Hello, everyone. I stumbled across this website while doing research for an English paper on the computer industry, and it looked like a nice place to I decided to sign up. I'm no newbie to forums (I've been a member of several and even moderated one), but I'm still fairly inexperienced with computers in general. I hope to learn a lot here. I found this template in a floated thread, so I'll use it for my intro:

Name: Allen, but I generally go by Mongooseman online
Nickname: Mongoose, 'Goose, MM
Height: 5'2" (approximate)
Weight: 210 (approximate)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Hobbies: Video games, reading, TV and movies, anime and manga, spending time with family and friends, and education.

Relationship Status: single

Fav Music: Classical/Orchestrated type stuff, movie/video game soundtracks, and Gospel/Bluegrass

Education: Currently a high school senior; I plan to get a BS in Computer Science after I graduate, and perhaps a MS as well.

Work: During the summer I work in the inventory department of an industrial electronics repair/remanufacture plant

Favorite Food: Mexican and Japanese food by far, but also pizza and cheeseburgers.

Favorite Movies: Original Star Wars Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, To Kill a Mockingbird... and I'm not a huge movie enthusiast.

Favorite TV Shows: Heroes, The 4400, and Monk.

Favorite Video Games: Zelda A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and The Wind Waker; Metal Gear Solid trilogy; Half-Life 2; Resident Evil 4; Golden Sun duology; Super Mario World.

Favorite Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, 1984, To Kill a Mockingbird, Timeline, Prey, and Sphere.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Welcome!

Welcome to DaniWeb, Allen.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Welcome! I really enjoyed The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Timeline, Prey, and Sphere. Have you read any of Michael Crichton's books?

Welcome! I really enjoyed The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Timeline, Prey, and Sphere. Have you read any of Michael Crichton's books?

I have indeed. In addition to the ones I listed, I've read Rising Sun, Disclosure, The Lost World, State of Fear, and Next. I've also seen The Andromeda Strain and The 13th Warrior, but not read the books they're based on. After I finish The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I'll probably read either Congo or Eaters of the Dead.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.