i still have my first pc. Initialy it has 8mb ram and a 20mhz cpu and windows 3.0

What year was it when you were 14 though?

Hm. 14. 1984. Uh... I probably had this. :p 3.0 MHz, 256 bytes RAM :D

i am happy this site ahs evolved so well, not to put the dogs done but this is far better use. but there canb be so much more improvements for eg all post should have the solve button and all solve post shoulve be listed as a sub category to each forum , so if u click on a forum heading u should see Solved as an option under the heading or when u search u have the option to search only solved issues

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

i still have my first pc. Initialy it has 8mb ram and a 20mhz cpu and windows 3.0

Glad jbennet...hope you not run vista in it..he he he ;)

Holy mother of god!!! What in the world is that? :| BTW, where the keys in the keyboard diamond crusted or what? $550 bucks for _that_... hahaha i guess times were hard...

Yay! I had one of those :) I was 11

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD "
20 GOTO 10

RUN

He he he happy days....

Yay! I had one of those :) I was 11

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD "
20 GOTO 10

RUN

He he he happy days....

And typing in game program listings that were actually printed (forget disks or downloads, those were years off) in magazines but never checked for syntax errors, resulting in even more debugging fun to get the pathetic thing to run :)

I remember those too :)
Aside from the Vic-20 and C64 and the Atari 400 and 800, the TIs were among the computers available for "average families" (Apples and IBM PCs were expensive and mostly limited to the serious electronic hobbyists)

Glad jbennet...hope you not run vista in it..he he he ;)

I upgraded it to 50mhz cpu, 32mb ram (the max) and put NT3.51 on it in the mid-nineties. it still runs happily.

I upgraded it to 50mhz cpu, 32mb ram (the max) and put NT3.51 on it in the mid-nineties. it still runs happily.

Wow...thats good you are taking care in the way of your PC. And today peripherals are realy a Reckless we need to blow off money if we want Quality.

Regards jbennet..:)

You were doing PC hardware upgrades and OS installs when you were 5ish?

You were doing PC hardware upgrades and OS installs when you were 5ish?

I was 7 and had just tried out NT4 on a libary PC and liked it so i got 3.51

What year was it when you were 14 though?

I am a child of the 90s so i grew up on DOS/3.x/NT/9x

I'm a child of the 1980s. When you could (if there was a supplier in your country) get an IBM PC-XT at 4.77MHz, 384KB RAM, and 2 128KB 5.25" floppy drives for the small sum of about $10.000 plus taxes (another several thousand for the 7" monochrome screen).

I'm a child of the 1980s. When you could (if there was a supplier in your country) get an IBM PC-XT at 4.77MHz, 384KB RAM, and 2 128KB 5.25" floppy drives for the small sum of about $10.000 plus taxes (another several thousand for the 7" monochrome screen).

Wonder what you folks did in those days? No cell phones, no game-boys, no Internet, not too many computers, maybe you played cards or sports more often?

Wonder what you folks did in those days? No cell phones, no game-boys, no Internet, not too many computers, maybe you played cards or sports more often?

We rolled hoops with sticks and we were lucky to have them. Previous generations only had rocks and those were very difficult to roll with sticks.

kids played outdoors in almost all weather, indoors with legos and boardgames when it rained.

I dug a cave under a fallen tree in the forest, my alternative to a treehouse.
Surprisingly comfortable in all weather, I even installed plastic lining on the walls to keep moisture out.

And books of course.

We rolled hoops with sticks and we were lucky to have them. Previous generations only had rocks and those were very difficult to roll with sticks.

lucky you! We only had sticks. Living in a forest we had lots of sticks but not much else (unless it rained, then we had mud).

Hm. 14. 1984. Uh... I probably had this. :p 3.0 MHz, 256 bytes RAM

Dave, I was but a mear egg and sperm then. Hell my older brother wasn't anything more than that either!

Dave, I was but a mear egg and sperm then. Hell my older brother wasn't anything more than that either!

Yeah, Dave's old...
I was only 13 in 1984 :P

i wasnt even concieved in 1984.

1984.. a great novel :)

yeah i love it. animal farm was good too

better than the movie (in both cases).

I was born in 1987. Really remembers that days but i cant feel the spirit of nature today that i have enjoyed in past.

What??

commented: Confused me +2

Not talking about that things:-O ..he he i hate doing such things.

commented: You don't make sense -2
commented: agreed +0

My parents enrolled me in the Scouts so I could satisfy my pyromaniacal tendencies in a controlled environment :)

I was enrolled in Judo classes so I might learn some skills to defend myself against the bullies at school. That didn't last long, the bullies were also in that Judo class and so had even more time to beat me up...
They signed me up for music lessons, which we gave up as I couldn't hold a tone.
I got signed up for a checkers club, stopped after a while as every other member was 50 years older than me.

There was little else in the way of organised activities around in the village, except the football club (beneath our social standing) and the tennis club (for wannabee socialites, people we didn't want to be associated with, which was mutual).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.