My name is Ralph Wilson.

I have been working with Delphi since it was just plain Delphi and I have done professional work (as opposed to personal work) in every version through Delphi 7.

I have been writing programs.applications since January of 1969 and have been developing database applications since about 1972. My experience covers a very wide range of industries as weel as a wide range of languages and datbases.

I am currently getting deeper and deeper into what I would term Database Architect work and am looking ot move even further in that direction in my career (although I will probably continue to be an advocate of Delphi ;-) ).

My hobbies include history, sailing, SCUBA, travel, cooking, photography, and wood working.

Early in my career, I was fortunate enough to be mentored by some extreme heavy-weights in the profession and the only way I can try to repay them is to share whatever knowledge I have with others in the profession.

I live in San Antonio, TX, but have kicked around the country a bit (I was an "Air Force Brat"). I have also lived in:

• Memphis, TN
  • Norman, OK
  • OKC
  • Bossier City, LA
  • Dallas, TX
  • Garland, TX
  • Irving, TX
  • Fairborne, OH
  • Several cities in Japan

I will have questions and I hope to be able to provide answers.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Welcome aboard...hope you'll enjoy it here.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome !

Welcome to DaniWeb Ralph, thanks for the detailed intro.

Please send additional information to:
Billy Winkle
IS Manager
Postal Presort, Inc.
Wichita, Kansas 67203
bwinkle@postalpresort.com

Please send additional information to:
Billy Winkle
IS Manager
Postal Presort, Inc.
Wichita, Kansas 67203
bwinkle@postalpresort.com

What information ? :S

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.