partying and now I've only got 7 days to finish it, and I haven't even started!".

mmmm...end of the world?by all means.....

wat the hell are u talking about mr.codder?

wat the hell are u talking about mr.codder?

Might be just satire, used by more intelligent folks to handle bad news.

I think the end of the world will be more like 2013. There is always a delay in such big events.

... and then 2014 and so on ...

A new knowledge for me.Let me try to watch History Channel.

Are we talking about the earth? I have always looked at "world" as something larger than "earth".

Are we talking about the earth? I have always looked at "world" as something larger than "earth".

Our world is our earth seeing as we do not live anywhere else, as of now.

If this thread lasts till the end of 2012, we will have to change the title of it.

Is it even possible to change thread titles beyond marking them as solved?

The mods and admins can do almost anything, I suppose..

It might take five years to do so, but yes we can.

Going back to the question at hand, i doubt the planets lining up would cause the magnetic poles of the earth to move. There would have to be an extremely powerful event to cause that to happen. But the planets moving into a line would be a field day for astronomers, but i just can't see the world panic-ing over a calender that stops in 2012. Scarily enough in 2012, the last place in England (South East & London region) turns over to digital TV. So that could be the issue that the Mayans where predicting....

we change over where i go in scotland in a few months which is odd. How the hell are we supposed to get Digital TV when atm we dont even get 5 and only half of our town has gas or sewage

Is it even possible to change thread titles beyond marking them as solved?

Yes, mods can change them. And I will change this one in January 2013 if I'm still around. :)

[edit]Oops! No I can't because I don't monitor Geek's Lounge. Here I'm just like anyone else (almost)[/edit]

This forum could stand a balanced moderator like you AD! Please do us all a favor and apply for it.

[edit]Oops! No I can't because I don't monitor Geek's Lounge. Here I'm just like anyone else (almost)[/edit]

what forums are you mod of ancient?

i am water cooler, intros and tech talk

what forums are you mod of ancient?

i am water cooler, intros and tech talk

Look here.

ancient said

No I can't because I don't monitor Geek's Lounge

but according to that page, he does.

2012 is one of the times for the beginning of the Aquarian age. Pisces (the fish) probably began about 100-200 BC (when Jesus actually lived and ushered in the age-maybe) and so is associated with the Christian religion. In the Bible you find references to the age of Taurus, especially regarding Moses and the golden calf, etc., and I don't remember anything about Aries. We used to get questions about it in the library but not so much anymore. There are several times ranging from the 1960s to 2160 for the age to start. Each age is approximately 2160 years long, so 2160 would the be worst guess because it's just 0 CE to 2160. The 60s is probably too soon. So who knows about 2012. BTW, this is all taken out of context from accounts from before recorded history. These accounts also explain that each age is a sub-period of a larger cycle of 432,000 years. We are about 5,000 years into this larger cycle and so have a long ways to go.

If this thread lasts till the end of 2012, we will have to change the title of it.

Should we all put something in our calendars to post here once a month or so to keep it alive and at the appointed hour have an internet new year's party. Assuming we're all still here of course.

ancient said but according to that page, he does.

It has been 4 months since he said that. Things have changed. jwenting used to be the only Geeks Lounge mod but seeing as he is no longer a moderator they had to find a new person.

oh i see

ancient said but according to that page, he does.

That was posted before Dani and Happygeek gave me modly powers here :)

Assuming we're all still here of course.

I don't know about you but I will be :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.