I used to work with procedural languages. C# is all about types. The procedures are secondary to typology. Why???? What do you think was in the minds of those who invented C# ??????? What do they want nincompoops like me to get out of this ??? I love the language yet it keeps slipping away from me each time I think I got the handle on it .....
Can one of you geniuses out there enlighten me ???????
........ Ssam !!!!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MidiMagic

It's object oriented, not procedural. Different paradigm, works better in many cases, works worse in others. Objects are the logical organization unit, rather than their methods/procedures.

when i started wih curly bracket languages(java specifically) i used it in a procedural way only. and even after i gain a full understanding of classes i still only use classes where more convenient. not that what i do is right. in fact i am sure that it is wrong. but procedural is so much easier and obvious.

Procedural is easier and obvious until your design scales. Then it's a mess. Not to say OO isn't, but OO tends to be easier to keep clean.

C# is a slap at Sun's Java, and like Java is Object Oriented. If you want one language that handles procedural and OO, you could take a quick look at Python or Ruby scripting.

I used to work with procedural languages. C# is all about types. The procedures are secondary to typology. Why???? What do you think was in the minds of those who invented C# ??????? What do they want nincompoops like me to get out of this ??? I love the language yet it keeps slipping away from me each time I think I got the handle on it .....
Can one of you geniuses out there enlighten me ???????
........ Ssam !!!!!!

With typology do you mean lots of typing on the keyboard?

With typology do you mean lots of typing on the keyboard?

I'm sure he was referring to the abundance of object types and their relationships to each other. :icon_wink:

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.