I am a new Computer Science major and was looking for a web resource that might lend me insight concerning this field. Daniweb appears to be the Internet's best bet! Therefore, I shall state my "How are you doing? introduction at this time. I hope this exciting Football season is treating your expectations well and that it keeps you in good spirits. Furthermore, may everyone's programming wish or need for completion be achieved in degree.

I have a Compaq tc4200 Tablet with Windows XP Professional edition installed and also a new copy of Vista Business I just purchased. Installing Vista on my notebook will eliminate some of the functionality of this particular model and I was considering a dual boot scenario instead. Does anyone know if it is possible to have both versions installed on the same computer and if so would it work? I have a new copy of Norton Partition Magic 8.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Welcome,just ask your question in the appropriate forum.You will get more help there,ok?

Thanks for the welcome! I courageously went ahead and halfed my drive then installed Vista without a problem. Dual boot is built in it turns out.

welcome...hope you'll enjoy it here...

Thanks for the welcome! I courageously went ahead and halfed my drive then installed Vista without a problem. Dual boot is built in it turns out.

If that vista was an upgrade version (not full) and you used the XP pro to upgrade from then you probably will fail WGA and both your vista and XP will get blacklisted if it finds out you are still running xp pro

13. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligible
for the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software
you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from.

From the vista EULA

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.