for the most part. in my opinion, doctors in the united states don't really do much work. Compared to other countries, doctors here a lot more assistants and nurses that do most of the work. Just like dentists, they don't do anything, they just look at your mouth and say "you need braces", or "you need fillings done" then their medical assistant does most of the work.
But i don't know, that's just my opinion.

That's got very little to do with honesty...

That's got very little to do with honesty...

Indeed.

>Medical professionals are pretty darn honest in my opinion.

for the most part. in my opinion, doctors in the united states don't really do much work. Compared to other countries, doctors here a lot more assistants and nurses that do most of the work. Just like dentists, they don't do anything, they just look at your mouth and say "you need braces", or "you need fillings done" then their medical assistant does most of the work.

I agree, that seems to be very true in a lot of cases (except for surgery).

>Medical professionals are pretty darn honest in my opinion.

You must be thinking about doing an honest day's work.

Well, used car salesperson getting me stuck with one lemon car is more immediate then politician getting my grandchildren stuck with trillions of dollars/euros in debt.

This thread is about who is more dishonest.. not their immediate impact on your pocketbook.

But politicians top the list. Among their lies:
- National health care can actually work.

It does work. Weve had it for ~45 years

commented: Query: Under what conditions of service and availability? +3

Anti-War activists and environmentalists will lie to get their way. Their ends "justify" their means.

Those who hate the President have told more lies than anyone else on the planet. Some of them are real whoppers. The sad part is that most of them believe the lies.

Overgeneralization

Anti-War activists and environmentalists will lie to get their way. Their ends "justify" their means.

Those who hate the President have told more lies than anyone else on the planet. Some of them are real whoppers. The sad part is that most of them believe the lies.

Of course the war has been started with nothing but lies!

like the lies that

a: iraq had wmd's that could hit us in 45 mins
b: iraq had anything to do with 9/11
c: the iraqis and afghanistanis wanted our help

This thread is about who is more dishonest.. not their immediate impact on your pocketbook.

I will always vote for the politician who lowers my tax burden.

I will always vote for the politician who lowers my tax burden.

These are the ones that are most dishonest?

like the lies that

a: iraq had wmd's that could hit us in 45 mins
b: iraq had anything to do with 9/11
c: the iraqis and afghanistanis wanted our help

Like in the song "the unthinking majority" by serj tankian, from system of a down, he talks about the war in iraq, and the only reason it started was for oil.

Pres. bush is a retard. he only wants oil, and cheap oil, and made up bull crap about bombs in iraq just so he could invade it. If he would have gone through the UN, they would have never let him because every one iraq never had those bombs.

That just goes to show you how dishonest politicians, especially repubilcans are.

If they 'never had those bombs', then exactly what was it Saddam was using on the Kurds?

i agree with the politicians and the corporate leaders, my discontent with the medical field is that I've seen Doctors trying to push whatever type of pills or pill manufacturer to the patient so he can benefit more by the patient becoming addicted or dependent on the med.

Overgeneralization

Yes, it seems to be what Midi does best. Don't expect him to provide any substantiation to his anti-liberal interjections. He just loves to jump on any chance to rail about those "damn leftys". It's getting pretty pathetic.

It does work. Weve had it for ~45 years

for enderX's benefit, the NHS provides free healthcare to all UK citizens. The only things that cost anything (but they are still cheapish as the govt. subsidises them) are cosemetics, prosthetics, experimental treatments/drugs etc...

If i, say got stabbed in the heart, then I would pay nothing whereas in the US it would be $$$

If they 'never had those bombs', then exactly what was it Saddam was using on the Kurds?

I read he used poison gas.

yeah mustard gas

He also used poison gas when he invaded Iran. I read that precursers were then supplied by the US. Somebody wasn't very honest here!

He also used poison gas when he invaded Iran. I read that precursers were then supplied by the US. Somebody wasn't very honest here!

Expand, please.

Expand, please.

i think that the us did give him it, like they did in afghanistan (that transport plane that was shot down in afghanistan recently was shot down with a US made Stinger missle which was given to the mujahadin (taliban now essentially) to fight the soviets with in the 1980s when they occupied them)

why the hell didnt we learn our lessojn about that anyway

british in 1839–42, 1878–80, and lastly in 1919 got thier ass kicked in afghanistan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

soviets got thier asses kicked in a 9 year war, ending only due to the fall of the USSR (the losses were on a scale comparable to Vietnam)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan

since then has been 20 years of civil war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_Civil_War_%281978-present%29

so wtf, WHY DIDNT WE LEARN FROM THESE MISTAKES!!

i just hope we dont end up like the soviets there

So, you're saying that, if you have two belligerent nations, both of which are vehement enemies of your own nation, you'd be against the idea of helping them to bleed each other off? To me, that idea makes sense.

You may want to look further in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Iraq_War
It states Sadam's use of mustard gas and sarin nerve gas against Iran. Serin nerve gas is complex chemical and was made from intermediates supplied to Iraq by Dow Chemical, with state department approval, officially for use in pesticides. I guess you could consider the Iranians pests.

I would put used car salesmen ahead of corporate leaders, and lawyers ahead of both.

Most corporate leaders are honest. The news media always focus on the few that aren't.

- The minimum wage actually helps the poor (only the ones it doesn't throw out of work).
- We need more tax money (eliminate the huge sports and arts subsidies instead).
- Arts are necessities.
- Sports are necessities.
- Entertainment is a necessity.
- Our ejukashun sistum is the wurld's finets.
- The other party caused all the trouble.
- A living wage can coexist with social programs.
- We need to keep track of every person in the country.

The one attribute that would make a politician one I would want to vote for is the lack of desire to run for office.

Sometimes I wish there was a death penalty for politicians.

Spoken like a true conservative :icon_rolleyes:

Originally Posted by MidiMagic
I would put used car salesmen ahead of corporate leaders, and lawyers ahead of both.

Most corporate leaders are honest. The news media always focus on the few that aren't.

- The minimum wage actually helps the poor (only the ones it doesn't throw out of work).
- We need more tax money (eliminate the huge sports and arts subsidies instead).
- Arts are necessities.
- Sports are necessities.
- Entertainment is a necessity.
- Our ejukashun sistum is the wurld's finets.
- The other party caused all the trouble.
- A living wage can coexist with social programs.
- We need to keep track of every person in the country.

The one attribute that would make a politician one I would want to vote for is the lack of desire to run for office.

Great list, but you forgot:
- Taxcuts are good for everyone.
- Rich folks' kids die in Iraq too.
- NAFTA will eliminate illegal immigration.

Tax cuts generally are good for (almost) everyone. The only people who don't directly benefit from them are those who don't pay taxes in the first place, and even they benefit from some of the side effects.

Define "Rich Folks", please. Are we working off of the Democratic Party's apparent definition of 'Family of four with combined annual income of $65,000.00 USD'? If so, then it's not a lie; if not, we'll discuss the issue further.

Exactly how would NAFTA have eliminated illegal immigration? I've never heard that one before.

It was one of the original arguments for NAFTA, it would create jobs in Mexico and keep their citizens from crossing the border looking for work.

$65,000 you got to be kidding! How can anybody live on that in style? I am talking about folks in our neighborhood, who could fill their pools with $100 bills with the Bush tax cuts alone!

I'm not the one who came up with those numbers. And from what I've seen, the really rich, as you've just described, tend to be democrats...at least going by historical donations to the two parties.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.